TaylorMade R11 Driver in Ghost

Thanks TC! That's what I thought, but just wanted to ask anyways.

no worries man. it makes the driver all that more appealing to me. i would ponder a 910 but the sleeve for those are ridiculously priced, no way i'd buy one, then buy that sleeve just to test my miyazaki in it.

no worries man. it makes the driver all that more appealing to me. i would ponder a 910 but the sleeve for those are ridiculously priced, no way i'd buy one, then buy that sleeve just to test my miyazaki in it.

Absolutely!! Especially with all the shaft problems I've had with Golf Town lately. Transferring high-end shafts from R9 to R11 would be a no-brainer.

Absolutely!! Especially with all the shaft problems I've had with Golf Town lately. Transferring high-end shafts from R9 to R11 would be a no-brainer.

exactly!!! it's a great way to keep your current market share for sure.

exactly!!! it's a great way to keep your current market share for sure.

It's definitely the smart thing to do.

I don't rememer seeing it posted in the thread already, apologies if it was, but will shafts fitted with an R9 tip fit into the new R11 head?

Yes it will.

Great stuff jshel,
Went ahead and merged this with the R11 thread.

Thats a great little commercial. A year from now when the price starts to drop on those bad boys there will be one in my bag.

Thats a great little commercial. A year from now when the price starts to drop on those bad boys there will be one in my bag.

haha, i love it! i'm definitely gonna try one out. up until about a year ago, i had a very small amount of TM gear, now check me out, haha. i just find that their product agrees with me. the R9 is the best sounding/feeling/looking driver i've owned so i am pumped about this one for sure. i figure the white head will look sick on the miyazaki black shaft.

I wouldn't be my first choice as for color but if it performs to my liking I would have to make myself adapt to it. Afterall this is the R11 we are talking about.

Probably a really nice driver to swing and Im pretty sure it will perform well, but idk about the aesthetics of this one, Its got to look better in person.

Here is something that I find intriguing and want to ask everybody what their thoughts are. Earlier in this thread (and others about white drivers) we have heard a few people say that "Drivers are meant to be black or silver" and other things like that. Yet just this last week we did our Throwback Thursday on the Burner Bubble and how many loved it and it had a copper type of finish on the head. It was extremely popular, and one that did amazingly well because it flat out worked. Heck we have seen red drivers, maple drivers, and so many others, and many have done extremely well. Yet all of the sudden, we have a company dropping a white/black driver and they are getting looked at like it should never happen or its against the rules.

My personal opinion is that this has a lot to do with who is coming out with rather than the color alone (not attacking anybody, just my thoughts).

So my question is to those that don't like the white or are against the white, what did you think about those others mentioned? Is a black crown the only one that works for your game? Again, not a knock on someone, just genuinely curious.

JB,

No worries on the merge. Just saw it tweeted as I was about to leave the office.

If a driver works, it works I guess. But to me part of the driver is that is is ascetically appealing to you. I guess this goes for all clubs in your bag. If you look down at it and HATE the way it looks I feel that will take away from your confidence and in turn hurt your game. On the opposite side of the argument, if your clubs flat out perform you will probably grow to like them or not care about how they look. I guess I'm undecided on this. Personally, I love TM but I hate the looks of the R11 ghost. It's not the white crown but the odd looking bottom. The big adjustment screw is a little weird. That being said, if I tried it and hit it straighter and further than my Supertri I would buy it.

I just went back and re-read this. Could I be any more indecisive??? lol

Here is something that I find intriguing and want to ask everybody what their thoughts are. Earlier in this thread (and others about white drivers) we have heard a few people say that "Drivers are meant to be black or silver" and other things like that. Yet just this last week we did our Throwback Thursday on the Burner Bubble and how many loved it and it had a copper type of finish on the head. It was extremely popular, and one that did amazingly well because it flat out worked. Heck we have seen red drivers, maple drivers, and so many others, and many have done extremely well. Yet all of the sudden, we have a company dropping a white/black driver and they are getting looked at like it should never happen or its against the rules.

My personal opinion is that this has a lot to do with who is coming out with rather than the color alone (not attacking anybody, just my thoughts).

So my question is to those that don't like the white or are against the white, what did you think about those others mentioned? Is a black crown the only one that works for your game? Again, not a knock on someone, just genuinely curious.

I would play a styrofoam cube duct taped to a wet noodle that has been spray painted hot pink and bedazzled if it gave me the best numbers when it comes to a driver. Personally I am looking forward to the direction that they are going to take with the SF line... I would love to see fct get into that line.

I would play a styrofoam cube duct taped to a wet noodle that has been spray painted hot pink and bedazzled if it gave me the best numbers when it comes to a driver. Personally I am looking forward to the direction that they are going to take with the SF line... I would love to see fct get into that line.

Not gonna lie, I loled at bedazzled. But I agree with you. If it works, I will play it. I personally think the white does look good though. And I bet it hides scratches better than black. Certainly works that way for cars.

I don't really ever see the color of a club detracting from my game as long as there is not any glare. I just wonder what every bodies opinion will be this time next year after most of the TM staffers have switched to a white driver? I can imagine that it will be much more accepted once people see people win with them.

I don't really ever see the color of a club detracting from my game as long as there is not any glare. I just wonder what every bodies opinion will be this time next year after most of the TM staffers have switched to a white driver? I can imagine that it will be much more accepted once people see people win with them.

I think that is a great point seth. I think from the outside looking in, we definitely saw that with the Ghost putter line. Shunned at first, and then it picked up steam as it started getting wins.

Will be interesting to see how many of them actually use it. Hardly any staffers use the SuperTri, only Martin Kaymer off the top of my head. Most use the SuperFast or original R9. This is all off memory though, JB would know for sure.

Will be interesting to see how many of them actually use it. Hardly any staffers use the SuperTri, only Martin Kaymer off the top of my head. Most use the SuperFast or original R9. This is all off memory though, JB would know for sure.

Yes, but keep in mind that is because the SuperTri is a high spin driver not aimed at the tour. Kind of like the R9 460 was not either. The R11 will be heavily used at first, no question about it. We shall see how it comes out in the end with their players. I think the R11 will be widely used just like the R9 was/is.

As for the SuperFast, the funniest part of that is that most of the pros we have spoken to, did not want to use the SuperFast because of its looks. Then they gave it a whirl and the numbers showed what they showed in our monitor testing story we did, and so many have made the switch. We have quite a few on video talking about that switch. We also have Lego (tour rep) on THP radio talking about this very thing with the SuperFast.

I am pretty sure that DJ used a supertri.

I am pretty sure that DJ used a supertri.

While has has dabbled in quite a few TM drivers including the SuperTri, almost every Darrell Survey we have has him playing the SuperFast or the original R9. However he does use a SuperTri headcover when he has the R9 in play. He said its because he liked it more.

I like the white look of the R11 and I like different colours on drivers and clubs in general. I will play anything that works regardless of colour and in fact colour options on your driver would be really cool. Imagine getting your favorite colour on the top of your driver, totally custom, it would be great. It will never happen but I for one would be all over it.

New Taylormade R11 Commercial

New Taylormade R11 Commercial

This is pretty simple and to the point, although the music takes me back to when I was 5 years old.

Back