What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played Kingsmill in Williamsburg today. We played the River course where they held the Michelob Ultra Open. Got on for $25!!!!!!!!! Shot 90. Temps were around 45 and wind around 10.

$25 bucks is a great deal... im surprised they were even open today

We played yesterday. Went up there to play the plantion course using the vsga card and got there to find out they closed it and had a delay because of frost on the river course. They said they could put us there for 50 but with a little talking they agreed to let us pay the 25 we were told for the other course. What a great deal and early Christmas present. Not to mention that I birdie 17 the par 3 by the James River from the blue tees, then we moved back to the PGA/LPGA tees which were 190 something and I made par. Great day of golf on a great course.

We played yesterday. Went up there to play the plantion course using the vsga card and got there to find out they closed it and had a delay because of frost on the river course. They said they could put us there for 50 but with a little talking they agreed to let us pay the 25 we were told for the other course. What a great deal and early Christmas present. Not to mention that I birdie 17 the par 3 by the James River from the blue tees, then we moved back to the PGA/LPGA tees which were 190 something and I made par. Great day of golf on a great course.

90...but it felt like a 110 with the wind. Totally forgot how to use a wedge on the front, never thought going from 58* to 60* would make that much difference.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

90...but it felt like a 110 with the wind. Totally forgot how to use a wedge on the front, never thought going from 58* to 60* would make that much difference.

How'd the Machspeed Black work for ya?

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Going with the wind it was great. Against the wind killed me, launch angle is to low for me so it just fell out of the air. Played both drivers today, thinking about swapping shafts out of curiosity.

P
How'd the Machspeed Black work for ya?

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

thats awesome! i plan on playing there soon

played Painted Dunes today...shot a 84...not completely happy with the whole round. I left a few shots out there that could have easily made it a 80 or 81...more in line with my capability. But I played golf who can complain?

played spyglass hill with my brother and shot 3 under
(on tw'07 xbox360)
snow is knee deep outside

Played in a balmy 45* weather with 30* wind chills and had a blast. Shot a 42 on 9 from a tee box back. Stupid double cost me though lol

I got out and played yesterday and by Tampa standards it wasn't the best of weather. It was in the 40's with A LOT of wind. Not real comfortable compared to what we are used to. Here is what I am finding out. I know this is obvious, but it is ringing too true for me right now. I have a new shaft in my driver and 3 wood. When I hit them I am hitting the cover off of the ball, but my misses are BAD misses. There is no margin of error right now and that is troubling to me. Lets break the round down (by the way I was playing Copperhead home of the Transitions). I hit 3 tee balls that were unplayable (forcing a punch/chip out) and I played those 3 holes at 4 over par. I managed to play the other 15 holes at 1 under. These shots off of the tee are killing me right now and I just haven't gotten comfortable or worked the kinks out with the new weapons. I think if I can get more manageable misses I could be doing some damage out there.

I got out and played yesterday and by Tampa standards it wasn't the best of weather. It was in the 40's with A LOT of wind. Not real comfortable compared to what we are used to. Here is what I am finding out. I know this is obvious, but it is ringing too true for me right now. I have a new shaft in my driver and 3 wood. When I hit them I am hitting the cover off of the ball, but my misses are BAD misses. There is no margin of error right now and that is troubling to me. Lets break the round down (by the way I was playing Copperhead home of the Transitions). I hit 3 tee balls that were unplayable (forcing a punch/chip out) and I played those 3 holes at 4 over par. I managed to play the other 15 holes at 1 under. These shots off of the tee are killing me right now and I just haven't gotten comfortable or worked the kinks out with the new weapons. I think if I can get more manageable misses I could be doing some damage out there.

there is an ask the pro section here on the forum.....hehe

Wow Andy, I hate that you are having thos misses. I am sure you will get the kinks worked out. Other than that, sounds like you are striking the ball pretty well

there is an ask the pro section here on the forum.....hehe

Wow Andy, I hate that you are having thos misses. I am sure you will get the kinks worked out. Other than that, sounds like you are striking the ball pretty well

Yea but is that guy any good? hehehehe

Got a full round in today before the rain got too heavy (and first full round in a few months). Shot an 89...rusty but hit 9/14 fairways, and putted well. Was off on my iron distances due to the weather but all in all, a great day.

Hit 52* here, I got to the course as soon as I could lol

I walked 18 for the first time in months and shot a satisfying 85 that included 4 3-putts and 3 doubles. My irons were in a place they haven't been in a LONG time and it was great to get such crisp contact, the rustiness on aim just bit me a few times, but, with more play that goes away. Good day for my first full round in months!

I am happy to hear that you fellas are able to play some golf. I'm buried under snow and it is extremely cold. Ugh.

86 today on a really tough course

Shot a 1 over 72 today.

Driver was not great (maybe a C+), irons were good (B/B+) and the putter was great (solid A).

Hope to get out again late this week but rain is in the forcast.

I am happy to hear that you fellas are able to play some golf. I'm buried under snow and it is extremely cold. Ugh.

im hoping i can even get on the course in a few days

I shot 83 today. It was one of the weirdest rounds I have ever had. I was hitting the ball extremely well and putting well too, but could not get the birdies to fall.

I was one over going into to #8 and had the birdie that was pictured in the other thread. Then on #9 put up a quad to finish with a 40 on the front. OB is a killer.

#10 starts out with a good drive and then from 145 out, I cupped it. From the air, straight into the cup, ball flies out 20 feet away from the hole and the cup is shattered. Pretty cool to see, not cool to end up with par there.

Then I put up back to back triples. Then shot all pars for the rest of the way and bogeyed 18 with a poor tee shot for a 43. I felt like the round should have been mid 70s at least, but what can you do.

That is a crazy round JB, you shattered the cup dude, that's awesome! Too bad the eagle didn't stay in the dang hole though!!

Wow, sounds like a boxing match, but 83 would still be respectable for me on a course like you play.

That is a crazy round JB, you shattered the cup dude, that's awesome! Too bad the eagle didn't stay in the dang hole though!!

It was good for a laugh, but I actually felt bad. The darn thing sounded like a shotgun when it hit like that.

solid round though dude, especially with the 3 TC'd holes you threw in the mix. i don't ever feel to bad with a score like that if i'm hitting the ball that well. bad luck on shattering the cup and it not staying in, but that's awesome. you should've taken a pic of the damage dude.

Nice job, JB! I'd like to see a pic of that cup too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back