Wimbledon 2011 (SPOILERS)

So Nadal goes down in the first set, recovers, and now Del Potro goes down and has to go off court for treatment...

Man, this is a tough year for injuries!

Both of those guys have recurring injuries frequently. Plus, there's some gamesmanship going on with the whole treatment deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure I'll post this in here since it's the only tennis related thread. I went to a pro am today at Innisbrook. The NCAA D1 doubles champions were there and quite a few other really good pros and college players. Along with them there was a 16 year old who has been ranked in the top 10 in the nation for every age group since he has been playing. It made me miss real tennis. If you have never seen professional tennis in-person, you really need to. I don't think people appreciate how hard the sport is at that level. I'm going to start playing again now. My cardio game has miles to go before I can start playing guys at my level again though (which is nothing crazy). I'm excited to start playing again.

Sharapova and Feds win Wibledon also.

Too easy for Sharapova.

Wow, Tsonga knocked out Federer in five sets. Roger was even up 2-0.

Can't believe Feds blew that match. The other three coasted through their matches. Ralph and Joker in the finals is my guess.

Lisicki testing Sharapova early. The girl has some power!
Maria has fought to get back on serve in the first set.

If you get a chance, watch the replays of the Tsonga/Djokovic match... I have never seen so much diving winners in my life..

Ridiculous.

I'm ready for Ralph vs Murray, even though I think Ralph is going to work him.

Come on, Sharapova! Kvitova crushed her in set 1.

And Djoko takes it in 4... impressive.

Back