Page 1 of 27 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Testing - Golf Balls

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65,293 Posts

Forum Testing - Golf Balls

A company wants your opinion and help as a THP Forum Member. This company has sent THP a number of different golf balls with the goal to get feedback on them through your play.

General Info
    THP will be sending out golf balls to selected THP forum members that want to be testers. Your job is to try the ball out and continue to update the testing thread that we setup as you play and work with the new balls.
    You will be responsible for a $5 shipping cost to receive your golf balls.

Criteria
    You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
    20 forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure. Just in the last month, THP has sent out training aids, over a dozen iron sets, drivers, hybrids and more.

Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
    The Hackers Paradise - Register

The Balls
    You will not know about the brand until it arrives in your mailbox, but we can tell you that there are a number of different styles and many will receive a different type of ball. You will be responsible for packaging pictures, brand discussion and obviously testing reports.

Rules
    This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions rather than things like "any". If you do not answer each question in full, you will not be selected.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
    If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you might find out what is being tested next and more information before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

EDIT:

The TESTERS HAVE BEEN SELECTED
    Last edited by JB; 07-08-2011 at 06:26 AM.
    In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
    Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
    Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
    Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
    Fairway Wood:
    JGR
    Hybrids:
    Launcher HB
    Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    Chrome Soft X

Grinder

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13,899 Posts
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone E6 - good distance and great responsiveness around the greens. Also quite durable.
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Srixon Ad-333, Wilson Staff X1, Polara
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Good distance and ball checking up well on full shots into green.
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I practice several times a week on short game and also play approximately twice per week; I would test and provide feedback on each aspect of the game. Activity level is quite high on THP; I post alot when I have something to contribute and read a bunch more to expand my knowledge about anything golf related.

Thanks again THP and mystery golf ball company!!
    Driver: G400 LST
    Fairway: EX9 Tour 15*
    Hybrids: 816 H1 19* & 23*
    Irons: JPX EZ Forged 5i-GW
    Wedges: CBX 54*/60*

Putter: Select Newport 2

Handicap
    Snow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,350 Posts
    Another awesome opportunity provided by THP and OEM's.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone e6 after getting a ball fitting and wanting to get more distance off the tee. Love the distance and feel around the greens.
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway Warbid, Callaway HX Diablo, NIKE 2009 Power Distance
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance off the tee and soft feel around the greens. My iron game isn't at the point where I need to worry about spin too much.
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have been a very active member of THP since joining and absolutely love all that it has to offer. My testing plan is 2-3 range sessions per week and at least 1 but sometimes 2 rounds of 18 per week. I am always on the site whether at my PC or through Tapa Talk so updating progress is never an issue.

Thanks again for another great testing opportunity. Up until recently I did not realize how important a good golf ball is and what a difference it makes. I would love to try out some other balls that I may not normally have taken a chance on.
    WITB

Driver - Optiforce w/ UST Proto Shaft
    FW - Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrids - X2Hot 25 degree / Ozik Altus HB
    Irons - Apex 5-PW / Recoil 660 F3
    Wedges - 50 / 54 / 58
    Putter - Custom Fin
    Ball - SR2

Say what again mf'er!
    Handicap
    3.5 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,962 Posts
    I'd be more than happy to help test out some balls.

1. Bridgestone B330-S. Great tour ball with a ton of distance and I love the durability and feel. Plus my ball fitting results directed me to try this ball and I've loved it since!
    2. Polara, TaylorMade Penta, Callaway Tour i (z) and (s)
    3. Soft feel, good spin, distance, durability in that order.
    4. Testing plan for me would be to take it right to the course and compare it side by side with the ball I play now, that ball has become the mark at which I measure all golf balls by so it would be a very good barometer to test any ball against. My activity level on THP is very active during the weekdays, slows down some at nights and weekends due to family obligations, but I'm around plenty.

Good luck to everyone interested in this forum testing!

