TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

Well well well, I got home this evening from work and walked in the door to find a beautiful brown cardboard box waiting on me and you can only imagine my face. TC was standing there looking at me waiting for a reaction but I was speechless for a second. I didn’t know what to think. So, I grabbed my camera as quickly as possible to snap some pics.

I honestly had no clue which ones I was getting and was happy to see the CB’s inside the box. When I submitted what I wanted I asked for stock standard everything. I wanted to review what most people would get in stores. First impressions starting with the grip….the grips have no alignment aids, they feel just like the tour velvets but they are the TM version and quite frankly they feel great. I am very impressed. The shafts are TT S300 XP’s and I can already tell you I love the weight, they feel perfect with the weight of the forged head, its almost like a perfect match. The head weight is incredible, from the few swings I have taken in my house I can already tell I am going to like the weight of these clubs. They feel fantastic so far.

When I first saw pictures of these irons I was instantly impressed with the looks, but I just want to say that pictures do not do these irons any justice. These things are gorgeous. In pictures I always thought it was going to be a matte chrome, but in person they are a shiny chrome and they look soooo good. I truly can not tell you how good they look. As far as the screw in the back people were always talking about, I have not even noticed it. These clubs just look aggressive and as if they are ready to attack any course. I want to thank THP and TM for this awesome opportunity. So, without further ado here are some pics. Oh but wait my friends….this is One-T so you know I am gonna bring it, so I hope you enjoy the first ever unboxing videos!!

Me and my lovely box

P2161463.jpg

me unboxing...mmm

P2161464.jpg

My grips

P2161465.jpg

you can see the excitement

P2161466.jpg

Why not

P2161467.jpg

the line up

P2161469.jpg

P2161471.jpg

TM's got sole

P2161472.jpg

the shaft

P2161477.jpg

these things are sooo sexy

P2161479.jpg

the face

P2161480.jpg

topline compared to the CG7 Topline

P2161474.jpg

Hosel stamp...it looks so good
P2161481.jpg

Unboxing video

the reveal of what they are

[video=youtube;6a-4pCgWLpY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a-4pCgWLpY[/video]

whats in One-T's bag

Wow. There is some healthy offset on those clubs. They look fantastic. Good work Taylormade.

LOVE. IT.

Thanks for the fantastic pictures One-T.
I don't want to have to follow you with the unboxing pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice One-T!! They do look awesome! The videos were an awesome touch!!

Great pics and videos one-t, those are really nice looking.

Man you look EXACTLY like a guy I went to HS with, freaking me out. Anyways awesome pictures!

That 3-Iron looks hitable. I am fully intrigued.

thanks guys, if you can not tell, I am pretty impressed. I will be hitting these soon and I will post some more about them. but feel free to ask some questionds

Wow. There is some healthy offset on those clubs. They look fantastic. Good work Taylormade.

I'm confused. Do you mean "healthy" as in there's too much or what?

That 3-Iron looks hitable. I am fully intrigued.

I second this. I have the R9 irons in the bag right now, but these look interesting.

I'm confused. Do you mean "healthy" as in there's too much or what?

Healthy like the perfect amount. When I hear "tour" I think thin top lines, small sweatspots and little offset. Those irons look like a fantastic option for a consistent mid-handicap.

I second this. I have the R9 irons in the bag right now, but these look interesting.

These remind me a lot of the R9's at address. But man, do they look phenomenal in hand.

Healthy like the perfect amount. When I hear "tour" I think thin top lines, small sweatspots and little offset. Those irons look like a fantastic option for a consistent mid-handicap.

ok, I'm following you now. Yeah, they are super impressive to look at. They inspire tons of confidence and I haven't even hit them

One-T awesome post man. Your pics are great and love the videos. Stock grips FTW!

One-T awesome post man. Your pics are great and love the videos. Stock grips FTW!

Thanks Kevin! I thought the videos would be a nice touch.

I can't reiterate how sick these irons are.

Thanks Kevin! I thought the videos would be a nice touch.

I can't reiterate how sick these irons are.

Yeah I liked it! I think FLTC needed a smoke with how much the damn thing was shaking lol

These have jumped to the top of the list of irons I want to try at the Outing. They're just to sexy to pass up!

Nice work One-T! I love the CBs, and look forward to you putting them through the paces. They do remind me a lot of the R9s, which are great irons in their own right.

I'll be honest I wasnt too sold on these when I first saw them but after seeing all these pictures in the different threads Im in love. Theyre just gorgeous irons. Cant wait for some feedback. Someone go to the range ASAP.

Yeah I liked it! I think FLTC needed a smoke with how much the damn thing was shaking lol

Nah, he was shaking b/c he was annoyed he didn't have them...hehe

Nah, he was shaking b/c he was annoyed he didn't have them...hehe

He wants them BAD. And I dont blame him, theyre stunning.

One T and Hawk these are great pictures. Really, really makes me want to hit these!!! Love it you guys! Cant wait to hear your thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha love the Whats in Jeff Overton's bag segment. Hawk your bag looks sick bro

Guys, those look sweet! Looking forward to hearing more about them.

Back