Rory Sabbatini's new clubs

crazydog

Reaction score
Handicap
This is my first thread on this site. I am a big Rory fan and I heard from this site first that he switched and signed with Taylor Made. What clubs does he have in the bag? What shafts and is he still going to play the Callaway i ball like he has and wear callaway shoes and gloves. He is under a ball contract with callaway. Is he still going to wear Hollas golf apparel or is he going to switch to Adidas.:alien2::alien2::alien2:This site is awesome. :comp:

I dont know if he signed with Taylormade, I thought he was just trying out the R9. Did you see the pics already? Oh yeah and welcome to THP.

Welcome! I didn't know Rory had fans.

Driver
2008 Burner with Fuji Motore shaft
TM did not make him new hybrids
Irons were Tour Preferred 4-PW that were mostly standard setup
Wedges we did not see them make.

If you check out the videos we posted in the Taylormade Tour van you can see them actually making his driver and bending his new irons. We were in the tour van hanging out with his caddy and video taping the Taylormade folks making his clubs.

Welcome to THP crazydog!

I thought Rory Sabbatini liked the R9 driver? Why did he go with the Burner 2008 driver? Also it looks like Rory Sabbatini has bagged the R9 3 wood with the new Diamana blue prototype! Where is the video located of them building his clubs?:call-me:

In the forum they are under Taylormade Tour video. He liked the R9 driver and the 08 burner. I think he will end up playing both.

What is rory sabbatini using for a 2 iron or 3 iron? Is he using hybrids still? Adams pro golds? What shafts?:confused2:

What is rory sabbatini using for a 2 iron or 3 iron? Is he using hybrids still? Adams pro golds? What shafts?:confused2:

I don't know because I only work for him on Tuesdays...I am totally kidding, but I am more than happy to ask our Taylormade contacts and get back with you. :smile: Is that cool?

I don't know because I only work for him on Tuesdays...I am totally kidding, but I am more than happy to ask our Taylormade contacts and get back with you. :smile: Is that cool?

That would be awesome! Thanks Golfgal22

Ok, so I was just told that he is still in the testing process. He is trying out different irons and hybrids. It looks like in his bad he is still carrying an Adam's hybrid and a Nickent hybrid.

GG is correct. He also has a TM Burner hybrid in there with it.

GG is correct. He also has a TM Burner hybrid in there with it.

So right now, you guys are saying he is trying a adams, a nickent, and a Taylor Made? It is not a combination is it? If you guys are going to Tampa next week, try to get some good Rory bag shots of all clubs! You guys are some real info seekers and I like it.:beauty::cool:

On the range he is trying out all kinds of hybrids like we said. In play this week he had a Burner. We will be at the Transitions since it is only 10 minutes from our house.

I have to ask, why? I mean do you want the same setup as him? Just curious, that is all.

No, I know I could not hit the same clubs, just curious what shafts and clubs he uses to hit that low ball with that weird swing of his. Also I am a fan! YOu guys are the only site that has all the answers! Was the burner hybrid for is 2 iron? Did he have the 3 iron in the taylor made tour preferred iron, or did he have the burner hybrid for the 3 iron also? Thanks JB and golfergal!!

His irons were 4-pw and he had one hybrid for his 3 iron.

At Doral we were told he did not carry one, just an extra wedge./

Driver
3 wood
3 Hybrid
4 iron
5 iron
6 iron
7 iron
8 iron
9 iron
PW
GW