Today is the 2nd time I won.... but lost... and then won again.... sort of.

malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
It was a very rare Scotty Cameron milled putter cover.... Circa Titleist. The seller may or may not have intended to put a reserve, but my winning bid of $39 was far lower than such covers have been demanding. Then... I get an email from the seller... my apologies, I no longer have the cover. Intended to remove the listing but forgot.

So he offers me a different one for the same winning bid, and shows me where it has sold for $125. I see that, but I also see where it has sold for much less because it's not particularly hard to find. Plus it says Titleist on it and my purpose was to have a non Titilist for my new Scotty Mizuno.

I settled for the one below, which is comparable in rarity, looks nice, but still has Titleist embroidered on it. I'll use it for my Newport and keep looking.

1264260_10151755974713401_1885361879_o.jpg

This makes the 2nd time I've had a low winning bid on something of obvious more value, now and in the future, and had a seller come back with he no longer has it. The Bay can be a real hassle sometimes. Unfortunately, you have no choice but to accept their word... still, they get pretty P.Oed over getting a bad review... especially when they've been carrying 100%. That's important to most sellers.

~Sigh!

Last edited:
Back