The Swingpact Review

this is great stuff guys! it's amazing how well a simple device can help...

This thing is fantastic. Everyone should get one. After only 5 minutes with it I am finding my irons are either too long for me or need to be flattened out. At proper address my shoulders are hunched up which gives me great insight to how my swing plane is far from where I thought it would be. I choked down a bit and everything feels right. On takeaway everything feels in unison. My wrists aren't breaking, I am taking it back square, and it just feels "right". GET ONE! Will post more tonight when I can spend a little more time with it.

Got mine in the mail late this afternoon, supposed to rain in the morning, maybe I can try it out tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, spent some more time with the Swingpact. I tell you what, this little gadget is an eye opener for me. I didn't realize how much my right arm was coming into my body on my regular swing. Now, I am clearing my body and swinging freely. Not sure if I am picking up club head speed, but I don't know how I couldn't be. My tempo is way off now. That's a good thing as my down stroke isn't meeting resistance. I almost come out of my shoes when I swing with this thing. My shoulders are very sore. Must be working out new muscles.

Follow the instructions to the letter. My address routine will change for sure. Previously, I just got up there, waggled a bit, and hit it. Now I am levelling the club off in front of me and bending at the waist to address the ball. Just like the instructions. Like I said earlier, my clubs are not properly sized for me. That was clear from the first address with the Swingpact. The toe of my clubs stick way up now. Even more motivation to get different irons this year.

Going to have words with the guy I see for my swing. This little thing has taught me more about my flaws than a whole season with him. If you are married, take the ring off. The way this sets between your fingers really gouges a wedding ring into your finger.:D

It's a quality product as well. Made in the USA.

I can't imagine anyone not benefiting from the Swingpact. This is a huge bang for your buck. If you have a spare $20 laying around for golf related things a Swingpact should be high on the list.

Just got back from the driving range and used the Swingpact for the 1st time. I don't feel that today was the best day to test as the wind was 20 mph with gusts up to 35, so staying in balance and in tempo were hard. I would hit 2 to 5 balls with the Swingpact and then hit 10-12 without it trying to be sure to put my self in the proper address position. From there it was a breeze. I had been bending over too much and it felt strange to stand more upright. I am 6-4 so I am already far enough from the ball I felt, but for some reason it did not take many swings to get comfortable with the more upright stance. With the wind mostly in my face and occasionally from the right side of the range the results were astounding. I was actually hitting all of my irons approximately the same distance as I was before the Swingpact, but remember this is into a 20 mph wind. I was just as I figured with my hybirds and driver, shorter than normal into the wind, don't understand why unless tempo & balance were the big culprits. I can't wait to try this training aide without the wind, but as of right now, it is my favorite training aide ever. Hope this new found distance continues. My accuracy was very hard to judge and the wind took some draws and made them into big hooks.

Last edited:
Just got back from the driving range and used the Swingpact for the 1st time. I don't feel that today was the best day to test as the wind was 20 mph with gusts up to 35, so staying in balance and in tempo were hard. I would hit 2 to 5 balls with the Swingpact and then hit 10-12 without it trying to be sure to put my self in the proper address position. From there it was a breeze. I had been bending over too much and it felt strange to stand more upright. I am 6-4 so I am already far enough from the ball I felt, but for some reason it did not take many swings to get comfortable with the more upright stance. With the wind mostly in my face and occasionally from the right side of the range the results were astounding. I was actually hitting all of my irons approximately the same distance as I was before the Swingpact, but remember this is into a 20 mph wind. I was just as I figured with my hybirds a driver, shorter than normal into the wind, don't understand why unless tempo & balance were the big culprits. I can't wait to try this training aide without the wind, but as of right now, it is my favorite training aide ever. Hope this new found distance continues. My accuracy was very hard to judge and the wind took some draws and made them into big hooks.

Nice, dawg. Did you notice you were swinging more freely?

Nice, dawg. Did you notice you were swinging more freely?

Seemed to be a bit easier to finish the swing and have my belt buckle face the target. I am looking forward to playing tomorrow to see if I can carry over this feeling without the aide.

