Lower body issues

cammyandcarter

Reaction score
Handicap
Too much
Hi Andy, previuosly we talked about hitting behind the ball, you said to move the ball forward and it worked great...I played 18 today and had the best ball striking day I've had ever. I noticed that I was pushing the ball left at times, but I can live with that....my question is this, my friend I was with ( he is a 3, and has played most of his life so I think he has a good idea if what he's talking about). Anyways, he noticed that I made a concerted effort tomtry and stay over the ball on my takeaway, which I was doing, but he noticed that it seemed to freeze my lower body. Am I wrong In trying to stay over the ball And is there anything I can try to help get my lower body firing? Also, fwiw, I shot a 96, my first 18 of the year, and while that's not a great score, my first round in 2010 was 118. I will take a 22 shot improvement any day. Thanks andy

A fairly quiet low body is a good thing on the back swing. Not firing on the down swing is more a plane issue. To feel a weight transfer this occurs with the upper body not the lower body. TO feel this stand in posture with your back hip against the back of the couch. Turn to the top of your backswing. From here place your sternum over the back of the couch. Feel the weight get into your back foot? THis is a proper weight shift.

Back