Official EA Tiger Woods 2011 for Wii thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I got the Wii for Xmas as well as TW11. I figured out how to play it online and it's pretty fun. I suck for the most part, but that's not a shocker. I think it would be much more entertaining to play with THP members.

It's very easy to set up if you have a wireless connection and you can play a normal match up to 4 players. If you need assistance or have questions about setting it up, ask away.

This can be the thread for people to get together and play if they want to.

I have the wii and the wireless conneciton Dont have TW11 yet so I am guessing our level would be equal or you better. I would love to try this out, I will go get the game this weekend.

Good idea buddy, I've got Tiger 10 so I'll go out and grab 11 and jump in sometime.

I have Wii but with TW10. I don't play that enough to go out and get the 11 version.

How much is the wireless adapter for the wii?

look i can post like tc from tapatalk

I will just get 11 if everyone else has it then and maybe one of those sticks ddec was reviewing. I shudder to think the controller going through my TV

I'm def getting a Chicken Stick

what is the difference between TW 10 and 11?

Here's what I got from GameSpot:

TW10:
+ Implements an advanced xp system that varies on performance, e.g drive well and your driving ability goes up, drive poorly and it goes down.
- Can't play DL courses in career mode
- Rubber band AI
+ Live weather
- No playoffs with tied leaders in tournament (career mode)

TW11:
- Replaced XP system with standard RPG level up system.
+/- implemented an innovative new feature called True Aim, but was very poorly introduced (GPS lacks yardages to landmarks (ie bunkers) and fly over text yardages are very small. Additionally, it gets very boring watching nothing on the screen (True Aim is in 1st person) since there are a lot of blind shots on all courses.
- Can't play DL courses in career mode
+ Has Ryder cup
+ Presentation mode is enjoyable to watch shots in, I don't seem to fast forward through rounds as much anymore.
+ Seems to have fixed rubber band AI in career mode
+ Live weather now incorporates wind gusts.
- Expert and Advanced clubs are locked which makes the game too easy with beginner clubs with the huge sweetspots.
- All hits with medal woods sound off, might be because I don't have better clubs yet.
+ Focus meter (if you play arcade style with power up shots and spinning the ball in the air.

It's for the 360 but it should be roughly the same.

I would pick up that chicken stick too. It feels weird to play "golf" holding a wiimote where a grip should be.

There ain't no wireless built into mine.

How old is yours?

I dunno how old it is but I've had it since they came out.

There ain't no wireless built into mine.

I have the first generation wii and that was one of the selling points on it. Unless they changed it with newer versions, which I doubt, it should be there.

I dunno how old it is but I've had it since they came out.

Don't know broski. MIne is built in and was easy as hell to set up.

Count me in! I've got me TW11 and a wireless Wii so I'm all set! Minus the chicken stick. I need me one of those!!

Hey Hawk I noticed on pics and ddec's reviews that the motion plus accessory needs to be attached to the wiimote to fit the chicken stick. Some of the newer consoles have the motion plus built in to the remote rather than as an attached accessory. Is yours built in?

Hey Hawk I noticed on pics and ddec's reviews that the motion plus accessory needs to be attached to the wiimote to fit the chicken stick. Some of the newer consoles have the motion plus built in to the remote rather than as an attached accessory. Is yours built in?

It is, but I have a 'hole' for one to fit in as well. Plus, the built in motion plus doesn't seem to register anyway. I may just buy an old remote and a motion plus adaptor since I only have one anyway.

So, really this isn't meant to be some organized thing. I thought we could just have this thread so members could say "i want to play right now" and others could join them. There is a way to play with your buddies. You just need the person's name.

I have '10, was hoping to get '11 for the holidays. Still might, have 1 more round of fam this weekend. I'm pretty sure you can play online with '10 too so for those who have that we can still play each other.

Sounds like fun. Played online for the first time over the weekend, there were guys on there that were 28 under. I couldn't even make par LOL

Back