Had a solid round of 80 today, but finished the last 4 holes 4 over could have been better. I only made 1 of 4 legitimate birdie putts. I did not actually use the Swingpact today, but tried to replicate the feeling I had on the driving range. The times I would stand taller and finish my swing with a good follow through the ball was going where I wanted and was approximately a club longer than I am used to. I did miss long much more than usual so I am thinking if I work with the Swingpact for a couple of months I will see a definite improvement in ball striking. I also ordered the compression board about the same time and decided to use the Swingpact for at least a month before putting the cb into the practice routine. Right now I recommend to anyone wanting to improve their swing to think about investing the roughly $25.00 with shipping for this aid. More updates to follow.

Had a solid round of 80 today, but finished the last 4 holes 4 over could have been better. I only made 1 of 4 legitimate birdie putts. I did not actually use the Swingpact today, but tried to replicate the feeling I had on the driving range. The times I would stand taller and finish my swing with a good follow through the ball was going where I wanted and was approximately a club longer than I am used to. I did miss long much more than usual so I am thinking if I work with the Swingpact for a couple of months I will see a definite improvement in ball striking. I also ordered the compression board about the same time and decided to use the Swingpact for at least a month before putting the cb into the practice routine. Right now I recommend to anyone wanting to improve their swing to think about investing the roughly $25.00 with shipping for this aid. More updates to follow.

I am experiencing the same things, Dawg. This thing really gets you down to golf 101. I notice my pre shot routine is looking a lot like some pros. Funny I thought those guys were just showing off their world class waggle. No. They are getting in the proper address position. For the measley price of this thing I can't think of any golfer that wouldn't reap some benefit from the Swingpact.

Thanks for the great writeups, I ordered one last night....will let you know how it works out for me.

Finally spent a good amount of time with the Swingpact at the range today. Pre Swingpact my misses were fades and pushes. Now, I am on the other side. I hit some epic hooks with the K15 today. My usual OTT flaw is all but gone and I am turning on the ball much quicker now. I was absolutely punishing my drives with most of them landing past the 250 yard mark. Not too bad with range balls and slippery footing. My pace and timing need to be tuned as does my alignment.

Driver - draws with a couple big hooks and increased distance
3 wood - Never, NEVER hit it better than today. Club came alive with the Swingpact. Dead straight to draws, almost ballooning ball flight. I want a nice high flight with my 3W.
Hybrids - Not a whole lot here, they seem to go basically straight. Hit the Super Hybrid I recently purchased on THP BST forum and it was solid. Penetrating draws and very long. It's 17* and I bet a couple got past my 3W shots.
Irons - Challenging to control distance as I need to work on my tempo. I will spend more time with irons and the Swingpact later. I was having so much fun with the hybrids, woods, and driver they didn't get much action.

Basically, the Swingpact puts me in a good position to make a shot. My swing feels much more consistent and I can make meaningful adjustments now that address and takeaway is 100% repeatable. Having a blast with this little gizmo.

Had another range scession today and did as before, would hit 3 shots with the swingpact and then try to hit as many shots as I could before I started to hit straying shots. I really hope I take this accuracy to the course tomorrow. The 1st 50 shots were all no more than 10 yards off center line on any of the shots. As I was running out of balls, I really tried to swing hard at and then the ball would venture off line sometimes as much as 30 yards. I attribute some of that to a 10-20 mph wind I was hitting into. I enjoy using this swing aid and will continue to use it for quite some time, it has given me a more upright stance and it is much easier to clear my hips and swing through the ball. Only very few golfers would not benefit from this aid, and those people are already scoring very well IMO.

Had another range scession today and did as before, would hit 3 shots with the swingpact and then try to hit as many shots as I could before I started to hit straying shots. I really hope I take this accuracy to the course tomorrow. The 1st 50 shots were all no more than 10 yards off center line on any of the shots. As I was running out of balls, I really tried to swing hard at and then the ball would venture off line sometimes as much as 30 yards. I attribute some of that to a 10-20 mph wind I was hitting into. I enjoy using this swing aid and will continue to use it for quite some time, it has given me a more upright stance and it is much easier to clear my hips and swing through the ball. Only very few golfers would not benefit from this aid, and those people are already scoring very well IMO.

My observations are similar to yours Dawg. Much easier to clear on the downswing using the Swingpact. I was killing the long clubs. Irons will take some big time work for me. Since I am clearing out easier and faster my tempo is way off. Who would have thought such a simple aid could provide so much postive feedback after only a few swings?

this is awesome feedback guys!!!!

