Want to Test a Cleveland Mashie?

I would like to be considered - I am a fairly new member located in Ca. and not currently testing any other products. I play twice a week and also practice.

1. What is your handicap? 2
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Do not currently carry a hybrid and have been looking for a 3-wood replacement that is long and works well off the turf.
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? Awesome review, great looks, great shaft. Would look forward to providing my honest and regular feedback and also provide comparison feedback to other fairway woods that I own and have tried, as well as, other hybrids I have tried such as the R9TP. Wish I could attend the THP outing which is a testers paradise, but this is the next best thing.

My handicap is sitting at 3.0

My current hybrid is a Callaway Heavenwood 3H at 20*

I have been struggling with the long irons this year and am considering taking the 4I (my longest iron) out and replacing it with a 4H - so, I would love the chance to demo the Cleveland Mashie.

Wish I could attend the THP outing which is a testers paradise, but this is the next best thing.

Ed,
You can. We have another one coming up in May.

That's the one I want to test out! Goodbye 3W, hello Mashie? One can dream!

Exactly my thoughts. I'm much more confident with a hybrid in my hands than a 3 Wood, but until I tried the mashie (4hybrid version) at the outing, I never found one I would consider replacing the 3 Wood with before.

Haha, this is so cool. 7 pages in 4 hours. The Taylormade Blind Balls don't count as being tested right now because they were revealed. Right?

If so, I am left handed.
1. Handicap is a little below bogey golf so probably about 15.
2. I currently use the adams a7os.
3.When I tested it my adams, there were only a few left handed hybrids at the store and I hit this one the best. I would love to try out a different one, and this is probably the best, based on the looks and, of cours, the performance. I have heard nothing but good reviews from the great people at THP. I am a junior and am improving my game quite a bit. I know that I'm new, but I plan on using THP for a while.

you just asked if a crack addict wants a hit.

1. What is your handicap? 12.3
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? I currently play a 16* TM Rescue Dual
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? Oh let me count the ways. I discovered the joys of a hybrid about 5 years ago. I noticed that I could not hit my FW of the turf, so my father recommended that I switch to a hybrid. I loved it. I feel that I hit my current hybrid well and have heard sooo many great things about the Mashie that I would love to play it against a hybrid that I really like to compare. I have never been a club ho (I have never owned a new golf club), but since joining THP my eyes have been opened to the world around me, and at the forefront of this wonderful world of golf is this club that has earned raved reviews from the THP forum members. I think this is a fantastically unique opportunity and I would love, love, love to be selected to review this club for THP.

THP deserves so much praise and recognition for what it is doing for the golf community. Thank you for providing opportunities such as this and a big thank you to Cleveland, who is putting out some truly fantastic products right now.

Haha, this is so cool. 7 pages in 4 hours. The Taylormade Blind Balls don't count as being tested right now because they were revealed. Right?

That testing is complete as well.

Ok, thanks a lot.

Wow, THP is so cool.

1. What is your handicap? 14.5
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? I currently use TM Rescue 19 and 25 degree hybrids
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I was at the fall outing, but did not get to try the Mashie, so many things there I didn't notice it. This is the next major thing I need to test for my bag. I love my Rescues, but they are outdated and its time to see what's out there better, if anything is better.

Throw my hat in the ring as well

1. 15 HCP
2. Adams PNT2
3. Its new and the review THP posted makes it sound like the new hotness.

1. What is your handicap? 3.5
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? TM Rescue TP 17*
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I've heard good things about the Mashie and I am very interested in how it handles a variety of lies - firm, wet, fairway, rough, etc. I am also interested in the ball-flight - I would like to see if it is a higher trajectory than hybrids I've tested out previously. I am also curious to see if the offset head has any affect on workability.

I have access to year-round golf in the Bay Area. I play at least once a week, and have access to a grass range and artificial mat range. I also have access to an indoor Trackman launch monitor for some objective data collection.

1. ~25. I don't have an official handicap.
2. Right now I have 2 Adams Pro Gold hybrids (23 & 26) and a Wilson Fybrid (19.5). Until very recently I had 2 or more Nike Sumo2 hybrids in the bag (17, 20, 23).
3. 2 reasons. 1, I want to try a Miyazaki shaft bad. 2, I have always been a closet Cleveland equipment fan. This hybrid seems to take the DST, which I really liked, to the next level.

I live in Phoenix and play golf all through the winter.

1. What is your handicap? - 7.7 Index
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? - I don't have 1 at the current time
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? - I have tried a few hybrids and I have never found one that I really liked and had confidence in so I would like to try the Mashie and hopefully love it.

I play 4 to 5 days a week all year long.

