Honda LPGA Thailand [Spoilers Ahead]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad it's not on GC, instead I saw the Powerbilt commercial is playing. Yeaaaaa

• Admin
I agree MO. Its got a great field. But the infomercials are paying the bills I guess.

Here's the one from the LPGA site:

http://www.lpgascoring.com/leaderboard.html

I haven't played with the Yahoo board, but I know on this one you can click on a player to get her hole-by-hole results, statistics for the tourney, etc.

I agree MO. Its got a great field.

Agreed - Looks like a lot of players came (or went to Thailand) to win. Love seeing Alfie up there - what a resurging game she's got. And speaking of the old gals, how about Juli Inkster? 33 on the front 9. Nice. Hee-Won, Morgan, many others have got it going on! :clapp:

How does this tourney work? Only 60 in the field--do half of them go home, or do all 60 play all four rounds?

Looks like a cool weekend ahead--some great names at the top. Nice to see Morgan Pressel back in it, of course Paula's there, Lorena's well positioned, and Helen A. is still hot.

Seems that Juli Inkster and Christina Kim didn't have such great rounds.

I wish I could see this for real!

Claire - This is a limted field/no cut event. There are other events run this way, but not many. Anyway, agreed - I'm loving that leaderboard. There are links to Thai TV, but with the time differences, I've not been able to log on at the appropriate time. I might try later today. Very exciting.

woohoo my home country!!!

I wish it was being televised.

Me too CG. Me too.

I've got a live link to Thai TV - other programming on now - the transmission is not good :(. I'll post again when the event is on.

FYI: The LPGA now has the HSBC tournament TV broadcast listed:

HSBC Women's Champions
  • Mar 06 : GC
    1:30-2:30 PM ET
  • Mar 07 : GC
    5:00-6:00 PM ET
  • Mar 08 : GC
    5:00-6:00 PM ET

I've got a live link to Thai TV - other programming on now - the transmission is not good :(. I'll post again when the event is on.

Thanks Ricey. Do you know what time the broadcast starts?

Four Americans at the top of the leaderboard, Brittany Lang, Morgan Pressel, Paula Creamer and Angela Stanford, nice start ladies!
Just like everyone else, I really wish we could see this on TV.

Well Natalie is starting off on fire today. Three birdies through 5 holes. Her game may actually be coming around this year after all.

Well Natalie is starting off on fire today. Three birdies through 5 holes. Her game may actually be coming around this year after all.

ImageThumbnailer.ashx
ImageThumbnailer.ashx
ImageThumbnailer.ashx

How does this tourney work? Only 60 in the field--do half of them go home, or do all 60 play all four rounds?

Looks like a cool weekend ahead--some great names at the top. Nice to see Morgan Pressel back in it, of course Paula's there, Lorena's well positioned, and Helen A. is still hot.

Seems that Juli Inkster and Christina Kim didn't have such great rounds.

I wish I could see this for real!

ImageThumbnailer.ashx
ImageThumbnailer.ashx
ImageThumbnailer.ashx
ImageThumbnailer.ashx
ImageThumbnailer.ashx

I found this streaming video:
http://tvonline.ch7.com/tvonline/ch7webtv.aspx

lo-rez, and commentary is in Thai. Plus, it's live (Thailand is 12 hours ahead of ET) from 3-5pm local time. But if anyone is up, there you have it.

EDIT: And it keeps timing out. I'm giving up and going to bed.

Moving day! Paula's got a three shot lead over Lorena Ochoa and Brittany Lang. And there's Karrie Webb in fourth. But it looks like some people really struggled--a lot of +4s for the day.

Wow, did the wind kick up or something? 33 on the front 9, 41 on the back. +2 for the day, and a drop to T-22. Ouch.

Julie (and Natalie), avert your eyes:
Spoiler
I realize this is innappropriate, but it looks like NG's fallen off her workout regimen (maybe because of her back problems). Since she isn't a natural beauty, as she ages it's just not a good look. Sorry Natty.

Julie (and Natalie), avert your eyes:
Spoiler
I realize this is innappropriate, but it looks like NG's fallen off her workout regimen (maybe because of her back problems). Since she isn't a natural beauty, as she ages it's just not a good look. Sorry Natty.

Spoiler
She could be pregnant I suppose.

Lorena with a big move up to second 3 back of Paula. Morgan Pressel with a +4 for the day to drop back 9 behind the leaders.:sad:

What is up with Suzann Petterson? Two doubles and three bogies in round one (+5), another double and bogie in round two (+1), and an even third round = T45/60. She needs to turn it on.

Thanks Ricey. Do you know what time the broadcast starts?

No - transmission is in Thai, so I've been guessing. I think the time difference is 12 hrs from US Eastern Time, so midnight tonight Eastern Saturday would be Thai noon Sunday. I'm a West Coater, so I logged on last night at 9pm Pacific and had a reasonably good transmission of a Thai musical review - nice, but not what I had in mind. There was an entry on the TV in English that said something like "LPGA Thailand". Maybe I wasn't clicking on the correct spot. I'll attempt to post the link that I've been using here - see if it works for any of you. I'll also try again this evening. Very exciting event.

http://tvonline.ch7.com/tvonline/ch7webtv.aspx

What is up with Suzann Petterson? Two doubles and three bogies in round one (+5), another double and bogie in round two (+1), and an even third round = T45/60. She needs to turn it on.

Suzann can and will turn it on, barring injury. She is one fierce competitor. She won the 2007 Long's event by defeating Lorena in a 3 extra hole playoff. Spouse and I had worked the Driving Range all week - dawn to dusk, but we were not going to leave until we saw the conclusion of the event. Very fun. Watch for her down the road.

Back