Handicap
    EGA 14.6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great stuff! As i just have started to use a new type of ball (one that i was fitted for) i will stay out of this as i feel i wont be able to add something of greater value and learn how my new ball behave instead.
    Weapons of grass destruction.
    Driver: G20
    FW: Mashie+ F3
    Hybrids: Mashie+ M3
    Irons: Ci11 5-PW
    Wedge: x-FT TP 50, 56, 60
    Putter: White Hot #7
    Ball: B330S

"You Euros and your skinny jeans, Marlboro reds, and electronic music." - TC

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,370 Posts
    Yes please! I love the blind test.

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Either the Bridgestone B330-RX or e6. I was recommended both by Bridgestone depending on the amount of greenside spin I wanted.
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? I played a box of Srixon Z-Stars recently and have played a few of Titleists offerings - NXT, NXT Tour, and Pro V1x
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? - Depends on conditions. I want a ball that will give me optimal driver distance, not a ton of sidespin, and is able to be predictable around the green. I do like a ball that stops quickly on approach shots, but I don't have to have a super-spinny ball.
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? - I would be testing the ball out on the course at least once a week, if not more. I would report back to the forum, post pics, possibly videos, and answer questions truthfully. I'd make sure I knew enough about the product ot be knowledgeable. As for activity level, please see post count :)
    G30 SF Tec 10
    CP1 SuperSpoon 16.5
    Aeroburner 3h
    Vapor Flex 25
    Gmax 4-PW
    TK 15 48-60
    Studio Stock 2
    Pro V1

Handicap
    28 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Titleist NXT, a friend gave me a couple of sleeves and I like the distance I get from them.
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone B6, Srixon zStar
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance and enough spin to be able to stop on the green
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least 4 times a week so the balls will get a thorough testing, including a lot of time on the practice chipping and putting areas
    In my Bagboy Revolver:

910 D2
    Woods: Cleveland HiBore 5W
    HYBRIDS Fybrids 21*
    IRONS:
    AP1 712's
    WEDGES Di11 42.5*& 46* and Di9 52* 60*
    PUTTER:Boccieri Heavy C2-M
    BALL e5
    GPS: Garmin Approach G5
    Cart:Clicgear 3.0

Major Champion

Handicap
    The Driver
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14,423 Posts
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Bridgestone B330-RX. I was fitted for this ball during a Bridgestone ball fitting. I like the distance is gives and provides great feel around the greens.
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Call Tour i(z)and i(s). I have also tried the Callaway HX Diablo Tour, bridgestone e6(yellow) and Polara.
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? good distance, nice feel around the greens. A ball that spins since I'm not a high spin player and a ball that is durable.
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would be able to take this ball on the course and short game practice areas and compare to all of the other balls listed above. I am a very active member here on THP and will provide honest reviews. I spend multiple hours a day during the week on THP.

Good luck everyone!
    Want to know what's in my FlexTech Bag Here ya go!

Cortex w/Aldila Rogue Silver 125 Stiff
    G410 5 wood
    Steelhead XR Heavenwood
    Apex 4 & 5 hybrid
    Apex '19 Combo 6-AW w/Catalyst 100 6.0
    New Level M-Type 56 & 60
    Spider X

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Nike 20XI s and callaway tour i(s) I need the spinnier balls because i need the spin to get the ball in the air and also green side control
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Penta, B330 s, pro v1 '09, pro v1x '11
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? I need something that spins a little more so therefore I can get more carry and also I hit alot of aggressive chips, so something with greenside control.
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?I play at least 5-6 rounds of golf a week and I go out everyday and putt and chip, Im active on THP when I feel its a topic I can help on or have knowledge about, I get on here everyday and look around, but I dont always comment.
    Driver: PING G20 10.5 UST V2 Tour Flight X
    3 wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition Stock X flex
    3 Hybrid: Nike VR Pro 21 RIP Beta 85X
    4 iron: PING G20 KBS C-TAPER X
    5-GW Ping G15 DG X100
    SW: Bridgestone J40 54
    LW: Scratch Tour Issue 8620 STL Grind 59
    Cleveland Classic 2 all black
    One shot at a time....one shot at a time....