Wow! I can't believe how many great opportunities there are being a member of this forum. Here's my info:

1. What is your handicap? It's currently at about an 18
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? I'm currently using a Diablo Edge 3 and 4 hybrid
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? From reading all of the reviews that the guys from the outing had, how can you not be excited at this club? I love the retro look and I live in the perfect location for testing during these winter months (Hawaii). I usually get to play once a week and I can provide feedback asap.

Wow! I can't believe how many great opportunities there are being an ACTIVE member of this forum. Here's my info:

FIFY..

Hmm... gonna have to get my post count up.

This would be great - I am really interested in the club since finding the right hybrid will completely change my performance on my club's par 3s and on my approach shots.
1. What is your handicap? 26.5 and dropping

2. What is your current hybrid of choice? TM Burner High Launch

3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? To improve on my accuracy and possibly gain distance. A trusted 3 hybrid would really make a difference in my performance in tournaments as that is roughly the right club for two very hard par 3's. I also do not not trust my current 3 hybrid and rely on my 4 hybrid for my typical 2nd shot on a par 5. If I could instead start relying on a 3H, I would become one iron closer on my approach shot! Finally, I can play golf through the winter here in NM and would love a chance to try-out a club that has piqued my interest over the last month.

This is a great opportunity to try out a club that I will be buying anyway

1. What is your handicap? 18.7
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? I courrently a taylormade burner steel 4 hybrid and sometimes use a cleveland hi-bore xls 1 hybrid.
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I would like to try out Mashie because I have became an equipment junkie and love to try out new clubs. I have been researching and reading everything I could about the new hybrids coming out. I am convinced that I will be buying one Mashie and the Mashie is on my Xmas list even though they are not released yet. I will be traveling to Florida for the holidays to try out my new 56 niblick and from there going to Arizona to play golf in January. The combination of the Mashie with the Miyazaki shaft is exciting.

You I am so jealous of you guys that will get to test out what appears to be a phenominial stick. I won't be able to test as the chances of playing here in Colorado can be dicey at best.

Handicap:12
Current Hybrid: Don't have one and just sold my 3&5 wood to make room for some mashies.
I have heard great things about the mashie on this site. Love the look and the cool headcover. I would love to be able to do something worth while during the offseason and reviewing the mashie fits the bill. I'm in michigan but do go to the indoor/outdoor range with trackman and simulator at least twice a week. Gotta stay in shape ya know. Love the fact that this comes with a Miyazaki shaft. If I'm selected my wife would only have to buy me 1 mashie for my birthday now:)
Thanks,
Mark

I'm jumping in with my fingers and toes crossed!

My current handicap: 12.2
Current hybrid of choice: Adams idea 3h and 4h
Why do I want to try out the Mashie? After reading the reviews from the THP demo day I have been dying to hit one. I am getting new irons in the spring and want to try out some different hybrids to see what fits my game. I have heated ranges, indoor golf dome and simulators in the area so I hit all winter long. I would love to try the Mashie and report back on a continuous basis as to my evaluation of the club and my progress during the test period. I believe this is the most important aspect of testing a product.

Last edited:
WOW 120 responses in 6 hours, and alot of those responding are newer people (less than 20 total posts) or people who I have not seen much on here. Nice to see more people posting and getting involved in the site.

When will the lucky 6 be announced JB?

Well what the heck right? :D

1. What is your handicap? 24.5 OOB
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Cleveland Launcher '09 3h 20.5* with Project X 6.0
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? I tried out this lovely club during THP demo day and like most fell in love with it when I started hitting it on the range. I'm hoping that it wasn't a honeymoon period and I also want to try to do long term testing with this especially on the course since we were not able to do so during the outing. Even though we have had a cold snap as of late I have the ability to follow the requirements weather wise living in Florida and play/test once a week. I am also not averse to testing during a monsoon (as Osahar and Calebt17 can attest to). I want to give the general public more information on this club and its shaft properties so they can make a more informed decision when this and other clubs are released further down the line.

Thanks to Cleveland Golf and THP for this wonderful opportunity!

I'm excited about this! I wanted to hit one of these either way, but this is even better! Just one question. Is this a product that you get to keep after the testing is complete? I'll be applying either way though.

LH Club

1. What is your handicap? Somewhere around 30. No actual handicap though
2. What is your current hybrid of choice? Ping G10. When the club is dropped on this thing it just feels great!
3. Why do you want to try out the Mashie? Because of all the great things people said about it from the outing. I like the oldschool look and really really like the Miyazaki shaft. I've been looking for a new hybrid because I prefer them over a normal fairway wood and my only hybrid is a 15* (like a 1 Hybrid I think).

Thanks THP and Cleveland for offering this AMAZING testing!

Back