aubs88

Reaction score
Handicap
I just saw a pic of the new Ping G20.

Any information on the specs or technology in this new version?

Ping.jpg

woah, not sure how i feel about this one, at first it kinda looks to futuristic but the more i look at it the more i start to like it.

I like a late summer release, should give them a sales bump, but didn' they just release like multiple variations of the G15a-z?

The more I look at it the more it stays the same.. as in the same as the G15

No offense to Ping but that's about as exciting looking as their previous releases. Like watching paint dry.

*drool*

Can't wait to give this one a try! Seems like Ping finally seems to be headed in the right direction with looks.

looks like a combo of the G15 and the K15....should be a good stick

woah, not sure how i feel about this one, at first it kinda looks to futuristic but the more i look at it the more i start to like it.

just what you need....another new driver lol

I never understood why when a new driver is leaked (or any club for that matter) they only show the sole?

I prefer the look at address and performance. the sole could be neon with unicorns....if it looks good and inspires confidence....I'M IN!!!

Looks like a space ship from Star Trek.

No offense to Ping but that's about as exciting looking as their previous releases. Like watching paint dry.

I like the idea that Ping stays with functional, instead of flash.

I don't like that piece jutting out of the bottom towards the back of the club head

It really looks like Ping 10 driver with a bump in the back.. This will be interesting....

With the K15 weight sticking out the back. One has to think high launch high spin.

No offense fellas, but this pic should probably be taken down as THP honors all embargo dates.
I guess since GolfDigest posted it, it's alright......:alien:

Last edited:
I wonder what Ping will do for the series after this one, and the series 2 after this one (G25, G35) I wonder if Infiniti will throw up a lawsuit against them naming their clubs after their cars.

With the K15 weight sticking out the back. One has to think high launch high spin.

I think weight lower and farther back would equate to higher launch, lower spin, but I could be very wrong.

I like the idea that Ping stays with functional, instead of flash.

I don't mind classic lines and functionality but sometimes Ping looks like they stop somewhere between classic and modern flash. It's like they try to play both sides of the fence and the only ones that end up liking it are Ping enthusiasts. Oh and in a day and age where companies are seeing the benefit of adjustability, it looks as if Ping decided to forgo that again. Very much like what a lot of folks are saying about the Callaway drivers.

Not crazy about the looks, but would have to see it at address to form a solid opinion. The appearance of weight in the back would definitely help my swing, however.

I think PING's stance is that custom fitting is key. once you're fit into the best performing driver....why change? the majority of players don't have the experience or expertise to make the changes to the face angle, lie/loft, etc that would best benefit their game.

I fit people every day for new equipment. I have found that very very few are interested in adjustability. they want something that works for them....without question. There are a few that are genuine tinkerers and are always adjusting and making changes....the new technology has made it easier (and cheaper) for them.

I think PING's stance is that custom fitting is key. once you're fit into the best performing driver....why change? the majority of players don't have the experience or expertise to make the changes to the face angle, lie/loft, etc that would best benefit their game.

I fit people every day for new equipment. I have found that very very few are interested in adjustability. they want something that works for them....without question. There are a few that are genuine tinkerers and are always adjusting and making changes....the new technology has made it easier (and cheaper) for them.

I still don't understand why somone would pay $400 on a new driver. Only to turn around and reshaft it with a $200-$300 shaft. Thats an expensive club head. Then agian there is component clubs out there that stand up and perform every bit as good and name brand stuff. At 1/4 the cost.

I really like the looks. The G15 was a favorite driver of mine actually. The draw model was awesome. Loved the K15 but didn't care for it's stock shaft. The G15 I hit had the Adila Serrano? I can't remember exactly. This reminds me of the look the Cleveland Drivers have. Not the same at all just have that same kind of feel to the look I guess.

I agree with you that custom fitting is the key, but if they want to claim more market share then wouldn't they release something that caters to those that want that feature (even if they don't use it). Heck, for a marketing standpoint a customer (layman that is a casual golfer and not very informed) walks into a golf shop and the salesman is going off on the latest in adjustability et al and then goes to the Ping that's at the same price and one might say he/she gets more features for the money he/she is spending on the adjustable model. We all know that's not the case but to the casual consumer it is (like buying a car with a ton of features you're not likely to use or see).

I don't know SD, but I just see Ping in their equipment as being plain Jane. The one iron that interests me is the Anser forged but from a looks standpoint it looks very much like their previous lines all snazzed up and their price point on that doesn't cater to the average consumer as well. Don't get me wrong, they're a great company with a great following but I wish they would push the boundaries just a bit more and step outside the box every once in a while.

I like the looks of this driver. We'll have to see how it stacks up performance wise.

Back