Golf This Weekend?

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
Wanted to see how much golf was being played by all on this long holiday weekend.

I love my wife to death, but I cannot wait for her to leave town for a few days this weekend, this allows me to do the following:

Fri-Golf 18 at club

Sat-Golf 18 at club, first round of Memorial Day Tourney

Sun-Golf 18 at club, 2nd round of Memorial Day Tourney (if I suck bad enough I'll go out late in the day and play too

Mon: AM round with buddy at club, PM round with some guys I met who run SWOGA (South West Ohio Golfaholics Anonymous), I believe a fellow THPer Miller821 from up in Dayton will be joining us for this event.

This is obviously all weather permitting...how bout u?

Hoping to get at least one round in myself all being well. My lad has his first lesson on Sunday so I will get the chance to hit some balls at the range

Being retired I play or practice most days Monday thru Friday and usually just hit the driving range on Saturday. I hardly ever go to the course on Sunday. The holiday won't change anything for me.

Heading to my parents lakehouse for Memorial Day but taking my clubs and will sneak away for 18 at the closest course.

Playing Orchard Hills Country Club in Bryan Ohio. My boss is a member there. He got a little upset a few weeks ago when I told him I was a better golfer than he was. Not that I'm that great but I'm better than him... LOL Well, he took it to heart. So, my manager, assistant manager and I are going to play my manager's home course. It's free guest day there with a member, so we are betting what the normal fee will be. I definitely plan on taking their money! Should be pretty easy if i don't lose my head. "IF" I don't lose it... HA HA. If I lose oh well, it's playing a course i can't normally get on is what it's all about. Taking their money is just going to be a bonus!!

Plus, I will be playing everyday at least 18. Maybe 36. Need to get use to my clubs before June 11!

Everyday after work I go hit balls. I'm going to start a new practice routine starting this week where I spend 90% of my time on chipping and putting, and 10% full swing. Hard thing to do, but I know I can do it.

Back on subject.

Saturday: 18 at club
Sunday: Maybe a best shot at the club
Monday: Probably going down to University of Iowa's home course to play 18.

It's too nice not to be golfing!

My course is usually closed on Monday's, so really the only major change for me will be a Monday round haha..

Should be ranging it Thursday, playing Friday afternoon, Saturday range session and late afternoon 9, Sunday morning round and probably 9 in the PM, and then Monday round..

Yea, not so much. I wish I had that schedule.

Friday - work, then parents will be here.
Saturday - hopefully golf in AM, then have to goto a graduation party, which does not involve golf. Party is 3 hours of driving and an hour of standing around eating cheese cubes.
Sunday - family labor day picnic; again, no golf here. Hopefully can get out later sunday afternoon.
Monday - finally, a free day to do whatever I want. Golfing marathon likely to happen.

On top of all that, our only 'premier' course in the area is having a 160 person tournament Friday and Saturday, which means I will be left only with the option of local munis.

*sigh*

Playing Orchard Hills Country Club in Bryan Ohio. My boss is a member there. He got a little upset a few weeks ago when I told him I was a better golfer than he was. Not that I'm that great but I'm better than him... LOL Well, he took it to heart. So, my manager, assistant manager and I are going to play my manager's home course. It's free guest day there with a member, so we are betting what the normal fee will be. I definitely plan on taking their money! Should be pretty easy if i don't lose my head. "IF" I don't lose it... HA HA. If I lose oh well, it's playing a course i can't normally get on is what it's all about. Taking their money is just going to be a bonus!!

Plus, I will be playing everyday at least 18. Maybe 36. Need to get use to my clubs before June 11!

no doubt, I havent played 36 in awhile, so Im hoping Monday will help me get used to it. MY work scheudle is crazy the first week of the month, so Im hoping after this weekend to get 1-2 rounds in before the big event!!

work fri, hopefully get a round in sat n mon!!! gotta put the driver to the test!!

I hope to get a round or six in by the end of Sunday. Weather permitting. Taking a day or two off after playing 83 holes in three days. I'm a tad stiff today. Not bad though.

Kevin

Saturday- Harbour Town
Sunday- Boats & Jetski @ Lake Sinclair
Monday-maybe spending night Sunday @ Sinclair so might find course close to play.

Gonna try to go out on Saturday with SeeMoreGuy and maybe a few other THP'ers... heck we might just go and play in Grand Cypress, home of the 2012 THP Outing.

Also hoping for some beach time as well. Monday might be the day since the crowds will be thinner then than the weekend.

I'm playing one round, Friday 1130 am Sawgrass with my buds...Can't wait, it will be a fun filled day of betting and diet/burbouns...Then back to Orlando to fish with my brother in Law and celebrate my baby girls 1st birthday. Good weekend!!!!

I hope to get a round or six in by the end of Sunday. Weather permitting. Taking a day or two off after playing 83 holes in three days. I'm a tad stiff today. Not bad though.

Kevin

A round or six. Dang, thats quite the spread. And 83 holes in three days is quite the task as well.

Hoping to play all three days, not sure where. Hopefully the weather cooperates, it is supposed to as of now.

I'm playing one round, Friday 1130 am Sawgrass with my buds...Can't wait, it will be a fun filled day of betting and diet/burbouns...Then back to Orlando to fish with my brother in Law and celebrate my baby girls 1st birthday. Good weekend!!!!

Happy Birthday to your little one..... I will be golfing fri-sun.

You better eat your wheaties, have fun!!

Kevin

Playing 9 with my best friend, in Louisville, for his 50th birthday, then 18 Monday.

Playing 9 with my best friend, in Louisville, for his 50th birthday, then 18 Monday.

U can stop through Cincy on your way home Monday and play 18 at 1:10 with me!!

U can stop through Cincy on your way home Monday and play 18 at 1:10 with me!!

Would love to but we're coming back Sunday and have too much stuff to do, or I would be playing more.

If I play any golf over the holiday weekend, it will be late in the day. I've been playing a long time and I know when to be there and when to stay home. I may have to work Sunday at the course but I'll play late, after most are long gone.

Saturday is the most booked day of the year so far at the course where I work.

well no luck with the Friday 18 today, but hoping everything else goes as plan, have a good (and safe) holiday weekend everyone

At a minimum I am heading to the range to hit some golf balls. I want to play but I with our other plans this weekend I'm not sure that there will be time.

Back