CA Championship (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Tiger's -2 thru 10, tied for 18th.

I have Live@ coverage on my computer at work. It's nice!! So far things are going right about how I had expected, nothing REALLY surprising just yet. I can't wait to tune in all weekend, I really enjoy this event.

Oliver Wilson needs to get some different pants.

surprisingly Mickelson is doing very well.

Does anyone else feel like the commercial breaks are a lot more frequent than usual in this broadcast?

How bout Paddy. Good to see him playing well again. And Marksang? Nice round.

surprisingly Mickelson is doing very well.

OMG can you believe his last three holes, or his short game, period? Goes to show the importance of the short game. His driving accuracy was just 50%, and greens in reg just 61%. But the dude had only 20 putts! Holy cow.

I want Phil to win! That is a really good top field of well known names up there.

The whole field is really good. Look at the bottom of the field and it is still loaded. Im kind of pulling for Phil as well. I said he would win a few times and many thought he was done. I am glad he is doing well.

I don't know if it is me or the coverage, but I haven't been able to get into this event. It seems like the commercial breaks kick in every time any kind of flow gets started. And when they are showing coverage, things are bouncing around too much, or poorly.

Maybe I've just got some ADD kicking in.

I just got an email from the PGA saying that Aaron Baddeley has been disqualified for signing an incorrect score card.

Aaron Baddeley DQ
Aaron Baddeley was disqualified today for signing an incorrect scorecard after the second round. Today, Baddeley hit his tee shot into the hazard on No. 3. He called for a rules official to determine if he could move a stone that was under his foot during his stance. The rules official informed Baddeley that he could not intentionally move the stone.
When Baddeley reached No. 9, he realized that during the second round, he had hit his tee shot into the same hazard and HAD moved a stone that was under his foot in his stance. He called a rules official again, and Baddeley was asked if he intentionally moved the stone, or if it happened incidentally as he took his stance. Baddeley determined that it was intentional, therefore calling a penalty on himself (violation of Rule 13.4c). Since the penalty occurred during the second round, Baddeley had signed an incorrect scorecard yesterday and is therefore disqualified.

I just got an email from the PGA saying that Aaron Baddeley has been disqualified for signing an incorrect score card.

= sad Claire. No more plaid pants for the weekend.

Aaron Baddeley DQ
Aaron Baddeley was disqualified today for signing an incorrect scorecard after the second round. Today, Baddeley hit his tee shot into the hazard on No. 3. He called for a rules official to determine if he could move a stone that was under his foot during his stance. The rules official informed Baddeley that he could not intentionally move the stone.
When Baddeley reached No. 9, he realized that during the second round, he had hit his tee shot into the same hazard and HAD moved a stone that was under his foot in his stance. He called a rules official again, and Baddeley was asked if he intentionally moved the stone, or if it happened incidentally as he took his stance. Baddeley determined that it was intentional, therefore calling a penalty on himself (violation of Rule 13.4c). Since the penalty occurred during the second round, Baddeley had signed an incorrect scorecard yesterday and is therefore disqualified.

That is really class of him to call the penalty on himself. It's unfortunate that happened though. That is really wonky.

Here is more on Aaron....

Baddeley receives last-place (80th), unofficial money: $35,000

I’m sure you are disappointed.
AB: Yeah, just disappointed. You always want to play four round and just play as much as you can. And especially in a World Golf Championships like this. Disappointing, but I had to do the right thing.

Could you walk us through how it all happened?
AB: I drove the ball in the right water twice, both times, it finished in the sand – in the rough edge right where I hit it. And yesterday, I sort of like kicked the stone out of the way as I was taking my stance, not really thinking anything of it. And then I was within a foot of it, in the same spot today. I had the same thing, and a rules official must have seen where I drove it, so he was, like, in the fairway. And I had another good-sized rock under my foot, and so I turned around and I sort of asked him if I could use my foot to move the rock out of the way. And he said if you feel you’re taking your stance, you can, but you can’t kick it out of the way. When he said that, I was like – ooh, I think I did that yesterday. I spoke to Mike Shea and told him what happened, and he said, unfortunately that will be a disqualification. And I sort of knew that.

So it was really a matter of you deciding what you had done. Players have to police themselves.
AB: That’s the idea. You have to be honest with yourself. I’ve got to be able to go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning and look at myself in the mirror. That’s the great thing about this game. You know you can trust all the guys out there because you know they’re going to do the same.

I tried doing that, Harry, but my computer at work is SO SLOW that I can't use any other applictions if I am watching that. I just keep checking the leaderboard updates on yahoo :(

I tried doing that, Harry, but my computer at work is SO SLOW that I can't use any other applictions if I am watching that. I just keep checking the leaderboard updates on yahoo :(

It's not just your work computer. That stream is a total bandwidth hog. It's slowing down all my other applications too. (Then again, my laptop isn't exactly new. But it's always been fast enough with most stuff.)

I have an old school MAC with the oldest operating system ever so anything slows this baby down. But I check in every now and then. I have to say it's much more fun to watch something when you were there.

Badds really impressed me with that. As well as his frank discussion.

Has anyone here played the Blue Monster? It's one of those courses like Augusta, Torrey, Spyglass, Sawgrass and a few others that I really want to play before I die.

I think JB has. I am sure he will answer that when he gets back, he is driving home now, so he should be on in a couple of hours.

Back