Switched to a bullseye style putter and Ka-chow!

rjwiggall

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, so maybe it wasn't that dramatic.... but I have always sucked at all things putting, and like the stereotypical terrible putter, I have about 10 in my closet. So while I was regripping my sticks in my dad's basement I noticed this old "northwestern" putt putt looking putter that was 32 inches long. I took it home and rolled it on the carpet and wow! It's like it took all the technology out and showed me how crappy my stroke really was, and then it allowed me to fix it.

So against my better judgement I took it out for 18 today and amid "hey putt putt, it's your turn" jokes and snickers I putted my best in as long as I can remember.

What's up with that? How come I can't putt with my Ping Karsten Anser or my NC Voodoo Daddy or my __________(insert putter here) but somehow I can putt with this ancient and marred up putter? Confidence? Now I want one of those tricked out Scotty bullseyes, but until I prove myself with Ruthie (yes, I affectionately named her after my grandmother because I think it was her putter at some point :act-up:) I will be spending no more money on putters!

Anyone had this type of experience before?

After going from putter to putter to putter, I have finally learned it's all mental.

I switched from non insert to insert, mallet to blade, center shaft to heel shaft.

As I have stated before, of it tolls it in then it's the putter for me! I'll putt with a shovel if it drops them in the hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alternated between a Ping Anser and a Bullseye for a long time. Bullseye's are great for distance control. I often carried both at the same time. Mine needs regripped, but if I had to go back to it I am sure we'd make due.

Back