Matrix Radix HD6 Review

Outstanding review TC! You had me lost as could be early on with all the tech talk but you did a really good job of putting it in terms that I can relate to and it sounds like a really solid shaft that must be considered when people are looking for an aftermarket shaft to complete they're driver total package.

Thanks buddy!

Great review, dude! I really wrote off Matrix after trying the Superfast 2.0 driver, but this sounds like a sweet shaft. Definitely something I'll have to try out now. This is what makes this site great...reviews from friends whose opinions you trust!

I think you hit on something that is a huge misconception for the company: the made for shafts that come in the Superfast (which I had) are nothing like the after market shafts they offer.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words, support and encouragement. Your feedback is what makes this all the better. I hope Matrix enjoys the review.

I know I've had a real negative vibe towards Matrix because of the made for shafts. This review is very enlightening.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Just a heads up TC, my Radix HD 6 will be here today. I should get in a few rounds with it between today and Sunday. I'll give my thoughts as well as I was fitted for either the 6 or the 7 and I chose the 6 due to your review and research of the shaft itself. Can't wait to get in a round with it.

Just a heads up TC, my Radix HD 6 will be here today. I should get in a few rounds with it between today and Sunday. I'll give my thoughts as well as I was fitted for either the 6 or the 7 and I chose the 6 due to your review and research of the shaft itself. Can't wait to get in a round with it.

Fantastic! Please keep me posted on your results dude. I'm eager to hear your thoughts.

I got in 1 round this weekend with the new shaft and just like you said the best word to describe the Radix HD 6 is consistent ball flight. No matter how well I hit the ball it seemed the ball stayed on the same penetrating flight path. It was damp all weekend but I can already tell that I'm picking up at least 10 yards over the Aldila 60 gram shaft that I had in the R9 460. The big difference for me is the penetrating ball flight, the ability to get a few more yards on the ground once it hits compared to the last shaft and the firmness of the shaft gives me the confidence to let it fly.

There is very little twisting on mishits and the shaft feels so sturdy in my hands that no matter how I swing I feel like the club will give me more consistent results regardless of how I hit the ball. So far I can honestly say this may be the best decision I have made for my driving game in quite some time. When we get some drier fairways I'm going to be interested to see if I can pick up a few more yards because as it stands right now, I'm getting as much carry as I did with my Aldila shaft but the ball is ALOT more penetrating to cut through the wind and help with ballooning.

I will keep this thread updated with a progress report as I get in more rounds. But I'm with TC on this one, if you are looking for a good mid level priced shaft and you are wanting to get fit for a new shaft for your driver, do yourself a favor and hit some drives with the Radix 6.

Nice write up SKJ. I'm glad you liked it and that what you experienced confirmed what I am seeing. Good stuff.

I've been trying to help a friend get some options for a new driver, so I spent some time on the Matrix site last evening playing around with their incredible fitting tools. I am impressed by how in-depth the site is, so many useful bits of information. Anyway, I remember there being some excitement over the Srixon iPhone app, well Matrix now has an app as well, for both the AOS and Droid!

http://www.matrixshafts.com/en/00Home/00index_m.php

Back