soxngolf

back to the season
Reaction score
There are a few threads currently discussing women playing with men, the red tees versus the back tees and women posting on forums. I have been part of similar conversations on other forums and they have not always turned out good. As one of the women here at THP, and I am sure the other women would agree, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping the threads friendly and encouraging conversation from the women on the forum. We wish more guys like you were out of the courses!

We are Sox! You'll find my wife and I out there quite often. You just have to come to Kansas to do it!

We are a forum co-owned by a woman. We will always try our best to be friendly to all.

I love that we have so many female members here and I hope we continue to get more. It was recently brought to my attention that not many (if any) of the other golf forums have a female owner or any female input. I want to make sure that we are female friendly, child friendly, and male friendly. I don't want it to turn into the girl power forum either, I just want a melting pot of amazing people talking about the game we all love and maybe learning a little about each other in the process.

I love that we have so many female members here and I hope we continue to get more. It was recently brought to my attention that not many (if any) of the other golf forums have a female owner or any female input. I want to make sure that we are female friendly, child friendly, and male friendly. I don't want it to turn into the girl power forum either, I just want a melting pot of amazing people talking about the game we all love and maybe learning far more about each other than we ever dreamed in the process.

Fixed it for ya!

The trick is for all of us to walk our talk...

We are a forum co-owned by a woman. We will always try our best to be friendly to all.

All due respect, JB, that's true, but I don't think it's the reason...the reason are the guys, from newbies to mods, on here.

One of the things I really appreciate most about this site is the hospitable atmosphere for women participants generally (moreso than most any other general-purpose golf forum), and the many interesting threads about professional women golfers (LPGA, Durameds, College). I think Harry deserves a shout-out in that regard.

What she said.

Spoiler
Query how much the skorts have to do with it.

There are a few threads currently discussing women playing with men, the red tees versus the back tees and women posting on forums. I have been part of similar conversations on other forums and they have not always turned out good. As one of the women here at THP, and I am sure the other women would agree, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping the threads friendly and encouraging conversation from the women on the forum. We wish more guys like you were out of the courses!

Sox- this has been by far the friendliest (is that a word?) forum I've found on the internet, regardless of the topic too. I love that we have women here and have always been very interested in women golf, whether local high school girls or LPGA, the ladies can straight up play golf- why not acknowledge that fact without being a pig?

Now if only I could get my wife to want to play more golf, but she really isn't very good. But my goal is to just have her come out and enjoy herself. We'll see, I'll keep you all updated. My 2 daughters on the other hand, I can't get a club out of my 6 yr old's hand and her older sister is usually more than eager to go hit some balls. I'm looking forward to those two growing up in a household where golf is very important to us all. :D:D:D

Now if only I could get my wife to want to play more golf, but she really isn't very good. But my goal is to just have her come out and enjoy herself. We'll see, I'll keep you all updated.

Tell her for me that talent and enjoyment aren't correlated!

My 2 daughters on the other hand, I can't get a club out of my 6 yr old's hand and her older sister is usually more than eager to go hit some balls. I'm looking forward to those two growing up in a household where golf is very important to us all. :D:D:D

That's one of the best things about this sport. It's a life sport, and we can all go out together. I mean, we all have our kids playing soccer/la crosse/baseball/basketball, but none of those are sports you're going to go out and play with the whole family.

Sadly, I can't play racket sports, but we all ski (or board) and can all play golf (with my son kicking and screaming). Getting out there as a family is an important part of who we are.

Would you expect any less from this forum? :confused2:
This is, by far, the friendliest forum Ive ever been a part of (and Ive been a member on many forums since '97).
This site has a real laid-back, family atmosphere. In a lot of ways, when Im on this site it has a vibe of just hanging out and BSing with people you have known all your life.
Thats a pretty amazing feeling to have about a forum you've only been on for a couple months.
There is absolutely no reason why we cant joke around and have fun on this forum, while still being respectful and giving everyone (no matter their age, gender, social class or ethnic background) the dignity that they deserve.
Like many of the rest of you, Im very thankful for THP because it is, BY FAR the best golf forum there is.

Soxy (should I be calling you that, anyway--I picked it up from Harry, who's always to blame?)--I'm just glad to see you posting here more often. It's fun having you around.

This is actually the first site I've seen where there is a cool mix of women and men talking everything golf, and I kind of enjoy that because its no fun (no offense to all us guys) when its a total sausagefest lol

total sausagefest lol

I'm going to briefly threadjack because I never get to tell this story enough.

When I was still in school, a buddy and I were driving back from a camping. We were driving through a rural town, and there was a big sign that said:

"This Weekend! Boystown Sausage Festival at the First Church of [whatever the name of the town was]."

I was driving and saw the sign and he didn't. I had to turn around so he could see it because he didn't believe me. We didn't stop laughing for miles.

Loll what a story

I agree that its great we have a few ladies on here who post often. Its nice to have a woman's point of view because they view things a lot differently than do men.
Hopefully more women will find there way to this site in the future.

I'm going to briefly threadjack because I never get to tell this story enough.

When I was still in school, a buddy and I were driving back from a camping. We were driving through a rural town, and there was a big sign that said:

"This Weekend! Boystown Sausage Festival at the First Church of [whatever the name of the town was]."

I was driving and saw the sign and he didn't. I had to turn around so he could see it because he didn't believe me. We didn't stop laughing for miles.

Harry strikes again with his hilarious stories... :p

It warms my heart to hear all your kind words about our site. We would love more female members here, but we can't forget all the great guys too, we just have one heck of an amazing group of people and we look forward to welcome more.

I Love all of you guys and gals. This is truly a wonderful place, where we can discuss anything openly. This forum reminds me so much of family.

It does to us as well CG. That is why we like it here.

Back