Wimbledon 2011 (SPOILERS)

woody140284

Addicted to Golf
Reaction score
Handicap
Any of you guys interested in the tennis at all? Wimbledon kicks off today and looking forward to some 5 set thrillers from Murray as always!!

I love Wimbledon....my friends and I still get together to do the whole 'breakfast at Wimbledon' thing for the Mens and Womens finals. Been doing that for about 10 yrs now

My wife loves tennis and especially Wimbledon (go figure!). We watch a lot of the matches.

Wimbledon is a fun time. I especially like the directv coverage of it where they offer multiple channels. Makes it where you have a selection of matches. Definitely will be a few matches to talk about. I honestly expect 1 of the top 3 guys to win it since they have been dominating tennis for a few years now. Should be a good fortnight.

Wowww. A tennis tournament thread. I definitely will be watching many of these matches. I love the grass court style of play. I haven't looked at the draw yet, but I would watch out for Del Potro this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2G, Del Potro is third on Court 18 today. I like Del Potro, he's a big guy who likes to thump the ball. He's fun to watch!

I'm looking at a possible Murray - Federer final this year. I think it's definitely going to be one of the top 4 ranked players. I can't see anyone else challenging.

If Feds serves as well here as he did at Roland Garros he could win another one. Jokers flat ball should work well on the grass also. Murray, I just don't see him winning.

Murray, I just don't see him winning.

Did you catch any of Queens a week or so ago? Murray was playing some of the best grass court tennis I've seen in a while. He completely demolished Roddick. The problem will come down to holding his nerve in front of the crowd when the pressure is on. The media get's on his back so much during Wimbledon over here, it's crazy!!

Did you catch any of Queens a week or so ago? Murray was playing some of the best grass court tennis I've seen in a while. He completely demolished Roddick. The problem will come down to holding his nerve in front of the crowd when the pressure is on. The media get's on his back so much during Wimbledon over here, it's crazy!!

Exactly. He gets nervous and becomes a pusher, which won't work once he gets deeper into the tournament.

Nadal just won in straight sets. He was broken in a game in the first then just proceeded to take his opponent apart. No surprise there really.

I'm hoping that Murray's going to start to get a bit stronger mentally. When he seems to get down in a match it's amazing the amount of times an injury just crops up. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that all this good preparation he's been doing finally pays off.

Nadal is the Sergio Garcia of tennis. He just annoys me for some reason.
I'll be happy if someone takes him down at any point, but I don't really see it happening.

The women's side is pretty interesting. I'd like to see Maria back in the winner's circle after all her injury problems.

Nadal is the Sergio Garcia of tennis.
I'll be happy if someone takes him down at any point, but I don't really see it happening.

The women's side is pretty interesting. I'd like to see Maria back in the winner's circle after all her injury problems.

In what way is Ralph the Sergio of tennis????

I am really hoping Federer can win this.. It would be nice to see him get back to the top. Classy guy in my opinion

In what way is Ralph the Sergio of tennis????
He's cocky, seems a little arrogant, I don't think he's very popular in the locker room, and he's from Spain!

He's cocky, seems a little arrogant, I don't think he's very popular in the locker room, and he's from Spain!

Absolutely not. He's very much not cocky or arrogant and is one of the most liked players on tour. He's one of the nicest most humble players on the tour.

Absolutely not. He's very much not cocky or arrogant and is one of the most liked players on tour. He's one of the nicest most humble players on the tour.
Really? Ok, I'll admit I don't follow the sport that closely, but that's always how he's come across to me in interviews and stuff. I think that paired with how much time he takes between points just gave me the wrong impression. My bad!

Federer's my choice for the men's draw... he's Sampras-like... pretty dominant on grass and isn't really challenged until the Quarters or Semis...

Women's draw is wide open and I too would like to see Sharapova holding the Champions "Plate" at the end of the fortnight.

After a first set slip Murray dominated his opponent last night. Let's see if that was a one off or if he will struggle again in these early stages.

First game for Federer today. Let's see how good he's playing. Hopefully the rain will stay away so we can finish most of yesterdays matches too!

Missed out on tickets in teh ballot this year (for the first time in 4 years) so sad not to be going. Will try and watch as much as i can but the missus hates it!

The wife and I always enjoy watching this tournament, watching tennis on grass is just fun for sure. Neither one of us are tennis players but we always tune in for the grand slam events!

What does everyone think of the scores thus far?

I watched the Murray match yesterday and thought he was really going to struggle after that first set... annnnnnd then he laid the hammer down in a big way!

So far the top guys look solid. Murray mentally is still a little weak and winning tennis tourneys is more about the mental side than the physical side. Joker is looking solid right now against Chardy. I can't wait to see the Ralph vs Del Potro match. Verdasco should provide some good matches to watch.

So far the top guys look solid. Murray mentally is still a little weak and winning tennis tourneys is more about the mental side than the physical side. Joker is looking solid right now against Chardy. I can't wait to see the Ralph vs Del Potro match. Verdasco should provide some good matches to watch.

I thought Chardy started off really well on serve, but he's got nothing on Djok..

Isner v. Mahut is going to entertaining.. Should be getting started soon.

I thought Chardy started off really well on serve, but he's got nothing on Djok..

Isner v. Mahut is going to entertaining.. Should be getting started soon.

Watching this right now, Chardy just couldn't touch him.

Back