Odyssey at The Heritage

Did you check out the first post? They are not part of the staff that receives a weekly check. My gut is that there is a winners pool like with just about any manufacturer, but no pay for play outside of that.

So were they paid or not?

I think that's awesome for Odyssey. It's great that none are staff players and they use the putter that works for them. I always liked the white hot insert. I can't wait to get my putter in the near future.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

And he's been the poster child for great putting on the PGA Tour ever since, haha

And because he was putting terribly and was looking for a miracle piece.

He still made the switch to the Method because of the course conditions. I didn't say it was a smart decision.

This is awesome news for Odyssey. Also interesting is the (low) retail price of the putters these guys were using.

I can't wait to start gaming my new Odyssey putter in the build up to the Morgan Cup!

He's won with the Scotty on slow greens before. So I think that it was just an excuse IMO.

Not arguing.

I am not overly familiar with the Odyssey line. What is the major difference between the White Hot XG Insert and the White Ice insert? Is it firmness? I also read that the sound is different between the two.

In terms of the phrase "winners pool", is it just winners who get paid? Or top 5? Top 10?

Not arguing.

I am not overly familiar with the Odyssey line. What is the major difference between the White Hot XG Insert and the White Ice insert? Is it firmness? I also read that the sound is different between the two.

Good question bg, I am interested in the response to this one too.

In terms of the phrase "winners pool", is it just winners who get paid? Or top 5? Top 10?

Its a pool of dollars that go to players using the equipment depending on how they finish.

There are very few that do not have this in some form. SeeMore comes to mind as not having anything like this. They are one of the few that come to mind though.

Good question bg, I am interested in the response to this one too.

The sound is slightly different and to me, the white ice is a firmer insert.

Its a pool of dollars that go to players using the equipment depending on how they finish.

There are very few that do not have this in some form. SeeMore comes to mind as not having anything like this. They are one of the few that come to mind though.

Thank you.

White Ice insert is firmer and stiffer; according to Odyssey. White Ice insert is rougher than White Hot; as in White Hot is smoother to the touch. They do sound different. Odyssey website states it's the roughness which makes them sound different. I don't know how to describe except to say, however one might describe the sound difference, the ball seems to jump off the face of the White Ice more than the White Hot. One more day and my new 36" White Ice #7 will be finally in the house.

I loved this bit of information. I at times have a preference over insert vs not but it's rarely to do with anything good lol. I just love seeing pro's play what they want too play. Really speaks to the Odyssey putters. I remember the day my uncle showed me the first odyssey he bought with the black insert. Loved that putter.

Great info. It's also refreshing to see that they were not paid to play those putters. It just goes to show that the putter is the most personal thing a golfer plays. I wonder if Odyssey/Callaway will decide to sign any of these guys because of results. Also love that Ricky Barnes is using the same putter I've been gaming lately (of course with a few modifications I bet).

That is impressive indeed! I like that they have two #7s up there. That is a great putter that doesn't get a lot of love!

Not in this case, as non Odyssey staffers that means they're just using these putters for the simple reason we all use a particular putter- because they sink more putts with it.

Just hard for me to believe with all the money that is being thrown around that the number 3 player in the world is playing a putter just because he likes it.

Just hard for me to believe with all the money that is being thrown around that the number 3 player in the world is playing a putter just because he likes it.

Well, I dont know what to tell you, they are not part of the Odyssey staff. Hence the reason Odyssey cannot use their likeness. Its a different thing than say a Martin Kaymer being part of the Ping putter staff or Steve Stricker being a part of the Odyssey staff. They can use their likeness and are paid a certain amount each week that the putter stays in the bag regardless of finish.

This is great for odyssey, I've never really liked the inserts, however I haven't spent a lot of time with them either.

I don't really think he is asking you to believe it. I see it more as he is telling you the facts... He has been honest that there is likely a winners pool, but if they aren't getting paid to have it in the bag then they aren't getting paid.

Edit:

I need to pull the old White-Hot #7 out of the basement and put it back in the bag. I loved that putter but really struggled with longer putts. I have improved my putting a lot and I wonder if she can make a come back. I tell you what- I never made more putts <10ft than I did when I was gaming that putter.

Interesting stuff, I did notice a lot of white inserts looking at me from the TV yesterday. Those greens yesterday looked shinny and fast a lot like green linoleum. I am not sure I would have much luck with my White-Hot on them.

Well, I dont know what to tell you, they are not part of the Odyssey staff. Hence the reason Odyssey cannot use their likeness. Its a different thing than say a Martin Kaymer being part of the Ping putter staff or Steve Stricker being a part of the Odyssey staff. They can use their likeness and are paid a certain amount each week that the putter stays in the bag regardless of finish.

I don't really think he is asking you to believe it. I see it more as he is telling you the facts... He has been honest that there is likely a winners pool, but if they aren't getting paid to have it in the bag then they aren't getting paid.

Easy Boy's, it's only Monday. All I'm saying is that it is hard to believe. If JB is stating this on fact, and I think I know him well enough by now to know he wouldn't say it if he didn't know, its just hard to believe with how loosely the OEM's throw money at these guys.

If its any consolation, I find it hard to believe that gas is now $4.17 but it is. I just filled up and that is what I paid. Just hard to believe though....

Ive always found that white ice insert to be one of the softer feeling inserts Ive ever rolled but Odyssey says its firmer then the white hot. Thats interesting.

Back