Worst day ever!!!

907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Well as you can tell by the title of the thread, today (2/19/09) has officially been the WORST day of my life. Now I'm not gunna go into specifics as I don't feel comfortable divulging my personal life across the internet, but i will say general things.

Let's see...

• I'm so sick its unbelieveable
  • I got my haircut but the lady was digging the blades into my head. I think I have minor cuts on my scalp.
  • I have lost about 10 pounds in the last week, because I'm sick
  • I'm having TERRIBLE girl troubles right now
  • I was gunna play goalie at hockey practice tonight but the rink was sh*t
  • I found out my cousin is going to Iraq soon
  • I was gunna hang out with my best friend today but his parents flipped and we couldn't chill

The girl trouble has been the worst thing for me, but again I'm not gunna go into it.

But I will warn you that I'm going to have a lot of posts after tonight, the posting is helping me take my mind of things. Oh and also, some of the threads may be kind of old.

That's about it, but I feel a little better after posting this...

Hang in there and keep a positive attitude. Things will get better.

We can create a 907's love life thread for you if you want. :tongue:

Sorry to hear about your bad day.

About your Cousin. If you want to chat send me a PM. I'm going through that right now with my brother.

your cousin going into a war zone should be at the top of your list. the rest is pretty normal for your age.

I dont think someone cutting your scalp is normal during a haircut.

I know women are hard to come by in Alaska (*stereotype joke) but don't put up with that baloney, you're still young. Fork, neck, curb.

The other stuff: it'll pass or grow back in a few days.

Your cousin going to Iraq - I know it's hard, and scary, but he'll be OK. Don't miss any opportunity to spend time with him before he goes, and make sure you tell him how much you'll miss him. Write him letters and email while he's gone, and send him lots of cookies (Oreos are hard to come by over there, I'm told) as well as his favorite magazines.

My worst day when I was in high school was when my truck was stolen. They blew up the engine, stole my stereo, all my tools, the A/C system.

My worst days in High School...yikes. You can't let the opposite sex have power over you. There are bigger fish to beat up.

(I still don't know what fork neck curb means, is it meant to sound so graphic?)

My worst days in High School...yikes. You can't let the opposite sex have power over you. There are bigger fish to beat up.

(I still don't know what fork neck curb means, is it meant to sound so graphic?)

I think it's referring to getting rid of the girl.

In short, it means to be very direct about telling her to get lost.

Stick a fork in her neck, and kick her to the curb.

I'm not sure where it originated, but it's been flying around internet forums for several years that I know of. Here's a search result so you can see it used in context: http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q="fork+neck+curb"+

In short, it means to be very direct about telling her to get lost.

Stick a fork in her neck, and kick her to the curb.

I'm not sure where it originated, but it's been flying around internet forums for several years that I know of. Here's a search result so you can see it used in context: http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&safe=off&q="fork+neck+curb"+

So it is graphic...why do you need to stick a fork in her neck? So crude. I was hoping it was fork in the road, curb of the road...couldn't figure out neck...

It's usually used in context with having been done wrong; so it's spiteful, hateful, and graphic. The whole 'an eye for an eye' mentality.

It's usually used in context with having been done wrong; so it's spiteful, hateful, and graphic. The whole 'an eye for an eye' mentality.

I suppose...around here I've heard it said about Rachel and everyone, that's not right. But I digress.

This is why I like this site so much, everyone here helps others when they need it.

Thanks all for the advice. About the girl trouble thing, its really confusing, and I don't know what to do right now. Concerning my cousin, the last time I saw him was 4 or 5 years ago when he was stationed in Fairbanks (6 hours north of me, right now he's stationed in Georgia. My mom and I plan on e-mailing him, and such, but it doesn't seem like enough for me, he has done so much for me.

Like during the year he was stationed in Fairbanks, we got to see him because every year Fairbanks hosts a big soccer tournament. He and his wife spent their whole lunch watching my game, I was insisting they come, but I didn't know they would skip lunch, but they did anyways. Well near the end of the first half I was going up to win a ball near mid field, and so was someone from the other team, now I'm very small for my age, so the other kid was taller then me. Well e ended up hitting heads in mid air and we both cracked our head open. After doctors at the field covered the hole wound my cousin took me to the emergency room, it was going to take 4 hours to get in, my cousin was going to wait the whole time with me. He ended up taking me to a local clinic to get my head fixed. Obviously my head was hurting, but when the bleeding stopped he took me into the bathroom to clean the blood off my face. He knew I was in a lot of pain, but to help me cheer up he was telling jokes and keeping my mind off the pain.

