Srixon Z Star Golf Ball Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Srixon Z Star golf ball review is up. We found this to be one of the best golf balls we have tried up to date. The days of it being Pro V1 and then everybody else have changed. Now consumers will have so many great choices in the premium ball category to choose from. So far we have reviewed both the Nikes and these and both are as good as anything else out there. Check out the review.
http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=2080

Last edited:
good read... these things, from what I hear (lots of buzz!), sound amazing!

• Admin
They are a very good golf ball. They have everything someone would want in a premium ball.

• Admin
We got a bunch of emails in asking about comparing them to the new Pro V1s. While we have the new Titleist balls here, we have not begun to review them yet. We did the Nike Balls, then the Srixons, Now we are moving to Titleist and Bridgestones. We will get to them all though.

i cant wait to try the z stars, they look to be really good. i also need to try both the new nike tour balls

The Srixon Z Star golf ball review is up. We found this to be one of the best golf balls we have tried up to date. The days of it being Pro V1 and then everybody else have changed. Now consumers will have so many great choices in the premium ball category to choose from. So far we have reviewed both the Nikes and these and both are as good as anything else out there. Check out the review.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=2080

Might I suggest floating a sleeve over to the new guy for testing......:wink:

I loved the review.....now I'm gonna just have to pick some up and see for myself!!!

• Admin
We had four users test them and all four loved them. Thanks for the kind words.

I am buying a case of these in Arizona next week. I LOVED the Z-URC and Z-URS!

Just an FYI. I was in the Austin Golf Galaxy today and they had a buy one get one free on the Z Star and Z StarX balls (two for 39.99). I asked them how long it would be going on and they didn't know. I got a box of each and am going to try to get out this weekend to see which is best for me so I can go back and load up at that price it is hard to pass up.

WHOA! That is an amazing deal that is not advertised anywhere. Jump on it. These balls just hit the market and should be priced NO WHERE near that price.

It wasn't even advertised at the store. When I went to check out he told me so I quickly grabbed another dozen.

It wasn't even advertised at the store. When I went to check out he told me so I quickly grabbed another dozen.

To be honest, I'd grab a crap-load and if you don't like em...make a killing reselling them.

Srixon Z Star how does it play Vs Pro V1?

Srixon Z Star how does it play Vs Pro V1?

I tried the previous model and found it very short compared to the Pro VI and TM TP LDP Black that I usually play. I see more pros playing it on tour and wonder if anyone could give me feedback on this ball. I can't buy a 3 ball pack around here of Srixon and don't want to buy a dozen and then hate it after playing one round of golf. Can anyone compare it to the Pro V1 or Taylor Made Black? Thanks

I moved this post to the Z-star review post. I find the Z-Star comparable to the ProV1 but for me it is slightly longer off the tee. Our review of it is up on the home page from last year and now I am currently reviewing the yellow version. I absolutely love it. I also found this ball slightly more durable than that of a ProV1. The ProV is a great ball, but there are so many great options out there now and these are usually cheaper.

Golf Galaxy is giving away a free Srixon hat with a box of these balls right now.

I moved this post to the Z-star review post. I find the Z-Star comparable to the ProV1 but for me it is slightly longer off the tee. Our review of it is up on the home page from last year and now I am currently reviewing the yellow version. I absolutely love it. I also found this ball slightly more durable than that of a ProV1. The ProV is a great ball, but there are so many great options out there now and these are usually cheaper.
JB, thanks for bumping this up for me. I tried to do a search on the site but came up empty. I, like many others, want great driver distance and spin control off the irons. I play a course that in summer the greens are rock hard. They don't leave a pitch mark and run in the neighborhood of 10 to 11 on the stimp meter. Some slope from front to back and without spin off the irons and short shots holding the greens is next to impossible for someone with a slower swing speed.

Golf Galaxy is giving away a free Srixon hat with a box of these balls right now.

Ha. I picked one up last night.

It is pretty cool. I play both the Z Star and the Trispeeds exclusively.

I kind of like playing these. I won a dozen of these and they play rather nicely!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I have just got done playing 27 holes with the yellow Srixon. I really like the ball for several reasons.

1. It was longer off the tee around 8-10 yards compared to the proV1's.
2. It was much easier to find.
3. They are cheaper than the Prov1's
4. They are more durable.
5. They are cool looking!

As I have previously stated they were longer off the tee, but I felt like they didn't have the same amount of feel around the greens. On a scale of 1-10. I would say the Yellow stars were a 7.5 while the Prov1's were closer to a 9. I will most likely start playing these balls exclusively after my last two sleeves of Prov1's run out. The yellow stars also seemed to be much more durable. I have been playing with a set of eye2 wedges lately and I can see different colors under the prov1 while after 18 the yellow star seemed untouched. This is just my two cents so go buy a sleeve and see how you like them but for me they are a winner!

Back