Odyssey at The Heritage

I've thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the White Hot XG #9.

Easy Boy's, it's only Monday. All I'm saying is that it is hard to believe. If JB is stating this on fact, and I think I know him well enough by now to know he wouldn't say it if he didn't know, its just hard to believe with how loosely the OEM's throw money at these guys.

If its any consolation, I find it hard to believe that gas is now $4.17 but it is. I just filled up and that is what I paid. Just hard to believe though....

Now that is funny......

Well, I dont know what to tell you, they are not part of the Odyssey staff. Hence the reason Odyssey cannot use their likeness. Its a different thing than say a Martin Kaymer being part of the Ping putter staff or Steve Stricker being a part of the Odyssey staff. They can use their likeness and are paid a certain amount each week that the putter stays in the bag regardless of finish.

JB, is Kaymer being paid to play his Ping putter? I thought he was just using the Ping caused he liked it. Like these guys using the Odyssey putters.

Easy Boy's, it's only Monday. All I'm saying is that it is hard to believe. If JB is stating this on fact, and I think I know him well enough by now to know he wouldn't say it if he didn't know, its just hard to believe with how loosely the OEM's throw money at these guys.

If its any consolation, I find it hard to believe that gas is now $4.17 but it is. I just filled up and that is what I paid. Just hard to believe though....

This is very interesting. JB, being that these guys use the Odyssey because they want to rather than due to a sponsors requirement, would they have the option of signing with Odyssey? Donald for instance is highly ranked and I am sure would be welcome wouldnt he? As for the others, any insights as to why they dont sign with anyone else? I mean they arent exactly TW rich with the luxury of just not worrying about sponsorship dollars I would assume.

I really have no opinions here, I am just curious if someone with more understanding of how this works can give me some insight, it really is quite interesting.

JB, is Kaymer being paid to play his Ping putter? I thought he was just using the Ping caused he liked it. Like these guys using the Odyssey putters.

He is getting paid.

This is very interesting. JB, being that these guys use the Odyssey because they want to rather than due to a sponsors requirement, would they have the option of signing with Odyssey? Donald for instance is highly ranked and I am sure would be welcome wouldnt he? As for the others, any insights as to why they dont sign with anyone else? I mean they arent exactly TW rich with the luxury of just not worrying about sponsorship dollars I would assume.

I really have no opinions here, I am just curious if someone with more understanding of how this works can give me some insight, it really is quite interesting.

I wish I had an answer for that, but to do so would require me having insight into one's thinking and I just dont know.

Well, to be fair... Luke Donald has made 2.7 mil this year. He may not be making "TW" money but I think he does OK for himself.

Maybe some of these guys value being able to pick up a few putters around the practice green and try out something new, with the option of bagging it? I guess it's the most personal choice in the bag, so they might want to reserve the right to jump to another brand. Maybe the putter-only deals aren't worth enough to warrant that. Just thinkin.

Maybe some of these guys value being able to pick up a few putters around the practice green and try out something new, with the option of bagging it? I guess it's the most personal choice in the bag, so they might want to reserve the right to jump to another brand. Maybe the putter-only deals aren't worth enough to warrant that. Just thinkin.

That makes a lot of sense, paulo. Don't tell anybody I said that.

I think this is the reason some of them have deals for 12 - 13 clubs. They want the freedom to try other putters, drivers etc.

Maybe, but there are TONS of guys that have putter deals. I mean TONS! It can pay a good chunk of change for some of these guys depending on the company.

That makes a lot of sense, paulo. Don't tell anybody I said that.

I'm quoting this just in case you wake up and decide to delete it! :D

Maybe, but there are TONS of guys that have putter deals. I mean TONS! It can pay a good chunk of change for some of these guys depending on the company.

See I've no idea about the figures involved, so it was of course mere speculation. I'd say then perhaps it's the guys that don't necessarily need the cash bonus, but going on the top guys at the Heritage, that doesn't really play out either.

I heard of one player getting 25k to play a certain putter Masters week.

Furyk was gaming an Odyssey as well. On Sunday, he and Luke's putts were getting some major closeups from behind, nicely displaying "Odyssey" while the ball has being hit.

Furyk was gaming an Odyssey as well. On Sunday, he and Luke's putts were getting some major closeups from behind, nicely displaying "Odyssey" while the ball has being hit.

Almost like they do that on purpose.

Back