I know that was long but I wanted to better explain why it didn't help my day.

I suppose...around here I've heard it said about Rachel and everyone, that's not right. But I digress.

Well, we guys have a way of bluntly putting things Julie, but usually we are better at giving advice than taking it....

907, most of that stuff will pass in time, but make the effort with the Cousin as that is what seems most important to me.

907, most of that stuff will pass in time, but make the effort with the Cousin as that is what seems most important to me.

I'll agree I talk to my brother every day via AIM. Iraq is 8 hours ahead of me (eastern standard) so when I'm at work he's off so I get a chance to talk to him after he's already worked or done his training or what ever. Hopefully you'll get that same chance. The way I understand it, the guys/gals over there don't care how you get to talk to them just as long as you get to talk to them.

I'd agree with what a lot of the others have said so far. The sickness & girl troubles are pretty standard. They'll pass and you'll move on, things will improve.

As for the barber/stylist trying to carve her initials in your scalp, sounds like it's time to find a new one. I'm sure most would agree that finding a good one that you can trust is a challenge. Hell, I'm marrying mine :D

With your cousin, I can't even imagine what you're going through. I hope that all goes well for him during the deployment and he comes back safe and sound, both mentally and physically.

I dont think someone cutting your scalp is normal during a haircut.

My mom used to make me go to this barber who would always nick me when I was a kid. it was usually always my ear though. He would also smoke the whole time and blow the smoke through his clippers.

Well as you can tell by the title of the thread, today (2/19/09) has officially been the WORST day of my life. Now I'm not gunna go into specifics as I don't feel comfortable divulging my personal life across the internet, but i will say general things.

Let's see...

• I'm so sick its unbelieveable
  • I got my haircut but the lady was digging the blades into my head. I think I have minor cuts on my scalp.
  • I have lost about 10 pounds in the last week, because I'm sick
  • I'm having TERRIBLE girl troubles right now
  • I was gunna play goalie at hockey practice tonight but the rink was sh*t
  • I found out my cousin is going to Iraq soon
  • I was gunna hang out with my best friend today but his parents flipped and we couldn't chill

The girl trouble has been the worst thing for me, but again I'm not gunna go into it.

But I will warn you that I'm going to have a lot of posts after tonight, the posting is helping me take my mind of things. Oh and also, some of the threads may be kind of old.

That's about it, but I feel a little better after posting this...

Just thought I'd update you all on my problems.

• I'm no longer sick, I knew that would blow over, but it still made that day worse.
  • My head doesn't hurt quite as much, so I think the cuts are healing
  • I actually ended up losing 20 pounds, but I've already almost gained it all back. I've been eating everything lately.
  • The girl troubles, well I ended them with the girl, and I'm feeling much better. Moving on to the rest of the fish in the sea :D
  • We're starting to lose the outdoor ice. Good and bad. Good because it's getting closer to golfing. Bad because now I have to pay to skate indoors.
  • My cousin left, all is well so far, and we have his email so I can talk to him.
  • Me and my best friend spent all of last weekend together, and probably will this weekend too.

So that's it. Life is good right now, and I leave to Arizona in 6 days! :banana:

I am so glad to see that things have turned around for you 907. I hope you have a blast in Arizona, I have never been there but I heard its a great time....your cousin will be in our prayers, we hope for a speedy and safe return home for him.

Good to hear it is getting better. I am having problems myself lately.

I'm really sick
My parents don't want to see anymore golf clubs coming in the mail
I am failing math
I got fired from my job
My Orlando trip was going to be cancelled
I have no money
I just had to replace a $100 bracelet

This thread is about your problems though, but it's good that everything straightens out, In tough times it's always good to think that it will all blow over.

Good to hear it is getting better. I am having problems myself lately.

I'm really sick
My parents don't want to see anymore golf clubs coming in the mail
I am failing math
I got fired from my job
My Orlando trip was going to be cancelled
I have no money
I just had to replace a $100 bracelet

This thread is about your problems though, but it's good that everything straightens out, In tough times it's always good to think that it will all blow over.

The no money part should appease your parents on the golf club thing.

I retract both of those statements, I just sold that 52* wedge, so I have money, and a club will be going out and not coming in. :D

anytime something really bad happens to me (and I won't lie it happens a lot) I just keep saying that everything happens for a reason. It made be a load of crap but it makes me feel better.

Back