Maruman Shuttle Driver & Fairway Woods

Great looking pair of clubs. I especially like the looks of that fairway. It seems like the lower the profile, the easier they are to hit off the deck.

Interesting looking clubs, I have to agree with most on here, that the fairway wood looks nice and low.

That has to be the lowest profile I have seen. That does remind me to ask about the new Adams F11 fairways. the photos kinda' look like they are low profile. Not as low as these but low profile none the less. For anybody that has seen the F11 fairways in the flesh are they low profile or do they seem pretty much like traditional fairways.

We have threads on other brands. Lets keep this one about this brand. Thanks.

I like the look of the FW. That shallow face is pleasing to my eye.

You getting these out on the range soon, JB?

Took the FW out today to put on the range with the Srixon Z-Star FW wood and the Callaway Diablo Octane.

Off the tee I was struggling a little bit getting used to the even more shallow depth than I am used to, but once I did, I really enjoyed this one.

The launch was extremely high for me. Higher than I ever remember hitting a FW of this loft, but not in a way that produced ballooning for my swing.

Off the deck this thing was a star. The shallow face caught the ball in the sweet spot depth wise more times than not and produced straight ball after straight ball. Something I really enjoyed and I definitely look forward to more testing with this one, as well as demo day feedback from all the attendees.

i figured it would shine off the deck with that shallow face, how was the feel

i figured it would shine off the deck with that shallow face, how was the feel

WHen it comes to clubs like these (FW woods), I relate feel a lot to impact sound and pressure. It offers a really nice "ting" and a different sound when you catch it right on the "button" to let you know that you hit it well. It relates to the feel in my opinion.

Thanks for the info

This one is definitely interesting to me. Did you find you had to adjust the way you tee'd up the ball due the shallowness, JB?

This one is definitely interesting to me. Did you find you had to adjust the way you tee'd up the ball due the shallowness, JB?

I did actually. After the first two swings I found myself trying to "guide" the club head for proper contact. Then I started teeing it where I do for a hybrid and it worked far better.

Spent some time yesterday with the Maruman 3 wood and have to say that I really like it. It is larger than a lot of the FW woods we are seeing right now in terms of head size, but because it is so shallow, it caused no problems. In fact, I think I actually preferred the larger size. It sets up nice and launches quite high for me.

It is by far one of the easier FW woods to hit off the deck I found in direct comparison with a few of the usual contenders.

This is a club that I would recommend everybody at the outing pick up and swing. It's definitely a bit odd looking due to it's shape and shallowness, but JB was hammering the ball with it. I just didn't think a 3W could go that high. I hit a few good ones on the range with it as well. Definitely something I want to spend more time with. I didn't have much success with it on the course, but a couple swings during one round isn't enough to tell me much.

I really like the look of this and I like shallow fairway woods but again I don't think they make it in lefty.

I really like the look of this and I like shallow fairway woods but again I don't think they make it in lefty.

I'm not sure on that, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. I think there may be a few people that come away loving this club.

I've never seen a FW with that low of a profile! It would end up being sky city for me.

I've never seen a FW with that low of a profile! It would end up being sky city for me.

Maybe, but I think one could lower the tee height to adjust.

Back