Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis

rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
I just purchased a dozen Chrome Soft Truvis today. Figured I could use some more focus. Will find out tomorrow how they do. Wondering if anyone else has tried them and what have they thought?

I just purchased a dozen Chrome Soft Truvis today. Figured I could use some more focus. Will find out tomorrow how they do. Wondering if anyone else has tried them and what have they thought?

i played a sleeve yesterday, and I really, really liked them. The Truvis part is really interesting, and while I can't confirm scientifically that it works the way it's supposed to, it certainly didn't hinder, and did, at times, make it easier to spot a lost ball.

They have been discussed in the Chrome Soft thread. I've been playing them. I find that they are pretty easy to track in the air, but I am not a huge fan when they're on the ground.

The results are in and I actually loved the truvis. Maybe it was just me thinking that it was helping, but I certainly played better and putted better for sure. On top of that, I shot my personal best round and broke 90 for the first time!

My friend who was is a single digit asked if he could have one to try because he thought they were pretty cool/interesting.

Funny, everytime I made a putt my partners would yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL!"

My uncle found one of these yesterday and I was raving about how good the Chrome Soft is. He then tees it up, drives it high right OB, and tells me the ball sucks. Bye bye TruVis :-(

My uncle found one of these yesterday and I was raving about how good the Chrome Soft is. He then tees it up, drives it high right OB, and tells me the ball sucks. Bye bye TruVis :-(
Yeah, that definitely sounds like it was the balls fault.

We enjoyed the Pele jokes the last time we played with a guy who used these.

Quite a few using these in Savannah at the THP Event this weekend.

I have putted with them at PGA SS but not played them. I have trouble tracking the ball, and would be willing to give a sleeve a shot. It's not on my list of favorite balls performance wise, but the line is so thin, I would give extra visibility extra points.

Look really cool.

Hard to see in flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they will do the truvis on a yellow ball?

Totally need to try one of these out. I love the concept

Played 2 rounds with these over the weekend.

Some key findings.

Great to putt with. Really easy to focus (and fun / entertaining) given their appearance.

No difference when looking at address on the tee.

Just as easy to track in the air.

Can an see your spin off of iron shots.

Seems to be a little helpful at address (especially wedge shots).

Harder to find in the deep rough, but not by a huge amount.

I like the Chrome Soft ball. I normally play the E6. If Bridgestone put this on their ball, I'd play it all the time.

Not sure I'll be regularly spending the additional $8 a dozen just for truvis, but as I have a sleeve left, I may change my mind about that.

I liked the Chrome Soft, but I can't see myself playing these. Luckily, I don't have issues tracking the ball in the air, and I don't need any more problems finding my ball when it's on the ground after an errant shot. I know myself pretty well, as far as things that mess with my head, and I'm pretty sure that teeing up a soccer ball would drive me crazy.
Nice concept for those that might need the assistance that these provide, but I think it might be a fairly narrow market segment.

Mine arrived today, I will be teeing up at 7:30 in the morning with them. Naturally I had to putt a few times on the carpet and thought the roll to be very cool.

I have been playing these for about 2 months, I have actually had people ask me if they come like that or do I paint the design on. lol, I would never be that patient on anything I do.

I have been playing these for about 2 months, I have actually had people ask me if they come like that or do I paint the design on. lol, I would never be that patient on anything I do.

So what do you think about them? Do they look bigger to you? Or make it easier to hit? Just curios. I was thinking about picking up a dozen to try out.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

I wonder if they will do the truvis on a yellow ball?
Good lord I hope so!!

Hard to see in flight.
I agree with this, it almost looks black to me in the air.

But,

I can focus on one of the red parts during my swing and feel like I've been hitting the ball cleaner. I also think they are EASIER to find in the rough. They stand out. The yellow with Truvis would be amazing.

I like them a lot. I no longer have to mark my ball, it is like the early days using a yellow ball. They are very easy to spot on the ground and I agree with Sean, it is easy to focus on one of the red spots which seems to help my ball striking.

edit - I have been using these for over a month and don't plan to change up any time soon.

Last edited:
Re-posting what I posted in the "What Ball Did You Play Last" thread...

I played the Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis all weekend. Overall, I liked it. As compared to the Srixon Z-Stars I have been playing for about 6 months now, it is certainly a completely different animal. Take my mini review for what it's worth from this hacker...

Driver: It was a bit longer for me off the tee, but only marginal. It was however, much straighter. I didn't feel as though I had to steer the shot as much.

Fairway wood/Hybrid: This is where it really performed for me. I was a solid 10 yards longer and was able to shape the shots (with what little skill I have) much easier than the Z-Star. I could visualize, point, and shoot with confidence. Also, the roll out was quite a bit more than the Z.

Irons: Definitely a softer ball and I could feel it. My i-25's give a muted feel for me already, but the feedback (lack of) was something I was not ready for. As far as distance and accuracy, it matched up to the Zs. Once I got used to the action off the face, it became quite comfortable and was a very consistent feel.

Wedges: This is where I was perplexed. I could spin the Zs a lot more than the Chromes, but it wasn't as consistent. It also wasn't as firm off the face on full swings which took some time to get used to. That being said, I was torn on which ball 'felt' better because of how long I have been playing the Zs due to what I was used to. The key on this is, I would rather take consistency over maximum spin, so the nod goes to the Chrome Soft.

Putter:Z-Star hands down wins for me in this category. I felt as though the Chrome Soft was a marshmallow off the putter. It was a dull muted response that was the total opposite of the 'click' I am used to. Because of this I was short on just about every single putt the first two rounds I played with it. When I did get a bit firmer with it, I would burn by the hole or pop out.

Now for the important part, the Truvis technology.

Simply put, I like it. I normally play with yellow high visibility balls with a single marked line. I played these right out of the box, no line. I was surprised at how no matter what position the ball was in, I was able to use my same visual point of reference at address. The red on white also made it easy to find on errand shots. Almost as easy as any brands yellow (and trust me I have had my share of looking). Also, when the ball is buried in deeper cut or in the sand, I didn't struggle at address to recognize my aim points. It almost gave a feel of the ball being highlighted because of the pattern.

All this being said, I will be gaming these fancy Truvis Chrome Softs the rest of the year. I will get used to the feel off the putter as well as the irons and give them a good run through. Plus they are down right fun to watch. One good shot off a wedge and watch the spin on the ball because of the red pattern as it flies through the air and you will just smile ear to ear knowing you went after it and nailed it. It's just cool to see.

I want to game these 1 time this season before I have to put the clubs away for the winter.

The soccer pattern is just too busy for me. It looks like Duffy Waldorf got ahold of the ball.
I'll stick with the Chrome Soft yellows.

The soccer pattern is just too busy for me. It looks like Duffy Waldorf got ahold of the ball.
I'll stick with the Chrome Soft yellows.

lol, I understand how that would bother some. Personally I love chipping and putting with these I really like seeing the spin. Love the Duffy reference.

Personally it has way too much going on for my taste. I prefer to stick to using a few tin cups to stencil in something that is unique. The ball I like, just not the expressionist painting on it.

Back