JWLI

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
OK, so last week I played my first round in 2 1/2 years and I learned what needed to be addressed; deceleration and leaving shots in the greenside bunkers (which is an extension of the de-cel issue).

Went to the range today to work on a bunch of stuff and I think I've addressed the de-cel issue and I was happy with my ball flight as well as overall distances and my driver was much more consistent and pretty much up to where I'd like it to be on distance. I also spent some time in the practice bunker getting used to blasting out the short ones around the green and after making a few adjustments there, that seems OK now as well (I was always a good bunker player, so I knew it was just a case of tinkering a bit).

So tomorrow I tee off at 9:56 for my second round this year and I think I'm going to start keeping score now and see if I can end up with some joy when it's all over.

I also checked to see if my newly reinstated SkyCaddie was working properly and it was (my car was parked exactly 612 yards from the center of the first green). Lastly, so as not to end up half-dead halfway through the round like last week, I dusted off my Sun Mountain 3-wheeler, inflated the tires and threw the cart bag on it so maybe I can save my back from here on in.

I'm psyched to get out there again and I hope that I can bring a decent amount of what I seem to have corrected with me tomorrow and maybe turn in a decent score.

We'll see...

Good luck!

I wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated on your progress.

Great story let us know how you do!

Great job.

Looking forward to the week 3, week 4, week 5, week 6, week 7, week 8, week 9, week 10, week 11, week 12, week 13, week 14, week 15, week 16, week 17, week 18, week 19, week 20, week 21, week 22, week 23 and week 24 threads!

Back