roguepixel

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody ever pickup a Japanese issue putter? I bought a TM Daytona Ghost about a year ago and absolutely love it. It's totally legit, I had the serial number checked. Haven't seen anything like it here in the states.

View attachment 2669

Close enough for me not to pay the huge shipping fees and overpriced cost for tour issue anything. Whats the difference between JP Issue and these?

EDIT: Now that I checked it, you can get those in Canada at regular stores. Im not sure about down here, but I sold them at my stores in canada.

TM Fontana Ghost
tm10-rghost-03.jpg

TM Daytona Ghost
16090_TaylorMade_Rossa_Daytona_Ghost_Putter.jpg

Japanese market putters tend to be heavier in headweight since they are usually shorter in length. I like my putters heavier so this would be the route I would maybe look at if a putter I was looking for came in left-hand. I know several companies that make specific putters for the Japanese market and design them toward trends for that market.

My JPN Daytona is 34" and it is very easy to line up. Only thing I wish I had now is the Pure Roll insert. Then again, I may just have to get the TM 79 Classic T-880. I rolled this bad boy at a PGA Superstore in Myrtle Beach over the Memorial Day weekend. The Pure Roll insert kicks some major arse!

You might want to check out: http://www.tourspecgolf.com/ They usually carry most of Japanese marketed type clubs but they are also very pricey.

I have a Mizuno MP Craft S103. A forged center shafted mallet from Japan that I use on occasion. Smaller mallet with a heavier head that works great for me.

Interesting post. I've never heard of anyone buying putters like this online, but they look sweet and are legit.
I've bought some shoes like this from a Chinese website once and they are awesome, so I may look into this.
As far as price was it cheaper, more expensive or what?

You can buy those putters at Golftown in Canada, I just assumed you could get them in the US.

Yeah I actually bought it off of a guy on the GolfWrx site. He was in the military, stationed in Japan so he picked it up. Never used it and wanted to get rid of it. I was skeptical but my step-father works for a golf shop and is best buds with the TM rep. So he checked it out for me. I've gamed it ever since. The white paint is starting to show some wear. I wonder if you can have the white putter refinished by TM?

Interesting post. I've never heard of anyone buying putters like this online, but they look sweet and are legit.
I've bought some shoes like this from a Chinese website once and they are awesome, so I may look into this.
As far as price was it cheaper, more expensive or what?

It cost me a pretty penny at the time. The most expensive putter I've purchased....$250.

You can buy those putters at Golftown in Canada, I just assumed you could get them in the US.

So did I CB. I was super suprised when someone in Cali was willing to pay double what I bought it for to get it, didn't know these were Japan/Canada only.

I like the love TM shows to Canada for whatever reason. We get some of a neat Japan stuff as well as things like the Super Launch hybrid before the US. Now if they would only let me get my hands on the Silver SF 2.0 series here I would be extremely happy.

Great putter you've got Roguepixel. I quite enjoyed my time with it. Super easy to align with a nice mid feeling.

Actually tried one of these the other day with the pure roll at GT. It's a cool twist on a mallet style putter. Was unaware that they were not offered in the states.

My JPN Daytona is 34" and it is very easy to line up. Only thing I wish I had now is the Pure Roll insert. Then again, I may just have to get the TM 79 Classic T-880. I rolled this bad boy at a PGA Superstore in Myrtle Beach over the Memorial Day weekend. The Pure Roll insert kicks some major arse!

You should check out the Nike Method Core and the Odyssey White Ice #9 if you liked that putter's feel (All 3 feel awesome IMO)

Back