The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Wow, she sounds pretty gracious for all she's been through.

Really feel bad for her. I like how she said... money can make it easier, but it can't put my family back to together. She sounds ok, I'm sure she still has some shock factor to all of this. I give her credit for trying to make it work, but then realizing its better to be happy and alone then be stuck in a relationship without trust.

Well Elin is talking, not a lot, but she did a piece with People Magazine http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...fairs-divorce-people/story?id=11473930&page=1

I think she needs to speak up and stop all these rumors trying to make her out to be the bad person. If she did beat the crap out of him with a golf club he deserved it but no matter what she seems like a great person from what all the people who knew her before Tiger, have said. All I know is she is sexy and free to meet a man worth having, I'm not married but I do have a woman, but she might not mind if I dated Elin since i've always let her know if I run into Paula Creamer I'm gonna propose :D.

Man some of these reporters are obnoxious. DO YOU STILL LOVE HER??? DO YOU STILL LOVE HER?? DO YOU STILL LOVE HER???

Honestly who cares, what does that have to do with anything.

I thought part of the reason she got so damn much money, was that she is/was not allowed to ever speak/interview/write a book about it. Yet here she is....

Interesting.

I thought part of the reason she got so damn much money, was that she is/was not allowed to ever speak/interview/write a book about it. Yet here she is....

Interesting.

Coincidence that this interview was done before the divorce was final? Hmmmm

Actually, people do care for wahtever reason and it's a legit question. Let's say he still does, does that affect his play any more than it may already have? If he doesn't then his play should improve because then he's moved on and if it doesn't, see above. It's probably why he'll never answer that question....
Man some of these reporters are obnoxious. DO YOU STILL LOVE HER??? DO YOU STILL LOVE HER?? DO YOU STILL LOVE HER???

I'm with you on this but unfortunately we're a very small minority.

-JP

Actually, people do care for wahtever reason and it's a legit question. Let's say he still does, does that affect his play any more than it may already have? If he doesn't then his play should improve because then he's moved on and if it doesn't, see above. It's probably why he'll never answer that question....

Thats fine but after the second time of yelling over him answering HER QUESTION is enough. He obviously isn't going to answer it and is blatantly ignoring you so to keep asking louder and louder accomplishes nothing.

completely agree with you. asking the question is fine but how it was being asked was very tabloidy
Thats fine but after the second time of yelling over him answering HER QUESTION is enough. He obviously isn't going to answer it and is blatantly ignoring you so to keep asking louder and louder accomplishes nothing.

I just couldn't imaging how uncomfortable it would be to be going through a messy divorce while having the world looking on and reporters asking questions at every turn.

I can't help but hope the best for Tiger in both his personal life and his game. He screwed up royally, but I believe in second chances.

I can't help but hope the best for Tiger in both his personal life and his game. He screwed up royally, but I believe in second chances.

He definately screwed up...big time. It was his fault, his mistakes that caused all of this. I don't hate him for it, I still cheer for him.

It would be very very interesting to see what happens in the next 5 or 6 weeks. Say he wins 2 of these fedex tournaments and wins the fedex cup, would you include him in the discussion for player of the year? I hope he gets back to playing well because even though I follow golf every tournament, I like it more when he's in the mix.

this was the back page of the NYPOST today.

back082710.jpg

I only care about seeing amazing golf which Tiger can provide. That being said however, I did buy a people magazine this week.

If you take away the realities and the actual happenings and you look at the whole thing from a more metaphysical point of view, you could say that the "Karma Wheel" had to come full-circle before Tiger could go on being Tiger.

In this case (if you buy into the notion of Karma) he's been "allowed" to have at least one competitive round in each of the four majors which basically served as a sort of tease to get him excited and make him feel as if he has a chance only to be disappointed with substandard performance in the other rounds.

It's as if this was a sort of punishment.

On a more earthly level, I've always believed that the only way he could get back to being competitive again would be to get all of the publicity and the legal and marital issues behind him so that he could officially close the door on this unsavory moment in his life. Now that that's been done, he can once again focus on moving forward rather than being held in check by events from the past.

Whether he's right or wrong isn't the point. The point is simply that while the wound was still open, he couldn't move on and now that it's been properly bandaged he can.

Time heals all wounds (or wounds all heels, if you prefer) but in any case, the thing that has to happen now is to allow time to pass and see what the future holds.

-JP

The commentators at the Barclay were saying that Tiger is trying to follow through and finish now with the club parallel to the ground as opposed to how he had been finishing, with the club head pointed up at about 11:00. I actually think Tiger used to have a parallel finish a long time ago. Does anybody remember that as well or do I just plain have it wrong?

Another complete lapse of concentration on the back nine again yesterday. This guy shows flashes of brilliance and then spaces out completely. So weird seeing the guy with the mystique of the unbreakable will do things like this.

This OP makes me laugh so hard considering all that has happened now.

Last week when I heard that Tom Brady had been in a car accident I also couldn't help but be reminded of this and laugh a little. The image of his supermodel wife throwing footballs at his windshield instantly popped into my mind. Of course that one was a real accident.

Last week when I heard that Tom Brady had been in a car accident I also couldn't help but be reminded of this and laugh a little. The image of his supermodel wife throwing footballs at his windshield instantly popped into my mind. Of course that one was a real accident.

When I heard about Brady's wreck, I was thinking the same thing! Except I didn't imagine her throwing footballs at his windshield :laughing:
I still think Tiger needs to be on one of the OnStar commercials.. Cadillac might not be so happy with that though

Back