the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
as you may know i have been playing the superfast 2.0 which i got fitted for at american golf. up the range tonight trying to get it to work again and my pro passed by and watched me. He said that the drivers not suited for me and that i probally wasnt fitted right and they just wanted to sell the club. so he got me a r9 2 differnent burners and a callaway driver to try out. i was smashing hell out of the r9 and he seemed to think that was the driver i should switch to.
Heeeellppp what do i do?

as you may know i have been playing the superfast 2.0 which i got fitted for at american golf. up the range tonight trying to get it to work again and my pro passed by and watched me. He said that the drivers not suited for me and that i probally wasnt fitted right and they just wanted to sell the club. so he got me a r9 2 differnent burners and a callaway driver to try out. i was smashing hell out of the r9 and he seemed to think that was the driver i should switch to.
Heeeellppp what do i do?

Get on a launch monitor and determine what is the best option for your game.

With me its all about how I hit the ball, if you are hitting the R9 better than all the others, then maybe your Pro is right and you should switch too it

when i got fit for the superfast i was on launch monitor but what he sold me isnt working. ill see if my pro can get one sorted for me

I have the R9 and want a SF 2.0 we can trade :)

Get on a launch monitor and determine what is the best option for your game.

JB - Any tips / suggestions to help determine if a launch monitor is "juiced"? I know the easy answer is to go somewhere you really trust, but I think people are hesitant to trust whats on the monitor

JB - Any tips / suggestions to help determine if a launch monitor is "juiced"? I know the easy answer is to go somewhere you really trust, but I think people are hesitant to trust whats on the monitor

I have no idea really. Grab your numbers and go to another place and compare?

At the end of the day there is nothing better than a driving range and a club. All for launch monitors/Golftech/PGA simulators to help gauge what one club is doing from another, but the final piece is learned on the range so that you can see the ball launch/flight/and true distance when comparing clubs. There is where you see what the club is truely doing with your swing. Good Luck!

At the end of the day there is nothing better than a driving range and a club. All for launch monitors/Golftech/PGA simulators to help gauge what one club is doing from another, but the final piece is learned on the range so that you can see the ball launch/flight/and true distance when comparing clubs. There is where you see what the club is truely doing with your swing. Good Luck!

I agree completely - my last two drivers were bought solely off indoor launch monitor results and both were disappointing. I still have the second since I have not had the money or time to replace it. But I will rely much more on range results rather than the launch monitor this time around.

I disagree. I think that the range may show you ball flight, but all the ball flight is doing is based on the numbers. And you can use a launch monitor outside. There is no real way to gauge proper launch angles without a launch monitor and it is the reason they are always used for club fitting at the highest level.

I also think launch monitors and simulators get mistaken quite a bit. They are different in terms of fitting.

I agree completely - my last two drivers were bought solely off indoor launch monitor results and both were disappointing. I still have the second since I have not had the money or time to replace it. But I will rely much more on range results rather than the launch monitor this time around.

+1 I agree as well, but I can see the agument on the other side too

to be honest i love the superfast driver when i hit it right it flys but its just not consistant i think the bloke fudged the numbers or he didnt have aclue what he was doing and just wanted a sale.

to be honest i love the superfast driver when i hit it right it flys but its just not consistant i think the bloke fudged the numbers or he didnt have aclue what he was doing and just wanted a sale.

Or he fit you based on your best numbers for one or a few drives rather than overall consistency. I demoed the 2.0 on Saturday and had trouble with center contact - too long and too light of a shaft for me.

Or he fit you based on your best numbers for one or a few drives rather than overall consistency. I demoed the 2.0 on Saturday and had trouble with center contact - too long and too light of a shaft for me.

the thing i noticed tonight i had 6 drivers all lined up and it was way longer than the rest although i didnt think that was a problem at first

Find a Trackman. Boom! Best of both worlds. You get numbers and ball flight.

I would go back for another couple of range sessions to really see if the R9 is the better club.

Your best bet is to get yourself to the Belfry as your not that far from it, launch monitors and range and no brand affiliation,no hard sell either.
American golf are pretty clueless when it comes to fitting,no better than JJB IMO.A spotty 18 year old who plays off 24 trying to tell you
what you need for your game is not the best way to get fit lol!

Launch monitors point you in the right direction, that's it. None of us are robots or tour guys that have a 100% repeatable swing. Given that, what works in the store could be different in play simply due to randomness. There is a happy medium between high tech and low tech when choosing clubs. IMO it is best to pick your favorites and use numbers to sort it out from there. If I don't LIKE the club I am hitting I won't score well with it regardless of what numbers I generate off a monitor. And good LM numbers don't make me like a club. We are all naturally drawn to certain brands, styles, and uniqueness of clubs and to say otherwise is untrue.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to get yourself to the Belfry as your not that far from it, launch monitors and range and no brand affiliation,no hard sell either.
American golf are pretty clueless when it comes to fitting,no better than JJB IMO.A spotty 18 year old who plays off 24 trying to tell you
what you need for your game is not the best way to get fit lol!

im there on thursday next week would be nice to take a driver i can use

I'm not a big fan of American Golf fittings either. They're trying to sell, and I'm not surprised they put a white driver in your hands. That's not to say it wouldn't work for you, but I'm going to guess you hit maybe 6-10 balls with it before they recommended it? Did they give you a few to put it up against?

Launch monitors point you in the right direction, that's it. None of us are robots or tour guys that have a 100% repeatable swing. Given that, what works in the store could be different in play simply due to randomness.

Then what would make that any different than what you see on the range?

A launch monitor tells you traits that are a direct influence on how the ball flies....and once again, why does everybody seem to think that a launch monitor cannot be used outdoors? Most professional fitters have access to a monitor that can be used at a range. I think once again people are getting launch monitors and simulators confused.

when i got fit for the superfast i was on launch monitor but what he sold me isnt working. ill see if my pro can get one sorted for me

I don't think the guy just sold you a driver. I think you were just hitting it well that day. The Superfast is linger and lighter than the R9. You really have to wait a fraction longer for the head to catchup. It might not be the club for you but what if the pro fits you and you have a bad night or day with the new driver. You're not going to get another driver, are you?

Then what would make that any different than what you see on the range?

A launch monitor tells you traits that are a direct influence on how the ball flies....and once again, why does everybody seem to think that a launch monitor cannot be used outdoors? Most professional fitters have access to a monitor that can be used at a range. I think once again people are getting launch monitors and simulators confused.

Trackman is great for a combination of low and high tech fitting. For me personally I have to have confidence in my clubs. If I am generating great numbers off a 910 D2 set wide open (I have indoors) something is amiss as my swing flaw is OTT. To not take advantage of a monitor is foolish. But to only use monitor data is equally foolish for me. I will take some extra spin off a driver if I have a ton of confidence at address.

Yeah, simulators are video games. Those numbers are in no way accurate.

Trackman is great for a combination of low and high tech fitting. For me personally I have to have confidence in my clubs. If I am generating great numbers off a 910 D2 set wide open (I have indoors) something is amiss as my swing flaw is OTT. To not take advantage of a monitor is foolish. But to only use monitor data is equally foolish for me. I will take some extra spin off a driver if I have a ton of confidence at address.

Yeah, simulators are video games. Those numbers are in no way accurate.

Almost any launch monitor can be used outdoors to see ball flight. A launch monitor is only taking photo information and translating spin and launch data. The same shots would be recorded regardless of scenario.

Back