Bridgestone ball fittnig numbers and questions...

huhhh

Reaction score
Handicap
25.3 GRINT
I went to one of Brigestone's free fittings yesterday. I hit my current ball (callaway hx diablo tour) about 6 or 8 times, then they recommened the E6 and I hit that 6-8 times and they compared the numbers. This was only a driver fitting and the numbers were...interesting.

callaway... swing speed avg.= 99.8 ball speed = 132.8 launch angle = 12.2 ball spin = 2167rpm side spin= +1125 dist. = 221yds.

E6... swing speed avg. = 100.0 ball speed = 130 launch angle = 15.9 ball spin = 2013 side spin= +896 dist. = 225yds.

SOOO.... aside from the side spin, they are pretty even. The E6 was the only brigestone ball they had me hit. I don't think those numbers warrent a change...although I am a bit concerned about lack of distance from both (even though it was on a LM). Is there another bridgestone ball I should have tried? Are either of these balls a good fit?

Also for refrence my driver is a Ping G-15, 9* stiff. (I tried to stay under controll...I didn't really go after it swing wise)

Interesting stats dude, I'm surprised thats the only one they had you hit. But it looks like they added a few yards and reduced some spin for ya!

More back spin would help you in my opinion. Way too low for your ball speed.

You'd ball speed being so low (for your swing speed) is likely a product of the fade swing you are putting on the ball. My guess is you're swiping it quite a bit.

Yeah...my miss is right. It's not a slice, more of a fade (sometimes the dreaded push fade). Of course I'm not above yanking it left either. It's certainly nothing that launches off the golf course all the time, I hit WAY more fairways than greens, but the fade is there.

Just as a comparison at that swing speed, if you were coming into the ball square and hitting center face, you'd be looking at a ball speed in the high 140's. With that launch and back spin you'd probably see carry distances in the 240's.
Your fade sounds similar to the one I struggled with for a long time, and still do occasionally. It's a very playable shot, but you lose a ton of distance.

Yeah...my miss is right. It's not a slice, more of a fade (sometimes the dreaded push fade). Of course I'm not above yanking it left either. It's certainly nothing that launches off the golf course all the time, I hit WAY more fairways than greens, but the fade is there.

Almost certainly the reason they fitted you for an e6. Straighter ball flight and it will help to keep you on the fairway somewhat. My swing speed hovers in and around the 100mph range as well and I get some good distance out of the e6 so definitely worth sticking with it.

Edit - Just noticed that was my 1000th post as well - so thanks for that :thumb:

I'd switch to the e6 just based on the sidespin numbers.

Almost certainly the reason they fitted you for an e6. Straighter ball flight and it will help to keep you on the fairway somewhat. My swing speed hovers in and around the 100mph range as well and I get some good distance out of the e6 so definitely worth sticking with it.

Edit - Just noticed that was my 1000th post as well - so thanks for that :thumb:
That's the info I was hoping to hear. Thanks...also congrats. I am definetly going to try the E6 I was just wondering if there was more I should be looking at, as that's the only one I hit.

That's the info I was hoping to hear. Thanks...also congrats. I am definetly going to try the E6 I was just wondering if there was more I should be looking at, as that's the only one I hit.

The only downside to the e6 in my view is its huge lack of spin around thre green. Trying to get the e6 to hold onto a green that's a little firmer is near impossible - they spin very little.

I'm in the process of testing some different Bridgestone balls at the moment, I've got a selection of B330, B330S, B330RX and B330RXS, all of which I'm looking to try. The latter two are the ones I believe are likely to suit me most, but we will wait and see.

The only downside to the e6 in my view is its huge lack of spin around thre green. Trying to get the e6 to hold onto a green that's a little firmer is near impossible - they spin very little.
Well...that's what I was afarid of. I like the Diablo because it doesn't really roll out much. The greens I do hit, tend to stay there.

I actually disagree with this. Playing Reunion this weekend which has VERY fast and hard greens and stopping the ball routinely. Spin is mostly about technique. Then couple that with the idea that both of these balls use a surlyn cover and you will see similar results regardless.

i play e6 and have done for a while,but started moving over to the b330 range,the e6 i can cream straight on avg bout 235/240 with a swing speed of 98mph avg and a ball speed of 144 (LM tested) but i prefer the b330 range as i get more control around the greens,i can practically scoop the 330's into the hole whereas the e6's i have to leave a little shorter to allow for the run out,e6 though is a great ball,and it gets an airing most rounds i play.

I actually disagree with this. Playing Reunion this weekend which has VERY fast and hard greens and stopping the ball routinely. Spin is mostly about technique. Then couple that with the idea that both of these balls use a surlyn cover and you will see similar results regardless.

Ive had a couple of rounds with the B330s and have seen far more spin out of the 330s then I've seen out of the e6. Short wedge play in particular is where I have noticed the difference.

Not doubting you in any way shape or form JB, but I get different results. Perhaps it's that famous British grass......

Ive had a couple of rounds with the B330s and have seen far more spin out of the 330s then I've seen out of the e6. Short wedge play in particular is where I have noticed the difference.

Not doubting you in any way shape or form JB, but I get different results. Perhaps it's that famous British grass......

You are comparing a urethane covered ball to a surlyn covered ball however. In this case, the poster is speaking of two surlyn covered balls.

You are comparing a urethane covered ball to a surlyn covered ball however. In this case, the poster is speaking of two surlyn covered balls.

Okay, so the Diablo hx tour and e6 should spin the same (or close enough)? As long as I say away from british grass?

Okay, so the Diablo hx tour and e6 should spin the same (or close enough)? As long as I say away from british grass?

In my opinion, you will see similar spin out of both of those balls.

Ok, so which of the Bridgestone Balls will produce the most spin? I am finally getting my wedge game tight and I get no spin with the B330 and yes in this case it is the ball not the person swinging the clubs. ( I laughed at that one too)

Ok, so which of the Bridgestone Balls will produce the most spin? I am finally getting my wedge game tight and I get no spin with the B330 and yes in this case it is the ball not the person swinging the clubs. ( I laughed at that one too)

B330S and B330-RXS
Although if you are getting no spin out of the urethane covered B330, I think some of it might be technique.

B330S and B330-RXS
Although if you are getting no spin out of the urethane covered B330, I think some of it might be technique.

Agreed 100%

B330S for higher swing speeds, 330RXS for lower swing speeds - or so the theory goes.

I'm looking forward to playing the B330S here at Reunion tomorrow. These greens, aside from the breed of grass, are very similar to spyglass, which I played last week. Can't wait to see how this ball works out! Thanks Bridgestone and THP for the opportunity!

B330S and B330-RXS

With the correct technique it is possible to spin a brick.

Good BSpin numbers are not solely the preserve of high speed swings.

Good clean grooves and descending attack at the ball should have no problem spinning an E6.

Ok, we'll if its technique I surely can't blame the ball this time because my technique is that out of a comic strip. I Might have to go ahead and pony up for some lessons.

I'm in the process of testing some different Bridgestone balls at the moment, I've got a selection of B330, B330S, B330RX and B330RXS, all of which I'm looking to try. The latter two are the ones I believe are likely to suit me most, but we will wait and see.

The e6 is my regular ball and I very happy with the spin on and around the greens. I'm using square grooved wedges with Spinner shafts, but the ball offers me as much stopping power as the B330RX on clean lies but a lot less spin with the driver/3 wood which is why I switched.

Back