Vjay Singh = facepalm

say it ain't so Vijay!

I guess I wont really miss him. When was the last time he was relevant in a tournament anyways?

I guess I wont really miss him. When was the last time he was relevant in a tournament anyways?

He has been relevant quite a bit this year.

Wasn't there an interview yesterday with Vijay where he said he would be trying to go through the qualifier?

When interviewed yesterday it seemed like he felt he wouldn't qualify anyway. Said he needed to work on some things and get more out of his rounds than shooting 71's & 72's. It's his choice if he doesn't want to try to qualify, and looper, in the interview on cbs he said he wasn't going to try to qualify.

When interviewed yesterday it seemed like he felt he wouldn't qualify anyway. Said he needed to work on some things and get more out of his rounds than shooting 71's & 72's. It's his choice if he doesn't want to try to qualify, and looper, in the interview on cbs he said he wasn't going to try to qualify.

Thanks, Craig. That is what I actually meant, but was apparently typing faster than my mind works and forgot to include the word NOT qualifiying. Thanks for the lowdown.

Wow That is something... Wish he would. He has to win or come in 2nd to qualify now

I think the streak is what I'm sad will not continue. 16+ years of never missing a major?!?!?! CRAZY!

Not gonna lie, I have never been a big Vijay fan, so Ireally won't miss him at all.

I'm bummed, it did seem he was trending upward this season, to me anyway.

Yeah I saw that interview as well last night. Kinda surprised (and disapointed) that espn worded the above article the way they did as Vijay had that interview yesterday where he said plain as day that he's not going to try and qualify because he feels he's not playing well enough, he's frustrated at shooting 71's and wants to take some time to work on his game and come back at hartford

Yeah I saw that interview as well last night. Kinda surprised (and disapointed) that espn worded the above article the way they did as Vijay had that interview yesterday where he said plain as day that he's not going to try and qualify because he feels he's not playing well enough, he's frustrated at shooting 71's and wants to take some time to work on his game and come back at hartford

Kudos to Vijay then. Vijay feels he is not good enough to win it or at least be competitive, so he bows out and allows someone else the opportunity.

Glad to see him trying to work on his game but it's hard to see him break his 17 year streak, I will say that is extremely impressive whether you are a Vijay fan or not.

Glad to see him trying to work on his game but it's hard to see him break his 17 year streak, I will say that is extremely impressive whether you are a Vijay fan or not.

I agree with this. I'm by no means a fan, but thats pretty impressive and sad to see it end.

Maybe he is just that confident that he can win or place at the St. Jude Classic...

In the interview he seemed disappointed in himself. The game has a lot to do with confidence and he doesn't have it right now. I hope he can find his swing and get back out there in contention.

Less than two years and he can clean up on the Champions Tour...

Back