Finally spent a good amount of time with the Swingpact at the range today. Pre Swingpact my misses were fades and pushes. Now, I am on the other side. I hit some epic hooks with the K15 today. My usual OTT flaw is all but gone and I am turning on the ball much quicker now. I was absolutely punishing my drives with most of them landing past the 250 yard mark. Not too bad with range balls and slippery footing. My pace and timing need to be tuned as does my alignment.

Driver - draws with a couple big hooks and increased distance
3 wood - Never, NEVER hit it better than today. Club came alive with the Swingpact. Dead straight to draws, almost ballooning ball flight. I want a nice high flight with my 3W.
Hybrids - Not a whole lot here, they seem to go basically straight. Hit the Super Hybrid I recently purchased on THP BST forum and it was solid. Penetrating draws and very long. It's 17* and I bet a couple got past my 3W shots.
Irons - Challenging to control distance as I need to work on my tempo. I will spend more time with irons and the Swingpact later. I was having so much fun with the hybrids, woods, and driver they didn't get much action.

Basically, the Swingpact puts me in a good position to make a shot. My swing feels much more consistent and I can make meaningful adjustments now that address and takeaway is 100% repeatable. Having a blast with this little gizmo.

Got mine after getting home from playing 36 yesterday...... I instantly tried it out to check my setups. Turns out my irons were already spot on and my hands are way to low on the driver and 3 wood. While I haven't tried it on the course yet, it makes sense considering that I'm a pretty decent iron player and have struggled with inconsistencies off the tee as of late.

Would have gone to the range today, but a few tornadoes and several inches of rain killed that idea. Maybe Sunday and I'll see if a setup change is what I need.

Got mine after getting home from playing 36 yesterday...... I instantly tried it out to check my setups. Turns out my irons were already spot on and my hands are way to low on the driver and 3 wood. While I haven't tried it on the course yet, it makes sense considering that I'm a pretty decent iron player and have struggled with inconsistencies off the tee as of late.

Would have gone to the range today, but a few tornadoes and several inches of rain killed that idea. Maybe Sunday and I'll see if a setup change is what I need.

Good idea higher, I look forward to you thoughts and observations concerning the Swingpact too.

Had my first swingpact range session today..... My short to mid irons seemed to be fine upon checking. As the clubs got longer, I saw my setup issues emerge. Basically, I've been bending over a bit too much and getting my hands a bit low, almost a short iron address with my long clubs. It was really apparent in the driver and 3 wood. After a little experimenting, I tried standing a bit more upright with the driver and started hitting some decent shots. A few more setup tweaks had me pretty much holding my line, ie within what would be the fairway on most holes. The 3 wood which had been on a bad club timeout came back to life. My long irons were a little crisper.

Now for the device itself, I'm not a fan hitting balls with it on. Then again, I don't really like hitting balls with any of the devices on the club, so it's not really a knock on the swingpact. It seems to be decently constructed, and seems to work well with my strong grip and even a neutral one. As far as measuring the angle, it feels like there's a bit of cheating possible, but not much.... You'll just have to decide on the amount of pressure you're going to use and stick with it. On the swing with it, it does give good feedback on a one piece takeaway. I think it would work very well practicing the setup and takeaway without hitting a ball. It also seemed to work pretty well on little chips with no wrist action.

For $20, I bought mine from amazon with my free prime 2 day shipping, I think it's worth it, especially if I can translate those driver results to the course (that's the weak link in my game)...... Surely you could pretty much get your angles right by subscribing to the "point at the belt buckle" theory, but this gives you some quick feedback without thinking. It's very easy for me to start to get frustrated on the range and start to have the basics break down in an effort to make the ball go where I want, and this thing can help tone that down a bit. I'll post again as I get more results, good or bad.

Nice write up higher, and I agree I don't like to hit with it on very much as I seem to concentrate on it a touch too much. I generally only hit about 9 balls total with it on, but I take many practice swings with it. I feel that it is helping me with my ball striking alot as I feel very confident that I have my set up angles correct now.

Glad to hear your results are similar to mine higher. Played a good long game today and I credit it to the Swingpact. Was hitting off the hosel on some chips and missed a ton of 6 foot putts today, that's another matter. I am swinging so much more freely now.

The web site is down and it's out of stock on Amazon. Anyone know what happened? I really wanted one.

I tried the link in the first post to read the review, which I missed, and it's taking me to the THP home page.

I got a swingpact about 18 months ago but really never used it.

I know the device changed to 'tourangle144'....but does anyone still use the original version?

Back