Maruman Shuttle Fairway Wood Preview

Consider my interest peaked Hawk, can't wait to hear what you write about this one.

I'm going to name it driver jr. The slightly better behaved, but shorter long stick in my bag.

That's a great name and by reading your posts in the Break 85 thread... Sounds like it's an answer. I love how its giving you enough distance you can take it out when the driver is giving you ish.

I'm going to name it driver jr. The slightly better behaved, but shorter long stick in my bag.

Testing on this is done and I'll be working on the review over the next few days. I feel bad for the outing attendees that missed this. I also wish they were more available to golfers in the states.

This thing is soooo easy to hit off the fwy. Teed up you feel like you are gonna sky it. I hit it FAR, but JB can attest that I didnt hit it straight. hahaha. I hit 3 balls with it, pulled one. and pushed two.

It's definitely shorter than the driver, but it's enough to get me within range of the green on all but the longest of par 4's. It all sort of clicked when I mishit it and still ended up off the right edge of the fairway. That ball would have been GONE with my driver.

Not to say it's a replacement because I would rather hit the driver well, but it does seem to work for the times that I need to get on the fairway and can't find the driver swing.

This thing is soooo easy to hit off the fwy. Teed up you feel like you are gonna sky it. I hit it FAR, but JB can attest that I didnt hit it straight. hahaha. I hit 3 balls with it, pulled one. and pushed two.

I tee it as low as I do for an iron and haven't skied it all, but I'd agree that my initial thought was that I would be dummy marking the heck out of it.

I also found that I wanted to really go after the ball with it, which normally results in a nasty pull for me. There really isn't a need to do that as it's long, long with a smooth swing.

Having a club like that is priceless. When I pulled my 3w out instead of my driver this last weekend, I shot 5 stokes better. Everyone counts.

It's definitely shorter than the driver, but it's enough to get me within range of the green on all but the longest of par 4's. It all sort of clicked when I mishit it and still ended up off the right edge of the fairway. That ball would have been GONE with my driver.

Not to say it's a replacement because I would rather hit the driver well, but it does seem to work for the times that I need to get on the fairway and can't find the driver swing.

That wasnt your fault. AHA was in your head. Even then.

I tee it as low as I do for an iron and haven't skied it all, but I'd agree that my initial thought was that I would be dummy marking the heck out of it.

I also found that I wanted to really go after the ball with it, which normally results in a nasty pull for me. There really isn't a need to do that as it's long, long with a smooth swing.

yeah, when I teed it up, it was just barely off the ground. I would agree with you. Dont try to kill this thing.

Having a club like that is priceless. When I pulled my 3w out instead of my driver this last weekend, I shot 5 stokes better. Everyone counts.

That wasnt your fault. AHA was in your head. Even then.

I think your right, he is everywhere yet NOWHERE all the time

Better watch it....

Aha.

yeah, when I teed it up, it was just barely off the ground. I would agree with you. Dont try to kill this thing.

I think your right, he is everywhere yet NOWHERE all the time

Great job Hawk, I can't wait to read the full review. Took me a bit to catch back up on this thread, but I'm loving the look of this club. The shallow face reminds me of my SF 2.0 3w which took a completely new swing to figure out, but now that I have it just impresses everyone I play with. This Maruman looks like it could do the same except possibly much longer yet. Nice job buddy.

If you ever get the chance, I'd love to see some pictures.

Some pictures of the Maruman M Sole 3W and Maruman i4000x 5W

IMG00330-20110721-0028.jpg

IMG00360-20110721-0054.jpg

IMG00354-20110721-0048.jpg

Shaft on M Sole 3W
IMG00333-20110721-0029.jpg

IMG00336-20110721-0030.jpg

IMG00343-20110721-0036.jpg

Thanks for doing that. I really appreciate it! It's crazy that the 5W looks bigger than the 3W. I noticed that our headcovers are not the same.

I'm doing something a little different for the finished review and will be completing it this weekend. This has been one of my favorite reviews as a staff writer.

Thanks for doing that. I really appreciate it! It's crazy that the 5W looks bigger than the 3W. I noticed that our headcovers are not the same.

I'm doing something a little different for the finished review and will be completing it this weekend. This has been one of my favorite reviews as a staff writer.

I am looking forward to your review Hawk! I keep coming back to this thread and looking at the pics and I REALLY like the looks of this club.

Back