Will David Duval Ever Win Again?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Question for the members. Do you think Duval will ever win on tour again?

No.

He doesn't have the drive anymore. It's just a paycheck to him now. I'm really surprised Nike resigned him last time, and I'm pretty sure they won't do it again. (In fact, that contract should be up soon, no?)

• Admin
I believe this is the last year Harry. I agree. I think he is playing more because he has to for Nike than for the game anymore.

I have to say not likely. Seems to have lost the desire after getting his major in 2001. Plus the amount that these guys win these days, the hunger to win is not there for alot of guys. They can go out and have a few top 10s and a few more top 20s and make a great living. When these guys can go out and win six figures for only a top 10 finish, why would you need a great desire to win? They get a quarter million for a top 5! And people wonder why no one challenges Tiger. They don't need to.

This was more than was asked, but I got off on a tangent!

I don't think he will win again. Possibly, if he started practicing more and regained his determination, I believe he could win. However, like others stated, why try to win, when you make a great living finishing in the top 10 or 20.

most likely not... I agree he just doesn't have the drive anymore and he hasn't maintained his health.

he may win again at one of the poor field events, like an event that runs during the british open or a big WGC event

I think you might seem him win some little nothing tournament, but not a major. Like the others said, he just doesnt seem to have the drive anymore.

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

"Outlook not so good"

He's done. Stick a fork in him. Complacency has taken over his golf game.

Well said Gummi, the real question is...how many more years will we ask this question?

I don't think so, he doesn't have that will to win like Tiger, Phil, and all the others. Now it's more about making the money for him, nothing else.

I don't think so, he doesn't have that will to win like Tiger, Phil, and all the others. Now it's more about making the money for him, nothing else.

I didn't think Phil did, but he's surprising me this weekend!

The nature of golf being like it is, where a gust of wind can wrap up or ruin a day, I'll say David is capable. He still has the fine skill, right, like any seasoned tour player...I'll be the different one and say yes.

I didn't think Phil did, but he's surprising me this weekend!

The nature of golf being like it is, where a gust of wind can wrap up or ruin a day, I'll say David is capable. He still has the fine skill, right, like any seasoned tour player...I'll be the different one and say yes.

He is a great player, like everyone on tour, but I just don't think he has that drive to in like he used to have.

magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg

*shakes Magic 8 Ball*

"Outlook not so good"

He's done. Stick a fork in him. Complacency has taken over his golf game.

Funny. I didnt even read this when I posted my pic!

Well said Gummi, the real question is...how many more years will we ask this question?
I would say that once his contract with Nike is up, he will pretty much be done.

Back