Footjoy and Clothing

calebt17

Reaction score
Handicap
Been coming for a while now. Interesting idea, with in the crowded market, but good for green grass accounts where they already carry a lot of Acushnet products.

Not sure if this is part of their line but we have some really nice undershirts in our pro shop we just got in. Full sleeve mocks that would look great under a polo.

If Cleveland can have their, "Classics" line of clothing, no reason why Footjoy shouldnt do something similar. The market may be crowded but Id bet a lot of people would buy it just because of the Footjoy name.

If Cleveland can have their, "Classics" line of clothing, no reason why Footjoy shouldnt do something similar. The market may be crowded but Id bet a lot of people would buy it just because of the Footjoy name.

I dont see the comparison I guess?

Cleveland has almost always had apparel going back to their Fidra line.

Having a strong reputation with their weather outerwear will defiantly help sales with the clothing line.

I dont see the comparison I guess?

Cleveland has almost always had apparel going back to their Fidra line.

My point was if Cleveland can have a clothing line why not Footjoy?

My point was if Cleveland can have a clothing line why not Footjoy?

I guess I dont see what you mean. Cleveland is a complete full golf industry line that has almost always had a clothing line minus a couple of years. FootJoy is a shoe company that has layers and outerwear and now adding full apparel.

In a time of flux and the company for sale, I just dont see this as a positive move. My opinion clearly in a crowded market, but with Acushnet's stranglehold on green grass, they will move apparel.

I still dont see the comparison to Cleveland. That is like saying because Scratch makes wedges, they should make footwear or because FootJoy makes shoes they should make wedges.

I guess I dont see what you mean. Cleveland is a complete full golf industry line that has almost always had a clothing line minus a couple of years. FootJoy is a shoe company that has layers and outerwear and now adding full apparel.

In a time of flux and the company for sale, I just dont see this as a positive move. My opinion clearly in a crowded market, but with Acushnet's stranglehold on green grass, they will move apparel.

I still dont see the comparison to Cleveland. That is like saying because Scratch makes wedges, they should make footwear or because FootJoy makes shoes they should make wedges.

Scratch shoes would be sooooo buttery soft.

What is a "green grass account"?

How much of any "manufacturers" products are actually made by them versus jobbed out to China/Mexico/other to be made to their specs?

I doubt Foot Joy is investing in more than design; they certainly have the advertising and distribution channels already.

(BTW - Nike is a sneaker company and Cleveland is a wedge company and Taylor Made is a metalwood company)

Last edited:

This is starting to remind me of, "whos on first". LOL

Footjoy is Acushnet's shoe/glove/apparel line, as Im sure we all know. With that in mind, why wouldnt they get into being a full golf apparel line? Yes, right now is a tough market but there arent many companies in golf that have more marketing power than Achushnet.
Why the comparison to Cleveland? I dont know, why not? Cleveland is a club company that also sells apparel, so why cant Acushnet sell clothing under the Footjoy name?[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I love the FJ outer wear, the quality is excellent

Maybe someone has more info on it, but didn't footjoy have a polo line before?

If so, what's the difference?

Maybe someone has more info on it, but didn't footjoy have a polo line before?

If so, what's the difference?

I think that a lot of the Titleist/Footjoy staffers have worn polos in the past with the FJ logo on it, but it was just like another sponsor logo, not an actual shirt made by Footjoy.

I can't see the harm in the move by Footjoy; they already make outerwear and shoes, so it's not a huge leap for them to make a full line of apparel. Plus, they've already got a built-in base of players that will wear the stuff, just take all of the guys that play Titleist equipment and have Peter Millar apparel contracts right now, I bet most of them go over to Footjoy's apparel line. Also, as some have speculated, this announcement is coming out now to make Titleist/Footjoy look more appealing when Fortune Brands sells them off later this year.

I think that a lot of the Titleist/Footjoy staffers have worn polos in the past with the FJ logo on it, but it was just like another sponsor logo, not an actual shirt made by Footjoy.

I can't see the harm in the move by Footjoy; they already make outerwear and shoes, so it's not a huge leap for them to make a full line of apparel. Plus, they've already got a built-in base of players that will wear the stuff, just take all of the guys that play Titleist equipment and have Peter Millar apparel contracts right now, I bet most of them go over to Footjoy's apparel line. Also, as some have speculated, this announcement is coming out now to make Titleist/Footjoy look more appealing when Fortune Brands sells them off later this year.

They had a FJ tag and all.

http://www.tgw.com/customer/categor...277/refScid/1020/sattr0/Gender/sattrVal0/mens

Here.

This is an interesting announcement and I'm excited to see what they roll out, but I think this is an uphill climb with established apparel companies already having a stronghold. I imagine that the quality will be high, but time will tell.

Back