Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
Okay, I have a stupid question.

When watching the LPGA broadcasts, the cameras often catch players running after finishing a hole. I've always wondered if they are running for a bathroom break between holes, or if they are running for the next tee box because of slow play issues.

I can't ever recall seeing the men running (or even speed-walking), but you see it several times a tournament with the ladies.

Based on my ridiculously narrow personal experience (a couple of years as standard bearer at one tournament), I've never really seen it. No slow play issues, and at the tourney the players' port-a-johns are close enough to the tee boxes that when they play as threesomes, there's time for someone to take a quick break without needing to jog over.

Statistically, I'd imagine players pee more often than they run into slow play issues. So unless there's a real hike from green to tee, I vote for the bathroom option.

Okay. That was my gut feeling as well, but I wondered why the network would keep the camera on them once they realized that the player was running for the porto-potty.

And as an aside, I really hope they have "player only" porto-potties, because the public ones are just barely survivable by men - and we've got it easier.

Remember a few years ago when Michael Campbell won the Open. He was talking about doing some eye exercises every few holes in the port-o-potties. I remember him saying that they would let him cut the line to get back on the course. So, not sure there are separate options, although little different maybe for the women versus the men??

Although Harry, I have to say that I have never really noticed the women running off the course. I will have to watch for it this weekend.

There are player only port-a-potties. Near the tee boxes.

Maybe it's to boost the ratings.Like girls on tampolines on the "Man Show"

Forgot all about the Man Show. Ahhh yes, the trampoline girls. What a wonderful show.

Oh, this thread had such potential to stay nice and informative. It made it a whole day...I was proud!

Although Harry, I have to say that I have never really noticed the women running off the course. I will have to watch for it this weekend.

I didn't notice it at all this time. Maybe it's more in thee summer when the players have to hydrate more often. But I've definitely seen Creamer, Pressel, and other players do it.

Then of course there is Ian Poulter.

poulter_252339g.jpg

Kuh-lassssy.

Back