Reasonably priced golf course in NJ

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Anyone know of any? I generally have to drive an hour away to find something under $80 a round on a weekend.

That's pricey. I hope that's with a cart included? I play mostly the courses in middlesex, somerset, and union counties. 35 bucks max walking. I'm not sure what county Lincoln Park is located in, but maybe you should look into obtaining a county card for your area to reduce the rates? Other than that, golfnow and ezlinks have great deals that we take advantage of and cart is always included. Give those options a try. Hope it helps.

It is Morris County. I really hate the public courses though. It is virtually impossible to get a decent tee time and it is soooo crowded. I guess I am not going to have much of a choice. What are the courses you play?

I have played in Sunset Valley. It is a nice course and the condition is good as well.

I keep hearing that but on the weekends it is tough to get a tee time. I like to go out really early and be done by 12. Any other courses in NJ anyone can recommend. I used to live in Bergen County so it was a bit easier. I am kinda new to this area.

I've played a lot of golf already this year. Best so far was Great bear in PA, and Morgan Hill also in PA. But usually, I play Quailbrook and Green Knoll in Somerset county. The Meadows of Middlesex county in Plainsboro. And Ashbrook & Galloping Hill of Union county. I see the Morris county courses on golfnow, but just haven't made the trip to any of them yet this year. You have some really nice courses in your county. Get out there early and hopefully get a decent paced round in. At the 80 bucks you mentioned, that covers my usual week of golf. Roughly 2-3 rounds.

Dont go to the Meadows in Lincoln Park. It is an overpriced dump. FYI. A little rain and the course is under water for a week too. $75 a round with a cart on the weekends. I guess I will go down the county course route. The only issue I have is, that I usually play with my father and he doesnt live in the county, so thats why I was looking for something close and not as expensive.

Dont go to the Meadows in Lincoln Park. It is an overpriced dump. FYI. A little rain and the course is under water for a week too. $75 a round with a cart on the weekends. I guess I will go down the county course route. The only issue I have is, that I usually play with my father and he doesnt live in the county, so thats why I was looking for something close and not as expensive.

I deal with that issue as well. We have a fairly consistent foursome and at least two of the guys live in the counties that we play on a given day. So we end up splitting the difference so it's fair for everyone. Most of the things on golfnow are not county specific, so if you and your dad find something you like on there, it will only be a few dollars difference ( someone has to pay the online booking fee)

Also, if you start to play your county courses and decide on getting the county card, you should be able to book tee times further in advance and get the earlier times that you were looking for.

I bought the county card last year and 2 days later broke my ankle and never got to use it..lol. Thanks for the suggestions.

Try Black Bear GC in Franklin... About 45 minutes from you in Lincoln Park and you should be able to get a round with cart for about $50 or less on the weekends for an afternoon tee time... still around $80 for an AM weekend time.

Yeah I have played all of the crystal springs golf courses before. I was just hoping for something close to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd suggest getting a county card and trying to get on one of the Morris County courses. Flanders Valley is GREAT, as well as Sunset Valley. I heard there is another new County course as well.

Anywhere you play on the weekend is usually crowded.

Yeah I am going to renew it. I heard Berkshire Valley and Sunset Valley are the nicest. Thanks for the info.

This is Jersey, nothing is reasonably priced...

Yeah, no kidding!!

I live about 5 mins from Black Bear. I play there, Rolling Greens and Farmstead more than other courses up here.

When I lived in Oakland, I used to play the Meadows years ago. I stopped when new owners started to be snotty. They used to have a great, medium priced course with a fine little restaurant. Then, they started to frown upon walk-ons. I stopped going there about 10 years ago. I also used to play Sunset Valley which I really liked. Apple Mountain used to have a great play and lunch special, but it's about an hour away for me. Like DevRickus, I play the Minerals, Lackawanna and other 9 hole courses, also.

JNRadio is right on with the high prices in NJ. I've got friends in Kansas, Missouri and Idaho who pay much, much less for much better courses.

Yeah I called the Meadows the other day to get pricing and the guy was so effing rude I hung up on him. The course is soo bad and they have the nerve to act and charge like they are some great course. Really sucks because it is a 2 minute drive for me. The only thing that bothers me about Rolling Greens is the ton of goose dung on the greens when you get near the water holes.

Beaver Brook in Annandale,NJ is nice and the price is under $70 on weekends (w/cart). They have online specials, usually the early times at $49.
Morgan Hills and River View in Easton,Pa are great. Royce Brook in Hillsborough is nice but it's $79 during the week. Luckily I have some buy one get one passes so the split of $40 per person is perfect. Anyone wanna play?

I would be down to play next Saturday if anyone is up for it.

I would be down to play next Saturday if anyone is up for it.

Passes are for M-TH. Sorry forgot to mention that before. Weekend rates are $120!!! Course is nice but no where near that nice

Oh I dont care where we play, I was just wondering if anyone wanted to play next Saturday.

I'm thinking of going to the Nike demo day in Elmsford, NY to try out the Nike VR Pro Combo irons. I would be willing to play Rolling Greens afterwards! Want to go to the Demo Day?

I just sent you a PM with my info. I am in for Rolling Greens. I have something from 9-10:30 in the morning so a tee time from 12:00 on will work for me. Anyone else in the area is welcome to join us.

True but the fairways aren't always great. But the course is a test from the back tee's. I would recommend High Bridge hills. The clubhouse is lousy but the course is decent for the money.

Back