Daydreaming about the new Cleveland Line!

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score
Since I work at a golf course that sells Cleveland brands, I was lucky enough to get a brochure full of information about the new release Cleveland clubs.

I hit the fairway woods at the THP demo day in West Palm Beach and went nuts over them. I never tried the Mashie but have read enough to know they are equally good.

So today, I've been browsing through all their information and have come up with a proposed bag setup for 2011. I plan to go through a fitting in March (if I can wait that long) when they are having a demo day where I take lessons.

Here are my choices:

Drivers:
TL310 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 Miyazaki shaft 59 R,S,X
SL290 9, 10.5, 12 Miyazaki shaft 43 A,R,S,X
XL270 & Draw 9, 10.5, 12 Miyazaki shaft 39 A,R,S

Fairway Woods:
3W - 13*, 15*, 17*
5W - 19*
7W - 22*
Miyazaki shaft 43 A,R,S,X

Mashie:
M1 15.5*
M2 18*
M3 20.5*
M4 23*
M5 26*
Miyazaki shaft 59 Series Hybrid A,R,S,X

Here's what I want to put in my bag!
Cleveland Driver TBD after fitting
3 W - 17* (unless I can hit the 15* well)
7 W - 22*
M5 Mashie - 26*

These will stay in my bag:
G15's
6 = 29*
7 = 32*
8 = 36*
9 = 40*
PW = 45*
UW = 50*
SW = 54*
LW = 58*
Cleveland CG15 Zip 60* (new to bag this week - may give to my son but I'm liking it)

I tell you, I never realized how important a quality shaft was to a golf club until demo day. I'm so glad I went!

I'm open to opinions here. I do tend to hit my fairway woods better than hybrids so that's why I'm choosing them over the hybrids. I may change my mind after trying them all though!

I know that I'm asking for the mashie 15.5 and 20.5 for my birthday, lol. Have fun making your choices.

Since I work at a golf course that sells Cleveland brands, I was lucky enough to get a brochure full of information about the new release Cleveland clubs.

I hit the fairway woods at the THP demo day in West Palm Beach and went nuts over them. I never tried the Mashie but have read enough to know they are equally good.

So today, I've been browsing through all their information and have come up with a proposed bag setup for 2011. I plan to go through a fitting in March (if I can wait that long) when they are having a demo day where I take lessons.

Here are my choices:

Drivers:
TL310 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 Miyazaki shaft 59 R,S,X
SL290 9, 10.5, 12 Miyazaki shaft 43 A,R,S,X
XL270 & Draw 9, 10.5, 12 Miyazaki shaft 39 A,R,S

Fairway Woods:
3W - 13*, 15*, 17*
5W - 19*
7W - 22*
Miyazaki shaft 43 A,R,S,X

Mashie:
M1 15.5*
M2 18*
M3 20.5*
M4 23*
M5 26*
Miyazaki shaft 59 Series Hybrid A,R,S,X

Here's what I want to put in my bag!
Cleveland Driver TBD after fitting
3 W - 17* (unless I can hit the 15* well)
7 W - 22*
M5 Mashie - 26*

These will stay in my bag:
G15's
6 = 29*
7 = 32*
8 = 36*
9 = 40*
PW = 45*
UW = 50*
SW = 54*
LW = 58*
Cleveland CG15 Zip 60* (new to bag this week - may give to ole gray but I'm liking it)

I tell you, I never realized how important a quality shaft was to a golf club until demo day. I'm so glad I went!

I'm open to opinions here. I do tend to hit my fairway woods better than hybrids so that's why I'm choosing them over the hybrids. I may change my mind after trying them all though!

FIFY :D

Ole gray would have to bring them to a custom shop and tell them to make the Cleveland "C" stand for Cobra. :act-up:

My first post so excuse any mistakes but it sounds like a lot of choices ahead of you, also been waiting to try the Mashie 18* as need to trade-out the '09 Burner hybrid 19* it has a bad case of the left's.

My first post so excuse any mistakes but it sounds like a lot of choices ahead of you, also been waiting to try the Mashie 18* as need to trade-out the '09 Burner hybrid 19* it has a bad case of the left's.

No mistakes here, your in good company at THP. Welcome to the site!

Ole gray would have to bring them to a custom shop and tell them to make the Cleveland "C" stand for Cobra. :act-up:

Man you got my number huh :D... I am kind of leaning really strong towards adding some Cleveland stuff to my bag for 2011. No doubt about it, I am adding the new driver with the great Miyazaki shaft. I will be trying some of KellyBo's mashies and then confiscate them if need be :thumb:. I would also love to have a couple or three CG15 wedges in my stall, as they may be a rare item before long.

thanks for the welcome, iv'e been reading the thread on the cleveland demo reviews and alot of good info here and hope to use it in updating my bag this spring. I can't help but notice a lot of talk about shaft selection, up to this point i haven't but much thought into it but now starting to see that i need to do my homework on that.

I have been dreaming of their new irons and hybrids since I saw the reviews from the outing. Exciting line for sure

hmmm 15.5* that maybe the 3 wood replacement I'm looking for...

I was standing next to you and MaryC at the demo, you 2 were crushing that fairway wood. I thought you 2 were going to have a contest over who was going to add it to the bag first haha. I know I was hitting the XL270 with that 39 gram shaft. That thing felt great to me, but I don't expect to change out the supertri for a while.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to give that Mashie a try before making that final decision for the fairway woods. It's gonna have to be something else to beat out how much I liked the 5W though.

hmmm 15.5* that maybe the 3 wood replacement I'm looking for...

Sounds great KellyBo. You would have a heck of a bag.

Does anyone know the approximate release date on any of these? JB?

Our rep told me February 2011

Sounds great KellyBo. You would have a heck of a bag.

Does anyone know the approximate release date on any of these? JB?

Sounds like a great bag KellyBo, you must be pretty excited!

Neither can it for me! I have a nice driver but really want a better shaft in it. I tried the Project X all weekend at the THP outing and absolutely loved it. However, a new quality shaft in my R9 would cost me close to what the new Cleveland driver will (employee discount) with a nice Miyasaki shaft already installed. It's a no brainer. I will have some clubs up for sale soon!

can't come soon enough for me,

Those new Cleveland drivers sound amazing and it appears you have them in sight, we out here will have to wait a while to get a look at them close up. The shaft options really have me also looking at replacing my R9 for one.

Neither can it for me! I have a nice driver but really want a better shaft in it. I tried the Project X all weekend at the THP outing and absolutely loved it. However, a new quality shaft in my R9 would cost me close to what the new Cleveland driver will (employee discount) with a nice Miyasaki shaft already installed. It's a no brainer. I will have some clubs up for sale soon!

Back