This has been said already but always go USPS, also the duties and taxes change depending on where the product is made. If an item is made in the US then there is little to no duty as per NAFTA. If an item was made from another country say....CHINA, then there is more duty on that.

It's weird because Willis never indicated to me if any charges were added to send them down. If there were he never told me. So why am I getting charged to get my own stuff back?

I am assuming you bought the wedges in Canada: since you sent the wedges for the vibrant coating which is a service that adds or enhances the value of the item, it's arguably a different product than you sent out in the eyes of Canadian customs.

The increase in value of the 3 wedges versus the putter probably explains why you weren't assessed import duties for the putter. Plus the customs classification that is used for the item also affects the amount of duties paid. It's possible that different customs classifications were used by whoever did the customs clearance on the wedges and putter.

Yah, taxes can get confusing. According to ups there are 2 charges for Canada. There are taxes and brokerage fees. If you ship from the us to Canada using standard shipping, there is a 40 dollar brokerage fee plus the taxes on the value. If you ship using any of ups's express methods, they include the brokerage fees. ( but the shipping charge is considerably higher)

If you use USPS, they do not charge brokerage fees because they dont require brokers. That's why they are so inexpensive. The only problem I have with USPS is their tracking system. It's slow and often useless on international shipments. ( once USPS packages hit customs of the receiving country, they deem the package their responsibility)

Willis Santamaria
Vibrant Golf

I just wanted to add, in 9i's case, I marked that the package was a return, ups told me that they waive fees only for warranty return shipments.

9i- did you get my pm regarding the fees?

Willis Santamaria
Vibrant Golf

USPS is the way to go, although Fedex and UPS ship quicker. I have not had any issues with USPS and would prefer to deal with them any day when possible.

USPS is the way to go, although Fedex and UPS ship quicker. I have not had any issues with USPS and would prefer to deal with them any day when possible.

I agree. With UPS I always have to pay taxes, but with USPS its more like every third time. In USPS´s case I think its more up to the local tax-man(If they´re buzy or not). "Obligated to pay tax doesn´t mean I have to like it......"

I agree. With UPS I always have to pay taxes, but with USPS its more like every third time. In USPS´s case I think its more up to the local tax-man(If they´re buzy or not). "Obligated to pay tax doesn´t mean I have to like it......"

I think with USPS in Canada they will only charge GST (5%) which is the Federal tax, I don't mind paying it since I don't pay it on my US purchases and would have to pay for it here anyway.

I looked up a few Fedex invoives I had and they will charge you an advancement fee on top of any duties or taxes. One invoice I had I only needed to pay 3.50$ in tax but had to add a 10$ advancement fee to the bill courtesy of Fedex

Back