Odyssey at The Heritage

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this incredibly interesting considering. The top 5 and 7 out of the top 10 all used Odyssey this week. Having the entire top 5 is a nice stat and we have seen it before, but this one stands out for an interesting reason...

None of these players are on staff to play an Odyssey putter.

1st - Brandt Snedeker- Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie
2nd - Luke Donald- Odyssey White Hot XG #7H
3rd - Tommy Gainey – Odyssey Backstryke Blade
T4th - Tim Herron – Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball
T4th - Ricky Barnes – Odyssey White Ice #9
T6th - Ben Crane – Odyssey White Hot #5
T9th - Paul Goydos- Odyssey White Hot XG #7

Odyssey has always been good and always will be good putters, its nice not to see any SC up in there

Lots of mallets too. C'mon DART!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I did notice a lot of Odyssey on the greens yesterday, but that is pretty amazing if none of these guys are actually contracted to play the club! They seem to be somewhat quietly sneaking up the leaderboard in numbers. The Rossie is a favourite of mine too.

They are great putters. Look at all the White Hot insert love. Wonder why the Ice isnt as popular.

Can't argue with results, and they are there week after week.

Thats a very refreshing stat. Maybe they should start an ad campaign that says winners really do choose Odyssey.

How much does pay for play factor into these numbers though?

• Admin
How much does pay for play factor into these numbers though?

Did you check out the first post? They are not part of the staff that receives a weekly check. My gut is that there is a winners pool like with just about any manufacturer, but no pay for play outside of that.

One-T'd like a pro!

I also find it very interesting that they all use the insert.

I noticed that too. No Tour Blacks at all. The White Hot getting tons of love.

Looks like pros have no trouble using the White Hot insert....great stat for Odyssey in that none of those are on staff and are using it because they want to

I think this bodes well for Odessey, they do make some great putters as we all know. I think it's rather interesting this week they all rose to the top.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get away from my Odyssey. Cool stat.

They better start paying Luke Donald because I feel like I've seen his putter on TV more than anyone's this year with all of his top finishes.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get away from my Odyssey. Cool stat.

Same here. I finally conceded and took the Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-6 out of the bag for good and put her on fleabay. Taps was played, tears were shed.

Looks like pros have no trouble using the White Hot insert....great stat for Odyssey in that none of those are on staff and are using it because they want to

As JB posted, that is what I find most interesting. I have only owned 1 Odyssey, and that was years ago. Might need to start looking a little harder at them next time I am in a golf shop.

Really interesting stat, thanks for sharing that.

I was noticing a lot of Odyssey action all weekend at the Heritage, Callaway/Odyssey has to love that. Every time they showed a guy putting we got another close look at one of their putters. I still haven't seen a DART on TOUR yet, once they start seeing and hearing how well our preparation for the Morgan Cup is going with the DART they'll be changing though.

I was noticing a lot of Odyssey action all weekend at the Heritage, Callaway/Odyssey has to love that. Every time they showed a guy putting we got another close look at one of their putters. I still haven't seen a DART on TOUR yet, once they start seeing and hearing how well our preparation for the Morgan Cup is going with the DART they'll be changing though.

I haven't seen one either dude. I've seen a few DART's on the LPGA though.

Do course conditions ever push a tour guy into a different putter? I don't follow WITB as closely as others so I have no idea if these guys have been using the same putters or if they recently switched. That's an awful lot of guys using inserts! I've never owned an Odyssey, but they do roll well and have good feel. Seem forgiving as well.

Do course conditions ever push a tour guy into a different putter? I don't follow WITB as closely as others so I have no idea if these guys have been using the same putters or if they recently switched. That's an awful lot of guys using inserts! I've never owned an Odyssey, but they do roll well and have good feel. Seem forgiving as well.

Tiger switched the Method last year at the British because he thought it would work better on the slower greens.

Tiger switched the Method last year at the British because he thought it would work better on the slower greens.

And he's been the poster child for great putting on the PGA Tour ever since, haha

Back