Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

Marriott Premier card just launched an 80k signup bonus. The card is normally a 50k bonus and once in a while goes to 70k, but 80k has happened only one other time as far as I know.

Have a trip to California coming up and booked the first two nights using points + cash at a Hyatt Regency and had just enough points to do it, and used a DSU (Diamond Suite Upgrade). Was short on points to book the next two nights since going from Orange County to Carlsbad, and then got a bonus deposited in my account, so booked the next two nights at $45 and 4000 points per.

All 4 nights at the hotels including a suite at the Regency ended up costing $200 and 12,000 points.

Not too shabby at all

Not too shabby at all

Just need to book us a room down by San Diego airport for that day/night before we fly out. I think I leave an hour before you do, but it will be nice to have a place with a shuttle to chill out before hand.

That was a great deal. I don't have to travel work much anymore but the info comes in handy anyway. Thanks!

Starting a new job where I'll be doing domestic travel. No commitments to particular airlines or hotels. I already have a Southwest and Capital One reward cards. Each have a lot of rewards points already so I'm looking around to see if I should add a 3rd. Any thoughts on a credit card that is open to all carriers and stay locations with rewards either in cash back or ability to apply to future travels?

Starting a new job where I'll be doing domestic travel. No commitments to particular airlines or hotels. I already have a Southwest and Capital One reward cards. Each have a lot of rewards points already so I'm looking around to see if I should add a 3rd. Any thoughts on a credit card that is open to all carriers and stay locations with rewards either in cash back or ability to apply to future travels?

The Chase Sapphire Rewards card is good for general travel, per a number of sites. The 50K bonus is nice too.

https://m.creditcards.chase.com/sap...px?cardId=4&SP4R=Y71UH0&S81H=Y71UH0&CELL=6264

For fellow Hyatt Travelers, there is a killer promotion starting up. If you have nights from April through the end of June, you are going to earn some big bonus points.

Earn 5,000 bonus points after 5 nights
Earn 15,000 bonus points after 10 nights
Earn 30,000 bonus points after 15 nights
Earn 50,000 bonus points after 20 nights
Earn 75,000 bonus points after 25 nights

I actually prefer the Marriott over the Hilton program but I don't travel much. Hilton stays seem to cost way more points.

Does anyone know of a hotel program that lets members pets stay free?

Half of the places seem to charge $50-75 just for one night stay with a small dog!!!

Half of the places seem to charge $50-75 just for one night stay with a small dog!!!

Kimpton Hotels is the best when it comes to pets. They aren't as big of a chain as others, but they do not charge a fee for pets.

I actually prefer the Marriott over the Hilton program but I don't travel much. Hilton stays seem to cost way more points.

It does cost more points at Hilton, but you earn points faster too. To use the extreme example, the Gaylord Palms is 30,000 points a night. The Embassy Suites next door is 50,000. You will actually earn the 50k in points faster than you would the 30k in points (Gaylord is Marriott and ES is Hilton) all things being equal (spend, stays, etc). SPG has hotels that cost 3000 points, but the earn is a lot slower.

In my opinion Hyatt has the best earning to spending redemptions.

SPG does at many properties. Hyatt does at a number as well.

Kimpton Hotels is the best when it comes to pets. They aren't as big of a chain as others, but they do not charge a fee for pets.

That has changed at a few properties since they were purchased by IHG.
They are very pet friendly hotels, as is Ritz Carlton, but the leader in the club house at high end right now appears to be Loews.
At least according to our stays and those around us.

Thanks guys, never heard of kimpton or Loews.

Looking for a rewards program with Quality Inn & Suites or Best Western that I could use for my stay up in Sturgeon Bay, WI on July 7th - the 10th. Anyone have a hook up or code I could use? I'd really appreciate it!

Finally signed up for Hyatt Gold since I plan on staying at more Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels when i travel.

Best low price option I have found. Their credit card is solid too.

Their high end places are fantastic too.

Finally signed up for Hyatt Gold since I plan on staying at more Hyatt Place and Hyatt House hotels when i travel.

Good choice we have them and we're platinum status thanks to our wedding lots of options and they've taken pretty good care of us so far

Good choice we have them and we're platinum status thanks to our wedding lots of options and they've taken pretty good care of us so far

It's weird they go regular, platinum and then diamond, but they really take care of customers. I view it more as when comparing Hyatt place to courtyard or Fairfield, which do I want.

It's weird they go regular, platinum and then diamond, but they really take care of customers. I view it more as when comparing Hyatt place to courtyard or Fairfield, which do I want.

The low/mid price in the hyatt chain is so much better than Marriott, which I'm reminded of whenever I book a rewards trip and stay at one (though courtyards have been getting better).

But the hotel I usually stay at for work trips is a Marriott, so that's who I have my rewards with.

Picked up the Chase Ink Plus Biz card this week.
Should be good for separating the expenses and still getting great travel benefits.

For fellow Hyatt users, they have a current promotion on redemptions. Book a stay with points and/or points + cash and get 10% of your points back after the stay.

The Starwood-Marriott merger became official yesterday, and people with status at one group can already status match for the other group by linking their accounts. My wife is SPG Platinum, she's thrilled that she can now use her points and status at Marriott properties.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/09/linking-marriott-and-spg-accounts/

Good looking out, im Platinum with Marriott so going to do this now

Good looking out, im Platinum with Marriott so going to do this now

They need to fix the point redemptions. Right now the earning on SPG to use with Marriott is atrocious.

Back