The Bryson Dechambeau Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a terrible explanation. I'm confused.
You and me both...how bout in layman's terms there genius, we're not all physics majors, lol!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You and me both...how bout in layman's terms there genius, lol!

I ***THINK*** that he's saying that to have the same amount of force at impact, he'd have to add 10-11g of weight to the clubhead for each 1" of length he took off the shaft.

So in order to have the same amount of force at impact without altering his swing he kept the shafts at the same length, so he'd have consistent swing speed?

I know we've got some science people on here that might be able to explain.....

That's one bright kid there. Great to see him moving forward with his career.

Seems like golf's version of a hipster, glad he found something that works for him, but hopeful that we don't start seeing guys with man-bun haircuts trying too hard to be different

The single length clubs intrigues me.
Ever grab an infrequently hit long iron and chunk it?
Do you think it's due to muscle memory and swinging the shorter irons (7-wedges) more often?
Would it make the game easier for the amateur golfer that doesn't practice a lot or play a lot of rounds?

Do you think it's due to muscle memory and swinging the shorter irons (7-wedges) more often?
Would it make the game easier for the amateur golfer that doesn't practice a lot or play a lot of rounds?

That's something I hadn't even thought of. There maybe something in that. I'm curious, not curious enough to go play with it to find out though....

Seems like golf's version of a hipster, glad he found something that works for him, but hopeful that we don't start seeing guys with man-bun haircuts trying too hard to be different
I like the Payne Stewart hat and I'd take his "different" over the Grizzly Adams and high tops and baseball pants looks.

I like the Payne Stewart hat and I'd take his "different" over the Grizzly Adams and high tops and baseball pants looks.

I'm with you there, I was only referring to the clubs

I like the kid. He's quirky, the single length thing is meh, but he's got his own way and I dig that.

I like the kid. He's quirky, the single length thing is meh, but he's got his own way and I dig that.

That's my take. The ultimate in "play what you want/what works for you"

The lie angle on those irons is crazy though.

I heard a short comment on GC, where one of them said he doesn't have numbers on his irons. How would you pick the right one, just by looking at the loft? That's a hell of an eye if he does it that way.

No quirkiness allowed!! #homogenousrules

I heard a short comment on GC, where one of them said he doesn't have numbers on his irons. How would you pick the right one, just by looking at the loft? That's a hell of an eye if he does it that way.

The Hogan Irons are the same thing. Only lofts no numbers

Looks like he's got them all stamped with "quirky" names like "Gamma", "Keiser", "Jimmy", "Ward", "King" to name a few.

Looks like he's got them all stamped with "quirky" names like "Gamma", "Keiser", "Jimmy", "Ward", "King" to name a few.
He's now officially quirky. More power to him.

New poll:
If you were to name your irons a la BD, what would you name them?

I like that idea. The number is meaningless any more, lofts vary between mfrs, and model series (not jacked up lofts, I just mean different) I'd just as soon stamp my clubs with the average yardage, it would be more meaningful to me than a "7" Of course, you'd have to stamp clubs per person, but names could be fun.

New poll:
Chunk, slice, fat, pull, push, fade, hook, thin :)

Chunk, slice, fat, pull, push, fade, hook, thin :)

And the putter would be named "J-u-u-u-s-t a little short."

I understand his physics arguments. The amount of force per iron is different, apparently. I wonder what measurement he used for force, ball speed?

Either the swing weights or the club weights have to be all over the board in his irons.

Also, something about his personality rubs me the wrong way. I can't put my finger on it...

Personally I don't really chunk any one club more than another except when I am trying to trying to get really steep.

I don't think this will help someone who doesn't practice. The gaps would be so screwed up just putting in a single length iron into a standard club. The lie angles need to be tweaked along with spin, launch angle, max height, kick points and swing weight. You would probably need an entire day on a launch monitor and a custom club maker to even get close to the correct gaps and even then if you don't have a decent swing speed it still won't work. Anyone willing to put that much time and money into making a set like this work would probably be better spent taking lessons and going to the range.

I understand his physics arguments. The amount of force per iron is different, apparently. I wonder what measurement he used for force, ball speed?

Either the swing weights or the club weights have to be all over the board in his irons.

Also, something about his personality rubs me the wrong way. I can't put my finger on it...
Was never much of a fan and after his event in Dubai or which ever one it was where I think Sullivan hit his ball into a bush. He just stood there in the middle of the fairway for all 5 minutes watching Sullivan and his caddie, the other player and there caddie along with spotters and a few fans with out even walking 40 yards to see if Andy wanted the help to look. He used some excuse like he thought he was in the water yet he sat there and watched people search everywhere but the water should make it obvious the ball didn't go in the water.
/rant

New poll:

Lando, Captain Solo, Starkiller, Anakin, Luke, etc.

On constant length irons the swing weight, lie, and MOI are typically matched as well. Each club in the set swings exactly the same as the others if done correctly. It's VERY hard to convert standard irons to single length, but not too difficult if you build them with a set of heads made to be single length. Check out the pinhawk SL if you want to see the difference in specs in an iron set that is actually manufactured to be a single length. Tom Wishon has a set out now as well that look to give more custom fitters the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back