Really stupid "hooray for me" thread

92Esquire

Reaction score
Handicap
6.02*10^23
I had my first birdie today. Not just one, but two!

I took up golf last June after not swinging a club in 18 years. Some lessons, a lot of range time, and one golf trip to Myrtle Beach last year and I still suck, but I have fun with it. :)

Today was my first 9 holes (walking) of this year. I went to my "home" course early this morning. The first hole on the back 9 has a short carry off the tee over water. Of course I topped my first two drives dead center into the water. Next hole was a par 3, again not great. 3rd hole I normally end up in the trees about 150 yards down. Not this time, I drove about 230 and left myself an uphill 100 yard shot, which I hit to about 20' before draining the putt (love my Mizunardi). A few holes later I hit my 3H off the tee on a dogleg left leaving a nice 80 yard downhill that my 56 degree put to 3'. Birdie #2.

It's the glimpses of what could be that keeps you going through reality. I'll still be a 30+ handicap for a while, but it's all good fun.

Congrats 92. That is great to hear.

Nothing stupid about this thread--congrats!

Nothing wrong with two birdies! Congrats!

two_birds.jpg

With Avogadro's number for a handicap two birdies is a great accomplishment! 8)

TCCcaddie, as a Chemical Engineer, I'm honored you picked up the reference. :)

Congrats.
As a guy that hasnt been golfing too long myself, its those little shining glimpses of talent that keep me motivated to improve.

Congrats on the Birdies 92...I go whole seasons without two of them.

As a fellow ChemE, I too have celebrated "Mol Day" since high school.

Congratulations 92!

That's great. Can't wait to make my first birdie in 2009. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Back