Anyone try the PING Anser Irons yet?

couldbeu

THP or work? Hmmm...
Reaction score
Handicap
I went to test out some irons the other day. I have been playing well for the past 3+ years with my PING i10s, but wanted to see what else was out there and if there was something better for my game or if I should maybe just change shafts, with all the new technology coming out recently.

Truth be told I was hoping the Nike Pro Combos fit me the best (I've been drooling over these and I love the idea of the progresssion throughout the set) or maybe I would make my own combo set of irons (Mizuno MP-68/63 mixed set).

I got the chance to hit a handful of clubs and plug and play with few different shafts... and there was really only one club that I hit better and more consistent than my current set and coincidentally it was the set that belonged to my pro... The PING Ansers w/ DG S400 shafts. I was about a club longer than most and my misses were minimal... They had a nice penetrating trajectory. I should note that this was the only set I was able to hit with the DG S400 shaft, so I don't know how much the shaft was a factor...

I wish I had known the price tag before I hit those clubs...

He encouraged me to hold off for a bit before making my purchase, he said he'd have the i20s sometime in August and he wants me to hit those first. My typical miss is a fade with the irons and I have to really concentrate to hit a draw/hook. He told me the i20s will have a little more offset than the Ansers and would help offset that occasional fade.

So I guess when it comes to my irons I'm a PING guy...
It looks like as far as player irons (I like the control) they have a little bit more offset (which helps 'offset' my main miss).

Back