the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
just been working on my swing in the garden. i dont know whether i had a golden moment or i didnt realise what i was doing before.
but when i start the downswing with my left arm i take a nice divot and its a clean strike but when i force the downswing with my right arm i hit it fat. does anyone else get this?

Im assuming youre right handed

I definitely have that same issue as well.

When I think of starting my downswing by pulling my left hand/arm through the shot, I almost always have clean contact.

When I start trying to "bash" the ball by throwing my right hand/arm through the ball, I get inconsistent as hell.....right, left, hook, slice, you name it.

Yup, between my two hands, my left hand does most of the work in my swing. If I get my right hand involve, I usually fat it because my head drops so much. I have had my swing video recorded so many times, that I know that this is what happens.

On an unrelated side note - my wife would KILL me if I was practice swinging in the garden!! LOL

In Europe, garden is backyard, right?

Back on topic - I can see what you are saying. I think when you start with that right side it changes the swing plane causing the club to begin a scooping motion therefore hitting behind the ball. I definitely have much better success when just trying to keep it simple and letting that left side start everything down through impact. Hope that makes sense.

On an unrelated side note - my wife would KILL me if I was practice swinging in the garden!! LOL

In Europe, garden is backyard, right?

Back on topic - I can see what you are saying. I think when you start with that right side it changes the swing plane causing the club to begin a scooping motion therefore hitting behind the ball. I definitely have much better success when just trying to keep it simple and letting that left side start everything down through impact. Hope that makes sense.

lol my garden/lawn looks like a tee box the wife isnt happy but i said it would grow back in a week or 2 :D

Back