TaylorMade Burner Golf Ball Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Taylormade’s slogan for the Burner ball is ‘command the tee box.’ How do they intend for you to do this? By offering a ball that can achieve maximum distance but with a soft feel. A high launch angle throughout all the clubs in your bag should increase your distance alone. Essentially, Taylormade is banking on the old adage of ‘high launch equals more distance.’ You may not experience long distances that you’re used to seeing with your typical two piece rock but the Burner offers a nice package of feel and distance that achieves some interesting results.

To read more...

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=11185

Great Review!

I really liked this ball. Was surprised at how well it performed in all phases of the game. Solid mid-level ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been really curious about this one. I'll probably try to pick up a dozen after reading your review. Solid review, T!

Thanks Todd! I have been looking forward to this...the price is just too good not to try

Exactly my thoughts too OneT. I could easily play this ball tomorrow if I had to. Great 'bang for the buck' factor
Thanks Todd! I have been looking forward to this...the price is just too good not to try

Exactly my thoughts too OneT. I could easily play this ball tomorrow if I had to. Great 'bang for the buck' factor

yeah, until I get my driver dialed in, I will play a cheaper ball. Its hard to throw a $4 golf ball in the woods

twas a great review hanks. i don't believe i hit this particular version whilst in florida (i think i hit the tour version) and liked it quite well.

yeah, until I get my driver dialed in, I will play a cheaper ball. Its hard to throw a $4 golf ball in the woods
unless you go the used ball route.....if not these balls are hard to beat.

twas a great review hanks. i don't believe i hit this particular version whilst in florida (i think i hit the tour version) and liked it quite well.
I hit some of the Tour version balls as well and there is a definite difference in feel and greenside control but the distance was comparable.

Thanks for the review!

Nice review Hanks! Are the specs the same for the tours? Which one would you play if you had the choice?

I'd play the tours. As good as the Burners felt, the Tours were better
Nice review Hanks! Are the specs the same for the tours? Which one would you play if you had the choice?

Actually both felt relatively the same but the insert on my putter makes most balls feel the same to me anyway.
Nice review!!

Which one felt better off of the putter?

Nice review Hanks! How would you say it compares to the other balls around that price point? The e6 comes to mind....

e6 has a softer cover but beyond that I think they're almost exactly the same
Nice review Hanks! How would you say it compares to the other balls around that price point? The e6 comes to mind....

I really hope I didn't completly overlook it, but were you able to play last years model and the new one side by side?

I did not but from having hit last year's model, the new one is 10x better in terms of feel, playability, etc
I really hope I didn't completly overlook it, but were you able to play last years model and the new one side by side?

I did not but from having hit last year's model, the new one is 10x better in terms of feel, playability, etc

+1 I have both currently and I'm liking this year's version better.

That's good to hear. I wasn't a big fan of last year's model.

I know this isnt about the tour, but how does it feel off of the putter? I know hanks has an insert in his putter and most of them feel the same so someone that has tried the tours how do they feel?

I know this isnt about the tour, but how does it feel off of the putter? I know hanks has an insert in his putter and most of them feel the same so someone that has tried the tours how do they feel?

I putt with either my SeeMore or my Yes (no inserts) so they feel good. Can't really explain it but my best explanation is it putts heavy but controllable. Hope that helps.

Putted with this ball a but last night. Still like this ball a bit

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Back