Show Off Your Putter Collection

Thanks JB...that's what I was afraid of. I LOVE my SS version, and thought the carbon might feel softer, but I think I'll hold off for now.

Its a great feeling putter. I have both and like both quite a bit. I find the differences very subtle as mentioned. The audible tone is slightly more plush in the carbon version, but similar to say the least.

I'll wait and try it out at the demo day in May (if it will be there) before pulling the trigger.

So I'm thinking about adding a Piretti Cottonwood II in Carbon Steel/Midnight Black to my arsenal. I already have the SS version, anyone putt with both and able to describe the differences?

Two has to be better than one, right? I'm sure you will love it!

Haha...if they were free, two would definitely be better than one. Unfortunately, they're not free. They are awesome putters though!

I was asked in another thread to post some pics of my putter, so here it is. It is an Odyssey White Steel 2-ball. This was my backup to my Ping iN series, but since I changed the insert it has become my gamer. I took the stock insert out and traced the shape onto a piece of pine and cut it out. I then sanded it down to the same thickness as the original and stained it with some espresso colored stain. It's not a perfect fit around the edges, but I love it. It feels better than my Ping to me. Not too hard, but not too soft. I am working on a second version that will either have a thin strip of silicone behind the insert or between 2 pieces of wood. The putterface looks beat up because it is pretty old. Comments are always welcome!

I was asked in another thread to post some pics of my putter, so here it is. It is an Odyssey White Steel 2-ball. This was my backup to my Ping iN series, but since I changed the insert it has become my gamer. I took the stock insert out and traced the shape onto a piece of pine and cut it out. I then sanded it down to the same thickness as the original and stained it with some espresso colored stain. It's not a perfect fit around the edges, but I love it. It feels better than my Ping to me. Not too hard, but not too soft. I am working on a second version that will either have a thin strip of silicone behind the insert or between 2 pieces of wood. The putterface looks beat up because it is pretty old. Comments are always welcome!

Some wood filler and a restain would look neat

Yes, an old wood working tip I use to do, take regular glu and saw dust from the same wood, mix together to make a filler that wont show. Just looks like the wood itsself.

Some wood filler and a restain would look neat

Yes, an old wood working tip I use to do, take regular glu and saw dust from the same wood, mix together to make a filler that wont show. Just looks like the wood itsself.

Thanks guys. I plan on taking the insert currently installed out once my second version is done. The second one fits much better all the way around.

Awesome man! I'm glad you posted those pics, I love seeing people put a personal touch on the game.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Be sure to post the new pics with the new insert! Looks great by the way.

My putter collection. Complete with the newest member.

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

A couple new THP putter covers arrived today, so thought I'd show 'em off!

P1030636.jpg

P1030634.jpg

P1030633.jpg

You're torturing me with that bettinardi due. Great collection you've got there.

You're torturing me with that bettinardi due. Great collection you've got there.

Thanks man, it's kind of torturing me as well as I don't feel I can use it on the course. I pretty proud of it coming from the THP outing and signed by Bettinardi.

Yeah it's unreal, it's so cool that the THP does amazing things for it's members. I remember when I first joined I won a 59 Belts contest in like the first two weeks! I love this site and even though I don't know a lot of people you've always been really cool and helpful so I'm sure that putter couldn't have gone to a better guy. Oh, and you shouldn't game it, that's one for the wall.

Yeah it's unreal, it's so cool that the THP does amazing things for it's members. I remember when I first joined I won a 59 Belts contest in like the first two weeks! I love this site and even though I don't know a lot of people you've always been really cool and helpful so I'm sure that putter couldn't have gone to a better guy. Oh, and you shouldn't game it, that's one for the wall.

You should make it to an outing some time and meet all these wonderful people.

What an extremely nice thing to say. Thank you, you are a very cool guy yourself.

Thanks JB, I'd really like to. I'm in Utah with a pregnant wife so it's going to have to take some planning but I'd really like to.

Moved this one to the Flatstick section where it will be a sticky.

So I pulled the trigger on another addition to my collection yesterday. I ordered another Piretti Cottonwood II, this time in black carbon. I'll be sure to post pics when it arrives...can't wait!

So I pulled the trigger on another addition to my collection yesterday. I ordered another Piretti Cottonwood II, this time in black carbon. I'll be sure to post pics when it arrives...can't wait!

Damn you man, I want close-ups of it in the shower, lol. Sean has a picture of a Cottonwood on his site that's just sweet.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Damn you man, I want close-ups of it in the shower, lol. Sean has a picture of a Cottonwood on his site that's just sweet.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Haha...I'll take some sweet high res pics when it arrives.

MgBn Anser's

MgBn Anser's

Here is about 20 of my manganese bronze Ping's. All are Anser's with the exception of a Pal & Pal 4 in BeCu. More normal gamer has been a original Dalehead. All are in mint condition.

View attachment 1864

The mail just showed up and outside my door was my BEAUTIFUL new Piretti Cottonwood II. This thing is beyond words in person. The finish is simply amazing. I'll be sure to to post some high res pics in a bit but I can't wait to go roll this thing so I'm off to the practice green.

BTW - there's often stories on THP about companies going above and beyond and doing cool things for consumers. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that the fine folks at Piretti golf included an awesome Piretti hat with my purchase!!! This is my second Cottonwood II (one stainless, one black carbon) and I'm already a big fan of this company. Another company providing excellent customer service to further distinguish themselves from the "big" companies...LOVE IT!

Back