Your Favorite Place in the World...

DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
What is your favorite place in the world... somewhere where you are just happy?

Mine is The Magic Kingdom... it just reminds me of my childhood and when things were just so innocent and uncomplicated...

Magic%20Kingdom%20castle%20entrance.jpg

Hoover Reservoir here in Ohio. It's my favorite place to go fishing. It's quiet and peaceful. I've spent many hours on those waters fishing and solving all the worlds problems with my good buddy.

There are so many!

I'm very happy outside, I miss the Minnesota wilderness for the few weeks when it's nice.

photo_lg_minnesota.jpg

But then you have the favorite "paradise" vacation spots, like Hawaii.

chinaman_s_hat__oahu__hawaii.jpg

good question.

For me its not necessarily a specific location, it has more to do with the people I'm with. I'm sure its this way with most people but I always feel downright good when I'm with my parents, doesn't matter where. I know I couldn't wait to get away after high school, but now after 5 years in Atlanta and knowing that I'm moving to Connecticut in August for the foreseeable future I just cherish every second I'm with them. Like you with DD with the magic kingdom, it sends me back to childhood without any worries.

On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me if most people's destinations have to do with their childhood. Great memories and no 'grown-up' worries/responsibilities.

On a side note, it wouldn't surprise me if most people's destinations have to do with their childhood. Great memories and no 'grown-up' worries/responsibilities.

Yep, mine does. :smile: It reminds me of when my family was together. Doing things with my father, who's now very old and tired...I get choked up thinking I don't have much time with him.

EDIT: Gosh, I shouldn't have written that!

Im going to have to say any Island on Hawaii. There is nothing better then relaxing on the beach with a big stogie and a guinness. Christmas time is even better. Lake Tahoe takes a close second because like others mentioned, I grew up going there.

The golf course. It is so serene. I can enjoy the scenery, smells, and peacefulness. When playing a round it seems like all of life's problems disappear.

I love Xmas and New Years holidays. I don't get to spend time with the whole family as much as we did when I was a kid and it brings back good memories when my family is together.

My uncles and aunts are all gamblers. We eat, sing karaoke and get drunk while playing Poker and Blackjack all night until 6AM. Then again being drunk does help.

The golf course. It is so serene. I can enjoy the scenery, smells, and peacefulness. When playing a round it seems like all of life's problems disappear.

I feel that way when I am playing really early and jump off the back... it's just me out there and its pretty special

For myself it's Cozumel, a nice solid week of absolutley nothing to do except, eat, sleep, relax, swim, hang out my wife, etc.

For me, definitely the area in northwest WI where I grew up out on the lake in the summer. A good day spent fishing in the morning, water skiing and sipping something frosty on the sandbar all afternoon, and more fishing in the evening is my idea of relaxation.

No childhood association here--the Blue Ridge Mountains and Montpelier, James Madison's home.

For me, its NE Wisconsin. That area and so beautifull and the way of life is so laid back. If I could ever find a job in that area that paid me the same amount of money Im makig now, I could easily pack up everything and move.
My golf season would be 2 months shorter every year, which would suck, but other than that I could be very happy.

Honestly mine is my deck with the grill smoking and a cooler of beer.

Mine also isn't a place specifically, it's a thing, soccer. I am always happy when I'm doing something related to soccer. It could just be kicking the ball around, or it could be practicing with my team. When I play soccer my mind goes blank, my thoughts are about the task at hand. The only time soccer fails for me is if my problem is something big, then I play bad, but 95% of the time it clears my mind of everything.

I think this is because I am in my 13th year of soccer, so it is that childhood (yes I'm only 16, but soccer goes back to my toddler days) comfort for me.

Sitting on the bank of the Marais de Cygne river in Lacygne,Kansas

Back