So face shaving, whats that all about and who does it

VinceRKG

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently got into looking around at getting my driver and face shaved down from World Hottest Drivers, I do get some softball sticks shaved and rolled for HR derby and bigger events, all bats in uppers are done some how do no judging lol I have talked with the owner Steve a lot past couple weeks about what it does and how durable it is. Anyone have luck with this?

I keep a handicap and play in THP Events, so wouldnt want to use a driver that does not let me post scores.

I use dollar shave club.

...wait.

Is this actually a real thing because I've never heard of it.

This sounds like a terrible idea IMO.

I use dollar shave club.

...wait.

ha!

I knew what he was talking about, but my mind went there, too!

To answer the OP...no, I'm going to use a conforming driver 99.99% of the time due to the same reasons as what JB said. It might be fun to hit a non-conforming driver just to see how far it will go, but I'm not putting it in play during normal competition.

Never done it, would be neat to do a head to head comparison but I wouldnt ever game an illegal club.

nope I'll leave cheating to cheaters

I only shave points...wait, did I say that out loud?

I keep a handicap and play in THP Events, so wouldnt want to use a driver that does not let me post scores.

I play sanctioned events also, so this is a none possibility for me!

Nope, I like having a beard (and a legit handicap).

Totally thought this was going to be another shaving ones face thread when I opened it. I'm 0-2 today in opening new threads and expecting to see something different.

HAHAHA yes I have a full on beard and will NEVER SHAVE MY FACE...but if your not keeping score, just playing to play, is that a bad thing? I see guys bad mouth people for having fun on the course and just swinging for the fences. If one can play for a handicap to be used for.....what? What do you use a handicap for? I am going to get one shaved and one non shaved, make a comparison with numbers distance and accuracy on the course to see if its working. I also heard that pros used to do this years ago on tour before COR was setup. this true?

HAHAHA yes I have a full on beard and will NEVER SHAVE MY FACE...but if your not keeping score, just playing to play, is that a bad thing? I see guys bad mouth people for having fun on the course and just swinging for the fences. If one can play for a handicap to be used for.....what? What do you use a handicap for? I am going to get one shaved and one non shaved, make a comparison with numbers distance and accuracy on the course to see if its working. I also heard that pros used to do this years ago on tour before COR was setup. this true?

I say play the game how you want to play it.
As for what do you use a handicap for? For me personally, The Grandaddy comes to mind.
Along with a number of other THP Events.

All skill levels are AND ALWAYS WILL BE allowed, so to make things evened out and fair, a handicap is necessary.

If you're going to build a handicap, I think it's entirely up to you how you want to game things in your spare time -- And of course any small games would be a reflection of honesty, and I am sure most of the guys I play with wouldn't care less if I shaved a driver and built a handicap with it -- As long as that's what my handicap was built with.

For tournaments, I feel like you'd do yourself a bit of a disservice if you built a handicap with something you couldn't use in tournament play, but again it's your cap and you're free to do what you want with it!

Should be a fun comparison when you do make it.

I dont want nor need a handicap though..I know so many guys who play this same way, we play for fun, and people I play with never even keep score lol

I dont want nor need a handicap though..I know so many guys who play this same way, we play for fun, and people I play with never even keep score lol

Then you answered your own question.
If you dont care about it, then none of the rules should matter. Play the game the way you want to.

If you're playing for fun, go for it.

I would say stay away from it. Just like stay away from shaving your softball bat. More repercussions in softball like if that bat hits a ball that kills someone but either way stay away from it.

Yes I am going to play how I been playhing just wanted to see if anyone else had done it before. And true in the softball bat sense, only we play in open bats and mostly for HR derby lol

I would say you could accomplish the same exact thing by just moving up a tee box.
Assuming the goal is to hit it further, IE closer to the hole.

I would say you could accomplish the same exact thing by just moving up a tee box.
Assuming the goal is to hit it further, IE closer to the hole.
Nail meet head.
I've never understood what a non conforming driver accomplishes that simply moving up a tee box or two doesn't accomplish.

If it's done just for fun...why not.
For me...I use my handicap all year long, so I wouldn't do it.
I would like to hear your comparison results if you do it.

Nail meet head.
I've never understood what a non conforming driver accomplishes that simply moving up a tee box or two doesn't accomplish.

I know we play for fun as well, and part of that is sticking with the rules, including the equipment. A lot of other folks, though, get enjoyment out of golf a bit differently. Sounds like, for the OP, part of that is wanting to swing away, and hit the long ball. In that case, neither the tee box, nor the score, really matter to them. And that's OK. Not generally how I get full enjoyment from golf, right now, but I can understand it.

Back