Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you handle #StaffProto?

The Gear
Each THPer in attendance will receive a brand new set of irons, custom fit for them at the Wilson Golf Innovation Center. These irons will be under embargo for quite some time and you will be the first to have them. Reviews will happen post event, but not for several months and each participant will have to sign a NDA at arrival due to how early these will be in your hands. When the event is over, you keep the clubs of course.

When & Where
October 9th-10th, 2015
Chicago, IL

Information
All of the information about this event can be found here. This includes the full itinerary, costs and everything else.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?71706-2015-Your-Proto-w-Wilson-Staff

Signing Up
Your job is easy. Make a post in this thread in the next 48 hours on why you want to be part of this event. It must be less than 50 words.

Rules
Thread will only be open for 48 hours.
9 lucky THPers will be headed to #StaffProto
You will be tasked with reviewing the irons in the THP forum in 2016.
This thread will close in 48 hours and conversation will be directed here.

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2015 Albatross Club membership which goes to help the organization Folds of Honor and for more information on that, click here.

This has been an event I have been watching very closely!

here is my official entry:

I love irons, and they are my favorite piece of golf equipment
Wilson is THE iron brand throughout history
I have been writing them off when looking at irons recently and want my mind blown
After following #Legacy, Wilson has gotten my attention
I love Chicago in the fall

• Admin
I want in. I love my ci9 irons but there are certainly things I would like to change. I definitely have an idea or three, and would like nothing more than to discuss their feasibility with those who design and build them for a living.

This event is the one I have been waiting on. Thank you THP and Wilson Staff. My official entry is:

Simply put, THP and Wilson Staff are the reason I started taking this game seriously. It would be an honor to represent THP in such an event. I’d bring passion, love for the game and hard work that would make Wilson Staff proud to deliver proto irons to me.

official entry:

I missed the cut last year and wanted in bad. Wilson Staff and THP, knowledge and fun to be had. I’m down on my knees begging you please let Wilson Staff Your Proto 2015 be the THP event for me! P.S. I am really good at keeping secrets.

Best of luck everyone!

good luck everyone, I wish I could make it, but I have to be reasonable.

I will be sticked to the live update thread if there is one

this is going to be a long 48hrs....:desire:

Wilson Staff Prototype Irons - Signup

I would LOVE to be a part of this! My first irons were Wilson Staff blades and I currently game Wilson wedges; this and the the fact that Wilson is a local Chicago company make me want this even more. Best of luck to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fascinated with the history behind Wilson and excited about where they are headed with their golf equipment. I want to be a part of that "something." I hope to be involved in this event so I can bring feedback to the masses regarding the company and their equipment.

Chosen last year for the Wilson event, but had to miss it due to good friends wedding. I love the FG tour wedges and recently the FG Tour Driver has made it into my bag. Would love the opportunity to review these for the THP community.

My Legacy D200s are perfect for me this season. If W/S is updating their Control line (their oldest current clubs), they'll be the perfect clubs for me next season! I'd be their perfect target market. Plus, I'm a total W/S homer now. :angel:

Official Entry:

The first irons I played were Wilson 1200 GEs and have always held a place in my heart. Also, being local company I would love to be a part of the first to review and support my first love and bring that to best golf site on the web.

EDIT: Had to edit mine to remove a word.

Last edited:
I want to get fit from the source and see what goes into their innovation while also leveraging their great heritage. How do they keep with tradition but keep improving? I want to experience Wilson directly and pass that knowledge on! Fit, learn and play right in their backyard.

Last edited:
This is not an entry: I desperately want to attend this event, but I have been the beneficiary of more than my share of Wilson Staff love over the course of the last year. I want others to get the chance to experience the amazing generosity and hospitality of the W/S team in Chicago and get a behind the scenes peek at the phenomenal work they do at their Innovation Center, and there are only 9 spots. Those who go will have an amazing time. Now excuse me while I go dream about Lou Malnati's.

Now excuse me while I go dream about Lou Malnati's.

THis year we upped the stakes a bit for the dinner. Fancy and amazing...

THis year we upped the stakes a bit for the dinner. Fancy and amazing...

As you could imagine knowing my vocation, I am pretty interested in this! It could be like a million places and be awesome. So much great food in Chicagoland right now.

I learned to play on Wilson Staff DYNAPOWER (button back) irons with R-90 wedge and eventually JP Grind wedges. I loved those clubs. I was going to restore, but my little brother gave them away. Wilson has rich history (I’m entrenched) and bright future (I want to be a part).

Not an entry though I wish it was but the people at Wilson are flat out pumped about this. I talked a little with Duffy about this and you could see the excitement. Wilson is coming back strong and you have the opportunity to be on the front line of that come back. That's pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Sounds great. My irons are ten years old and were not fitted. The oldest club in my bag is an R90 wedge from 1980. I need some help getting a higher flight on my irons and I have never been to Chicago.

Unofficial Entry:

Although this event is out of the cards for me this year due to #TheGauntlet I want to tell everyone why I would try my hardest to get into this event. Wilson Staff just gets it. The experience I had there last year was still by far my greatest golf experience of my life. They take the game serious and they truly believe that thpers are a huge part in what's going to help rebuild the WS name. The people there are great, the facilities are world class and they make you feel like family. Everyone should be extremely excited at the possibility of being picked for this. Good luck to all that enter!

Thank you THP and Wilson Golf. Here is my Official Entry:

Wilson Staff Gooseneck irons were my first real set and put me on the path to the game I love today. I'd be honored to play and promote the history of Wilson with their newest offering. Wilson HQ and Innovation Center tour, Custom irons, Golf and THP? Yes Please!!

Official entry:

Being selected for participation in the Your Proto w/ Wilson Staff Event would be quite the honor. The gear speaks for itself and is a dream. The piece that really turns me on is the chance to be part of the Wilson Advisory Staff!!! How awesome is that!? #StaffProto

I'd like to join this event because I'm excited about where Wilson Staff is headed and am interested to learn a lot more about their equipment. I'd also be excited to provide THPers and everyone else as much feedback as possible and keep the momentum for Wilson Staff going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back