More Golf in 2019!!
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,881 Posts
    Sounds like fun!
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Diablo Tour. I like the ball flight and feel the most. It does a pretty fine job of stopping on greens as well, especially soft ones!
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Callaway i(s), Bridgestone 330-RX
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? A bit of help keeping it straight off the driver. Mid heigth flight. Softish feel without feeling like hot butter and stopping power.
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? 45 holes/week minimum. 70 range balls minimum. 1/2 my day is spent checking THP for updates I also have access to a couple course with entirely different layouts and conditions.

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Another great opportunity!!

1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Titleist Pro V 1
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Bridgestone E6
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Distance, control, spin, feel
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I will practice 2-3 times per week as well as play a round of golf each week. I will also be open to questions by other THP's and answer as good as I can. I have access to THP all day so I can help answer questions.
    In my golf bag:
    Driver: R11 TP 9*
    Fairway Wood: R9 3 Wood
    Hybrid: Rescue TP 18*
    Irons: Tour Preferred MC 3-PW
    Wedges: CG15 52*,54*,58*Vokey SM 60*
    Putter: Studio Select Laguna 1.5
    Ball: Testing Vision Golf balls for and Vision Golf

Handicap
    Golf
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why?
    Bridgestone B330 series. I'm not sure exactly why but I know that I don't lose them on the course and that makes me happy.

2. What other golf balls have you tested recently?
    I've tried the Srixon Zstars (older model), Trispeed, Bridgestone E5/6, and TaylorMade TP red and black.

3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game?
    Control and distance. I want to be able to carry the ball further without having to worry about too much side spin.

4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
    I'm not sure how I would test golf balls. I can bring them to the range but I'd never be able to get them back. I can bring them to my course and play them. I know where my usual golf ball lands for distance so I could easily compare.
    "Victory Loves Preparation"
    BAG=
    PUTTER=
    IRONS=
    Driver/hybrids=

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10,900 Posts
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Srixon Trispeed Tour
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Taylormade Tour Burner, Penta TP, Bridgestone E7, Taylormade TP Black LDP, Srixon Z-Star,
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? Spin on full swing irons shots. Also feel off of the driver.4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm on THP daily and try to contribute in a positive way. I have tested equipment for THP before and enjoyed the experience. I don't think that there were any complaints about my testing. As a mid handicap, I find that the site offers a lot of knowledge that has helped me understand golf. Because of the knowledge that I've gained, I want to help others have the same kind of positive experience as I have.
    917D2
    GBB Epic Sub Zero 15
    Apex Hybrid 20
    Tour V6 Irons
    Mack Daddy 4 W Grind 50, 54 & 60
    Custom MySpider Tour
    Chrome Soft
    Tour X

Handicap
    13.9 OOB
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    This sounds like fun! Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to read the reviews!
    In the Callaway Org 14 Sport bag:

Driver: G15 10.5* X-Stiff TFC
    3 Wood: I20 15* Stiff TFC
    Hybrid: EZONE 3H 18* courtesy of THP and Yonex
    4-PW: Burner 2.0 (+1", 2* up) courtesy of THP and Taylormade
    Wedges: X Forged wedge 52* bent to 50*, 60*
    Putter: Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost 35"

Currently Testing: Zarma spikes

Handicap
    13.6 GHIN
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,578 Posts
    1. What is your current golf ball of choice and why? Nike Juice. I like the distance I get with this ball, and its a good ball for the price.
    2. What other golf balls have you tested recently? Srixon Zstar, Bridgestone e6 (fitted on their website) Polara anti-slice ball
    3. What do you look for in a golf ball for your game? A ball that has good distance and minimal sidespin
    4. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play golf 2-3 times a week as well as have a chipping area in my backyard. I will test the ball on the golf course and in the yard and compare it to all of the other balls I have and have used.

Thanks so much THP for an awesome contest!
    WITB Thanks to the generosity of and

GBB 10.5 with Aldila Rogue 70 or Hashimoto
    816 3 Wood with Aldila Rogue 70
    GBB Heavenwood with Aldila Rogue 70
    Apex 4H
    Apex CF16 5-AW with Recoil 110s
    MD3 56W and 60W with Recoil 110s
    Works Tank Cruiser #7