Northern Trust Open [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like another solid field that is quite deep. Should be an exciting weekend of golf.

This could be the tournament I have been looking forward to the most this far in the year. Can anyone guess why?

Got my picks in

Team RonInThornton:

Bubba Watson
Rickie Fowler
Ricky Barnes
Zach Johnson
Matt Kuchar
Hunter Mahan
Louis Oosthuizen
D.A. Points
Justin Rose
Retief Goosen

This is a strong field, I personally hope Jeff Overton has his week.

We have our tickets for this weekend, looking forward to going!!! Can't wait :clapp:

We have our tickets for this weekend, looking forward to going!!! Can't wait :clapp:

I'm quite jealous. The wife and I went to the AT&T at congressional a few years back and it was a lot of fun. It's so cool to see guys in person that you always see on TV!

I'm quite jealous. The wife and I went to the AT&T at congressional a few years back and it was a lot of fun. It's so cool to see guys in person that you always see on TV!

We went to the Chevron World Challenge a few years back and that was quite fun as well. Will be going to the LPGA event next month when its in town :clapp:

Hopefully it won't rain :nailbiting: Its supposed to start raining tonight through Friday, with chances on the weekends :(

Ernie Els, Nick Watney, Jesper Parnevik & Fred Funk have withdrawn.

This could be the tournament I have been looking forward to the most this far in the year. Can anyone guess why?

I have absolutely no idea. Because it's at Riviera and that course is included with the Links PC Golf game?

I have a conundrum.

It's hard for me to discuss the tourneys each week, now that we have fantasy golf with prizes. The competitive side of me doesn't want to talk about what players I expect to do well, because I don't want to provide any insight. But, it's not like I'm lightin' it up in fantasy world anyway. Maybe I should brag about my Northern Trust picks in hopes that I drag a few folks down into the sewer with me.

I guess I could tell everyone how great Els and Watney would've done if they wouldn't have wd'ed.

I've been working on my fantasy line up and i'm leaving some golfers out of my team that i feel like i shouldn't. I'm doing this b/c I believe that everyone else will be picking them. I hate that strategy. Can't believe I'm leaving Kuch off my team. I have a feeling that it will pay off for some reason but what the hell do I know.

My darkhorse pick of the wick (I picked Gillis two weeks ago, then like 50 people picked him last week, lol): Robert Karlsson

I see your point TC, but there is a ton of stars in this field, and a ton of strong players. The top 10 will be different in everyones eyes.
I've been working on my fantasy line up and i'm leaving some golfers out of my team that i feel like i shouldn't. I'm doing this b/c I believe that everyone else will be picking them. I hate that strategy. Can't believe I'm leaving Kuch off my team. I have a feeling that it will pay off for some reason but what the hell do I know.

My darkhorse pick of the wick (I picked Gillis two weeks ago, then like 50 people picked him last week, lol): Robert Karlsson

Thanks for the reminder TC. I didn't even see Kuch. I dropped Ricky Barnes and replaced him with Kuchar.

What's going to happen if /when it rains? Will they just suspend play and continue on Monday/beginning of the week-ish? Its raining right now and supposed to rain through Sunday :nailbiting:

What's going to happen if /when it rains? Will they just suspend play and continue on Monday/beginning of the week-ish? Its raining right now and supposed to rain through Sunday :nailbiting:

If there is no lightning, they will play until it rains so much that the water cannot properly drain. Then, officials would deem the course "unplayable".

The course crew will be working almost 24/7 do ensure proper drainage. But, if Mother Nature doesn't want them to play golf......

Oy, I just picked my team. Not doing so well so far this year. lol

Deep field this week. I wonder what 10 guys I can pick to stink.

damn! I will have to remove him. I made a jump last week and I need to stay on that train.

Deep field this week. I wonder what 10 guys I can pick to stink.

I think the same thing each week. Almost feel bad for picking them.

I've made my picks. Hope everyone remembers to make theirs!

I'm with you, or for me lately I wonder which of my 10 guys will be pulling a WD on me tonight. :angry:

You have a chance to check in the AM since it's a late start time (for most of us).

Back